[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
http://imgur.com/a/PmbCq Made an alternate texture for the crossbow and bolt from flan's mod.
1wSJDW9.png

oDHyeza.png

Last edited:

ParasiticSquid

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to ask 2 things, does the public server have keep inventory or peaceful( a must to enjoy TFC to the fullest in my opinion... losing everything due to OP mobs until you reach iron is more tedious then fun and since this is coming from a TFC vetran thats saying something. I want to play this pack multiplayer but I don't want to have to deal with the "never allowed to leave home due to OP spiders and skeletons or risk losing everything" cliche thats common in TFC, I just want to have fun, relax, and enjoy playing with others without the dumb inevitable inventory lose TFC invokes ._. ) and when are you adding some flans packs with cars, planes, or guns? This modpack has already got electricity/machines and some modern electrical appliances with electrical age so cars and guns aren't out of place since it gives players a modern end goal for weapons and transportation, it will just take a while to make any of them due to the large amount of metals needed obviously. Would also give players some extra civilization goals to reach on servers like building legit roads/streets for vehicles, weapons shops for economic servers, and stuff like that.

Also, and im pretty sure im not the only one whos thought this but... is it possible to have a refrigerator for electrical age that slows down food decay massivly when powered, like a real fridge? I honestly don't care about the lights and other stuff, I just want me a fridge since food decays super fast... a modern food storage apliance to stop that super fast decay is definatly welcome xD

Edit: I might just try the server out in a bit and if it doesn't have keep inventory or peaceful I can make due since im experienced in the TFC early game... inventory drops + OP mobs are still crap though ;-;

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Is it this version of TFC or a mod that causes my chickens to become homicidal maniacs? I never killed one, yet my entire pen will chase me 30+ blocks with dozens of chicks pecking me (nearly killed me once). Is it herdcraft? Which config can I modify? Loving everything besides that so far, just started iron age.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to ask 2 things, does the public server have keep inventory or peaceful( a must to enjoy TFC to the fullest in my opinion... losing everything due to OP mobs until you reach iron is more tedious then fun and since this is coming from a TFC vetran thats saying something. I want to play this pack multiplayer but I don't want to have to deal with the "never allowed to leave home due to OP spiders and skeletons or risk losing everything" cliche thats common in TFC, I just want to have fun, relax, and enjoy playing with others without the dumb inevitable inventory lose TFC invokes ._. ) and when are you adding some flans packs with cars, planes, or guns? This modpack has already got electricity/machines and some modern electrical appliances with electrical age so cars and guns aren't out of place since it gives players a modern end goal for weapons and transportation, it will just take a while to make any of them due to the large amount of metals needed obviously. Would also give players some extra civilization goals to reach on servers like building legit roads/streets for vehicles, weapons shops for economic servers, and stuff like that.

Also, and im pretty sure im not the only one whos thought this but... is it possible to have a refrigerator for electrical age that slows down food decay massivly when powered, like a real fridge? I honestly don't care about the lights and other stuff, I just want me a fridge since food decays super fast... a modern food storage apliance to stop that super fast decay is definatly welcome xD

Edit: I might just try the server out in a bit and if it doesn't have keep inventory or peaceful I can make due since im experienced in the TFC early game... inventory drops + OP mobs are still crap though ;-;

The public server has keep inventory enabled. I prefer peaceful, but the server is on normal mode. I may add other content packs, but for now I'm sticking with what is currently in the pack. A refrigerator would be nice, but would require someone with Java knowledge to make it (I have the source of the custom EA version we use, if you want access to it for this, or other additions, PM me). In the mean time, there is a cellar from TFC Cellars addon.

Is it this version of TFC or a mod that causes my chickens to become homicidal maniacs? I never killed one, yet my entire pen will chase me 30+ blocks with dozens of chicks pecking me (nearly killed me once). Is it herdcraft? Which config can I modify? Loving everything besides that so far, just started iron age.

I believe it to be SpecialAI, there is a config option for it. For some reason chickens are evil...

So... You're adding the Witchery mod to the pack for halloween right? =D *crosses fingers*

I'll be adding Witchery once Modtweaker adds support for it, that way I can better integrate it with TFC.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Just sent an update request to FTB, if all goes well it should go live soon.

