[1.7.10] Technofirma - The Original Terrafirmacraft Modpack

mrmorse

Jul 29, 2019
The loading chunks falling from the sky irritated me too. If you go to mod options and change the animation mode to 0, loading chunks will animate as rising up instead of falling from the sky.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
You've probably already checked, but could it be a key conflict that stops the 'o' button from working?

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
I found a massive copper vein that disintegrate into a massive crumbling cave (didn't drop the ores), I suddenly fell asleep and all of my stuff clipped though the ground and fell into the void after suffocating to death.

having loading chunks falling from the sky gives me a headache.

I'll look into it.

You are not alone. It seems like a recent update broke NEI. pressing the button to show/hide NEI doesn't work either.

Go to options >controls>better sprinting and change the o to something else. That may fix it.

The loading chunks falling from the sky irritated me too. If you go to mod options and change the animation mode to 0, loading chunks will animate as rising up instead of falling from the sky.

This is an option, as is disabling it. None of the aesthetic mods are required for the pack.

PeanutGalaxy

Jul 29, 2019
You've probably already checked, but could it be a key conflict that stops the 'o' button from working?

I was not aware that the key conflict effected the inventory screen. I often set my movement keys to be used in the inventory as I use neither at the same time.

I will check if this works and post my reply.

Eggyplant

Jul 29, 2019
the physics for stone can grant a full chest of raw stone in item form! no bigge for me, not so lovey exploit for the modpack.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Loving your modpack so far, just an issue: Last update broke my key binding (ctrl to sneak). I've been able to use this binding for every modpack since 1.4.7, but I'm unable to find which mod is conflicting. The key bindings menu shows it as free, so it must be either some sub-mod config I can't find or something hard coded that changed.

*edit* I rebound it to something else and I can't sneak at all.
*edit2* Upon further troubleshooting it does indeed work, but the head bob doesn't appear in first person (meaning I can't visually tell if I'm sneaking unless in f5 mode)

Any idea what causes this?

Last edited:

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
also, which mod config can I modify for the night lighting? Apparently it conflicts with shaders (completely black regardless of light level)

neigenoir

Jul 29, 2019
Hi
I want to remove ThaumCraft part from this pack. In FTB i disabled:
Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar
ThaumcraftMobAspects-1.7.2-2A.jar
thaumcraftneiplugin-1.7.10-1.7a.jar
Technofimra-0.3.0.jar
still getting error "mods could not be found: Thaumcraft"
What else should i disable?

Attachments

• fml-client-latest.log.txt
    372.3 KB · Views: 76

Guerin78

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unsure if this is a known problem, but NEI doesn't appear for me. It's loaded (I can still press 'r' on things to see how to make them), I'm just missing all of the UI (so I can't look things up). And pressing 'o' doesn't bring it back. I have tried disabling all the NEI dependent mods (Waila, nei addons, ect) and that doesn't work either. I have altered the pack slightly (disabling steams, because I find them to be a very lag-inducing on my machine, and adding optifine, to help my FPS), but even after removing that, it still happens (or, more accurately, doesn't).

I was having the same issue. In my case, it appears to be a conflict between NEI and the Stellar Sky mod--disabling the latter brought NEI back.

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
Loving your modpack so far, just an issue: Last update broke my key binding (ctrl to sneak). I've been able to use this binding for every modpack since 1.4.7, but I'm unable to find which mod is conflicting. The key bindings menu shows it as free, so it must be either some sub-mod config I can't find or something hard coded that changed.

*edit* I rebound it to something else and I can't sneak at all.
*edit2* Upon further troubleshooting it does indeed work, but the head bob doesn't appear in first person (meaning I can't visually tell if I'm sneaking unless in f5 mode)

Any idea what causes this?
also, which mod config can I modify for the night lighting? Apparently it conflicts with shaders (completely black regardless of light level)

Better sprinting removes the headbob, and it might be interfering with your sneaking ability. Hardcore darkness handles the nighttime lighting.

Hi
I want to remove ThaumCraft part from this pack. In FTB i disabled:
Thaumcraft-1.7.10-4.2.3.5.jar
ThaumcraftMobAspects-1.7.2-2A.jar
thaumcraftneiplugin-1.7.10-1.7a.jar
Technofimra-0.3.0.jar
still getting error "mods could not be found: Thaumcraft"
What else should i disable?

Try disabling warptheory.

I was having the same issue. In my case, it appears to be a conflict between NEI and the Stellar Sky mod--disabling the latter brought NEI back.

I'll have to look into this, but I am not experiencing this issue at all.

neigenoir

Jul 29, 2019
Try disabling warptheory.

thanks for your response
i disabled it, and "mods could not be found: Thaumcraft" error was disappeared, and loading goes through fml loading screen goes fine till 7/7 and then crashed.
console message:
[01:58:57] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:359]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# ...\crash-reports\crash-2015-11-02_01.58.57-client.txt

just out of curiosity, i enabled only the Technofimra-0.3.0.jar mod, and everything goes the same way: no "mods could not be found: Thaumcraft" error, crash while fml loading
so i wonder, if Technofimra mod definitely needs thaumcraft but it just wasnt written in dependences, maybe one of the other mods have the same problem?
i just need to disable more dependent mods?

or maybe thaumcraft is an essential part of modpack and i should just stop trying to drop words from a song?