Update 2.16.0:

Added Mods:
  • Recurrent Complex
Structures built by:
Beavelguy
Big_Bear91​
Structures:
TCTower1
TCTower2
Totem1
Obelisk
Road1
Maiden of Purity​
  • Progression
  • Blood Magic TFC
sacrificial knife does damage equal to 1/3 the player's maximum health
Will never kill the player
Will divide the amount of damage done by a random number between 1 and 10 (inclusive), and will add that amount of LP to the altar​
Example: player has 900 maximum health
knife takes off 300 health
adds at most 300 LP, or at least 30 LP to the altar
Player is always left with no less than 10 HP
Player cannot fill altar while soul frayed
registered Bound Axe as itemAxe, it can now chop down TFC trees​
  • Glen's Gases
  • Gasses Framework
  • TFC Additions
  • TFC Scales
  • SquidUtil
  • SquidAPI
New tree mechanic:
reset sapling growth time factor from 4.5 to 1.0 (default)
disabled sapling drops
trees naturally regrow in forests​

Various other fixes and changes, full changelog available here: http://pastebin.com/8T6gXY2p

Blood Magic TFC is a custom version of Blood Magic, originally by WayOfTime, that I have modified to fit the needs of this pack and TFC. It is licensed under the same licence as Blood Magic. WayOfTime is responsible for the original mod, and since this version is modified from his, you should NOT be taking bug reports to him.

Once the update is live, the Official Public Server will be updated, and the map reset.

Last edited:

ParasiticSquid

Jul 29, 2019
The public server has keep inventory enabled. I prefer peaceful, but the server is on normal mode. I may add other content packs, but for now I'm sticking with what is currently in the pack. A refrigerator would be nice, but would require someone with Java knowledge to make it (I have the source of the custom EA version we use, if you want access to it for this, or other additions, PM me). In the mean time, there is a cellar from TFC Cellars addon.

Sweet, when I get time later ill join. Im also curious if you could get battlegear 2 working with TFC? The dual wielding and shield mechanic might be good additions for the pack, although if you do add it you might need to use version 1.0.7.0 since the ones after it have this bug where players can't attack with the off hand weapon while dual wielding and instead block with both.

On the flans mod content pack subject it might be a good idea to make a custom one suited to TFC since you are already doing it with some mods and I imagine making a content pack would be much easier then adapting an entire mod

Edit: Forgot to mention I don't know how to pm people yet but since im learning java I might be able to try and make a fridge when I get the chance, been working on trying to maintain the 4space galacticraft addon so while im not 'advanced' I still know the basics on java programming

Last edited:

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet, when I get time later ill join. Im also curious if you could get battlegear 2 working with TFC? The dual wielding and shield mechanic might be good additions for the pack, although if you do add it you might need to use version 1.0.7.0 since the ones after it have this bug where players can't attack with the off hand weapon while dual wielding and instead block with both.

On the flans mod content pack subject it might be a good idea to make a custom one suited to TFC since you are already doing it with some mods and I imagine making a content pack would be much easier then adapting an entire mod

Edit: Forgot to mention I don't know how to pm people yet but since im learning java I might be able to try and make a fridge when I get the chance, been working on trying to maintain the 4space galacticraft addon so while im not 'advanced' I still know the basics on java programming

I've never made a Flan's content pack, nor used Battlegear before, I'll look into them.
To PM someone on FTB forums, click their name, go to information, then start conversation

Will this require a map reset? Kinda put 4 ingame years into my world so far.

No, the OPS is being reset because it has a ton of corrupted chunks from when enviromine was removed.

Pack Updated, OPS updated and map reset.

Menethar

Jul 29, 2019
Update 2.16.0:

New tree mechanic:
reset sapling growth time factor from 4.5 to 1.0 (default)
disabled sapling drops
trees naturally regrow in forests​

Does it mean there is no more sapling ?
How to get the oak sapling for hardcore questing mode in stone age quest ?

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
So.. I'm kinda stuck. There's so many disabled recipes in NEI, I don't even know where to start after reaching blue steel. So far in this modpack I've fully explored the TFC side of things, but have been unable to do a single thing from any other mod outside vanilla TFC (other than craft a thauminomicon, as I've never seen any infused stone in my world, and I've explored 10k + in most directions, so no thaumometer)

Where do you guys begin? Mekanism? Immersive engineering? Pneumaticraft? what are the tiers? I'm lost here. So far this has been merely another vanilla TFC playthrough for me, and as such, I'm done.
The ingame Immersive engineering book is useless, as none of the recipes are correct. Is there even ore doubling? because looking at some of these IM machines it would take me real life years to build some of them without some basic automation.