Attachments

• crash-2015-11-02_01.53.45-client.txt
    19.5 KB · Views: 75
    2.3 MB · Views: 76

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Alright got everything adjusted to my setup, I skipped shaders because.... hardcore darkness I've found to be awesome. Really makes you watch your step. I've had two playthroughs of terrafirma in prior versions, but once you created blue/red steel it was over. I'm absolutely loving this modpack. The block physics are abit different than when I played terrafirma last time, but they're welcome changes once learned. Had to figure out how to mine all over again (lots of lumber). Building is a pain, until you figure out that due to physics you have to build just as in real life: cellar/foundation, first floor, second. I don't remember planks having gravity effects in vanilla TFC, but made it a challenge and felt rewarding once built.

A picture of my lovely little cabin (had to use greatwood logs for supports/ roof as TFC logs didn't seem to cut it)
2015-11-01_13.30.58.png

It burnt down a short while ago. Amazing how quickly those fire ticks spread lol. Nice cabin, helped me make it through winter.

Luckily kept my tools, moving on to bronze age now. (next house will have more stone in it I assure you :p

Love this modpack! Thanks!

A few notes:
Found Thaumcraft spider spawner/chest under that greatwood tree (contained 2 gold ingots and 4 iron ingots=vanilla) Is this loot intended? I used the iron for a chisel (chisel 2 mod) and carpenter's hammer so as not to mess with progression.

Also greatwood logs can be crafted into planks without saw. I abused this making my first cabin, unsure if it's intended or not, greatwoods are pretty rare as far as I can tell.

Reactions: Beavelguy

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
thanks for your response
i disabled it, and "mods could not be found: Thaumcraft" error was disappeared, and loading goes through fml loading screen goes fine till 7/7 and then crashed.
console message:
[01:58:57] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:359]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# ...\crash-reports\crash-2015-11-02_01.58.57-client.txt

just out of curiosity, i enabled only the Technofimra-0.3.0.jar mod, and everything goes the same way: no "mods could not be found: Thaumcraft" error, crash while fml loading
so i wonder, if Technofimra mod definitely needs thaumcraft but it just wasnt written in dependences, maybe one of the other mods have the same problem?
i just need to disable more dependent mods?

or maybe thaumcraft is an essential part of modpack and i should just stop trying to drop words from a song?
Go into TFCOre.cfg, and remove all the entries dealing with DarkOre. TC isn't necessary for the pack.

Alright got everything adjusted to my setup, I skipped shaders because.... hardcore darkness I've found to be awesome. Really makes you watch your step. I've had two playthroughs of terrafirma in prior versions, but once you created blue/red steel it was over. I'm absolutely loving this modpack. The block physics are abit different than when I played terrafirma last time, but they're welcome changes once learned. Had to figure out how to mine all over again (lots of lumber). Building is a pain, until you figure out that due to physics you have to build just as in real life: cellar/foundation, first floor, second. I don't remember planks having gravity effects in vanilla TFC, but made it a challenge and felt rewarding once built.

A picture of my lovely little cabin (had to use greatwood logs for supports/ roof as TFC logs didn't seem to cut it)
View attachment 24252

It burnt down a short while ago. Amazing how quickly those fire ticks spread lol. Nice cabin, helped me make it through winter.

Luckily kept my tools, moving on to bronze age now. (next house will have more stone in it I assure you :p

Love this modpack! Thanks!

A few notes:
Found Thaumcraft spider spawner/chest under that greatwood tree (contained 2 gold ingots and 4 iron ingots=vanilla) Is this loot intended? I used the iron for a chisel (chisel 2 mod) and carpenter's hammer so as not to mess with progression.

Also greatwood logs can be crafted into planks without saw. I abused this making my first cabin, unsure if it's intended or not, greatwoods are pretty rare as far as I can tell.

Glad your enjoying the pack :). Most of the physics changes were from BlockPhysics, a mod I added to expand the challenge some.
Keep in mind, the roof is the only thing that really needs to be flame retardant.
The loot isn't intended, but as of this time, I can not find a way to disable it.
You'll find that greatwood planks cannot be used for most crafting recipes (boats, crafting tables) because of this.

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I believe SquidUtils has a way to deal with those kinds of loot chests...

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

neigenoir

Jul 29, 2019
Go into TFCOre.cfg, and remove all the entries dealing with DarkOre. TC isn't necessary for the pack.

done. six ore entries removed. amber and tc cinnabar wasnt found in that config file.
same problem - crash

Attachments

• crash-2015-11-02_10.17.47-client.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 62
    2.3 MB · Views: 72

kev12east

Jul 29, 2019
done. six ore entries removed. amber and tc cinnabar wasnt found in that config file.
same problem - crash

In the Darkserver config file, you need to remove all references to Thaumcraft.

I believe SquidUtils has a way to deal with those kinds of loot chests...

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look into it.