I see buildcraft stuff listed, but no recipes for any of the engines ect.

Opened up a creative world to test RC boilers. Appears they don't work either (doesn't recognize any tfc water).

Actually kinda disappointed now that I'm endgame vanilla tfc and can't utilize any of the mods, insofar as NEI can tell me (every recipe I look at has something either disabled or uncraftable). Other than the immersion mods, I haven't noticed any achievable "tech" in survival mode.

Last edited:

Beavelguy

Jul 29, 2019
i usually go with vanilla tfc until steel and then get into electrical age. Immersive engineering is also fairly simple to get started with at that stage. Look at the recipe for industrial hemp seeds and get a farm going, RC coke ovens are made from fire brick blocks and will help you mass produce charcoal and creosote, refined iron is made by processing your wrought iron in a macerator and cooking the dust in a furnace. As for the late game arc furnace and the diesel generator to power it.... Yeah you'll get pretty good at making steel by the time those are finished :p

Nei really is your friend. Trust it over the various mod books. You'll notice that platinum is oredicted with tungsten, for example, which you'll need to make alloy.

Reactions: starwolf

Khob

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda stuck at the crucible stage... For some reason, when i put the crucible on top of the forge, gravity makes it fall and destroys it. i tried putting it on before and after lighting it. tried in creative does the same thing.

Sorry for image format, 4320x900 :p
crucible-forge.png

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I'm kinda stuck at the crucible stage... For some reason, when i put the crucible on top of the forge, gravity makes it fall and destroys it. i tried putting it on before and after lighting it. tried in creative does the same thing.

Sorry for image format, 4320x900 :pView attachment 24623

Try putting stone bricks or a plank next to where the crucible will be (you can also use the chisel to make them into slabs/stairs, if you wish).

Khob

Jul 29, 2019
Try putting stone bricks or a plank next to where the crucible will be (you can also use the chisel to make them into slabs/stairs, if you wish).
Thank you so much for your fast answer. Work Perfectly fine now.
And btw awesome job with the pack so far. It's my first time playing modded tfc and its amazing!

ghezra

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my friends created a server and after a while we noticed a few things:
-Barrels don't accumulate water in rain
-Snow doesn't accumulate at all (tested even on single player -35 degrees with snow)

I tried checking to see if anyone else was experiencing this, but the latest thing I can find is a post from October 5th saying 2.14.1 hotfix fixed these issues. Did I miss something? Is there a config file to fix this?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Me and my friends created a server and after a while we noticed a few things:
-Barrels don't accumulate water in rain
-Snow doesn't accumulate at all (tested even on single player -35 degrees with snow)

I tried checking to see if anyone else was experiencing this, but the latest thing I can find is a post from October 5th saying 2.14.1 hotfix fixed these issues. Did I miss something? Is there a config file to fix this?

This issue was fixed, but then the fix was removed due to flickering screen and continuity issues. I hope to have snow fixed soon, as for rain filling barrels, I cannot say.

Reactions: ghezra

ghezra

Jul 29, 2019
This issue was fixed, but then the fix was removed due to flickering screen and continuity issues. I hope to have snow fixed soon, as for rain filling barrels, I cannot say.

This is a perfect response, thank you! We thought we were going crazy. We played back in May of this year and we could all swear we saw snow accumulate lol. Thank you for the quick response!

aobarbosa

Jul 29, 2019
" disabled sapling drops "

The sapling drop was removed to hinder the completion of the quest or for some other reason?

Now we can only find sapling planted in the ground?

Thz

Khob

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah since 2.16 barrels dont refill and i must admit that it is really annoying since i have to walk kinda far to get fresh water. I was relying on the rain to get it. :( I hope you can find a way to enable it back in the next update. Thanks again for the pack. Another thing, not to complain cause i love te pack like crazy but my minimap dont update correctly. Its like its not sure if something changed or not. It flicker between reality and what it was like 2 days ago. Im 30 hours in now and I cant get enough of it. Thaumcraft is pretty hard since most tfc item arent scannable but ill concentrate on making some kind of electricity for now. Do you guys an order to do things to get started easily? Like what kind of power can you start with? I thought of bc engines but they are disabled :( . I dont know nothing about electrical age even in "vanilla" mc but it seems like the way to go. Am i right. Thanks :)