[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnailsAttack

Jul 29, 2019
I think that you should think about revamping the current quest reward bags. Many of the rewards are so mind-blowingly worthless that it's not even worth it to try to complete the quests. I don't think that by the time players craft a tier 2 thermal suit they need one of every color of stained glass, one of every stair, random wood blocks, limestone blocks, marble blocks, ETC.

This is why I'd like to suggest some new quest bag rewards to replace a few of the more useless old ones.

- 1 stack of a random plank
- 16 of a random sapling
- 4 pistons, 4 sticky pistons
- 5 TNT
- 32 glass
- 8 of a random wool color
- 8 uranium ingots
- 4 random BO'P saplings or gems
- 32 carpenters blocks
- 1 tiny compact machine
- 3 bowls of enderios

- 1 small compact machine
- 8 random ender.io metal ingots
- 1 wool grain
- 5 peridots/rubies/sapphires
- 15 red alloy wire
- 1 magic mirror
- 4 creosote bottles
- 1 flux crystal
- 10 iron/tin/aluminum oreberry bushes
- 5 gold/essence oreberry bushes
- 5 slime crystals
- 1 multimeter

- 1 normal compact machine
- 1 chunk loader
- 32 fused quartz
- 16 random ender.io metal ingots
- 1 vibrant crystal
- 1 ender crystal
- 1 random extra utils generator
- 1 diamond saw
- 4 random galacticraft machine parts (oxygen vents, oxygen fans, oxygen concentrators, tin cans, basic/advanced wafers)
- 1 gold chest
- 1 item magnet
- 1 mimic orb
- 1 random minefactory machine
- 1 reusable safari net
- 1 europa water bomb
- 4 sponge (block) (open blocks)
- 1 sponge (item)
- 16 tanks (open blocks)
- 1 white backpack (project red)
- 1 gelid cryotheum/blazing pyrotheum bucket

- 1 giant compact machine
- 32 random ender.io metal ingots
- 1 ender core
- 32 random lapis caelestis blocks
- 1 builders wand
- 1 golden lasso
- 2 random galacticraft machines
- 1 diamond chest
- 1 rare earth magnet
- 3 mimic orb
- 3 random minefactory machines
- 1 safari net launcher and 5 safari nets
- 1 needle gun and 3 needle gun ammo
- 4 elevators (open blocks)
- 4 extended drawbridges
- 16 glowstone illuminators
- 1 resonant machine frame
- 1 resonant portable tank
- 1 flux igniter
- 1 flux chiller
- 1 resonant satchel
- 1 tectonic petrotheum

- 1 maximum size compact machine
- 64 random ender.io metal ingots
- 10 mimic orbs
- 4 healers (open blocks)
- 1 green heart canister
- 1 resonant energy cell
- 2 tesseracts
- 1 creative cache
- 3 resonant machine frames

Along with these, random ME storage cells and thermal expansion pipes/metals could be given out. There are likely many more items which could be added as well.

None of these items need to be included in the reward bag item pools, but I feel that making them give out more useful items would make it much more appealing to complete the given quests.

I'd also like to say that so far, I've very much enjoyed playing your modpack. It has nearly all my favorite mods in it. (I'd like to suggest JABBA, iguana tweaks, and the re-addition of the enhanced portals mod. . <.)

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
9b7bed26fe08409ceb394be45f582da0.png

But the Newest one is 1.7.10-2.3.0.428_beta.
maybe it Works now?
I mean you could atleast Test it.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
What would be really awesome is if you got to create and update your unique spaceship. Like replacing the drive with a better one, applying armor plating, et cetera. The closest mod I know of is the T.A.R.D.I.S. mod but that doesn't quite fit. Ah well, one can dream.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
I would like that too, like you Start of with basic parts but when you Explore Space you could Find BluePrints for Better Parts (Fuel Tanks, Oxygen tank, etc) so that you can Explore Deeper into Space easier.

oh well.

W

WigoWam

What would be really awesome is if you got to create and update your unique spaceship. Like replacing the drive with a better one, applying armor plating, et cetera. The closest mod I know of is the T.A.R.D.I.S. mod but that doesn't quite fit. Ah well, one can dream.
that's why I suggested the warp drive mod, works even better if he added mystcraft to it, because, any dimension in the game can show up as a planet, so, if server admins made a couple of themed ages, such as dense jungles, people could go explore them with their spaceship.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
I would like that too, like you Start of with basic parts but when you Explore Space you could Find BluePrints for Better Parts (Fuel Tanks, Oxygen tank, etc) so that you can Explore Deeper into Space easier.

oh well.
that's why I suggested the warp drive mod, works even better if he added mystcraft to it, because, any dimension in the game can show up as a planet, so, if server admins made a couple of themed ages, such as dense jungles, people could go explore them with their spaceship.
maybe atm im not adding any more major mods to the mod pack

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
This fix should have been included in version 425 from May 9, at least it's tagged as fixed in that release. If you're using Curse Launcher its super easy for you to update the mod yourself.

i can't Update it myself.
i only Play on Servers.
so i have to Live with the Default Setup -.-

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Ah well you can always update it yourself to test in SSP and validate that both Nutrient Distillation and the Weather obelisk work now. Then, open an issue for MJR on the issue list and recommend he update EIO confirming that they're fixed. You might get more traction than posting it in the forum thread.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Downloaded the pack a few days ago and have just gotten a nuke-powered quarry going- 2 of the 3x3 ones for now. Still somewhat in the phase where im getting basic machines and power worked out, but I am loving this pack so far.

Side question: one of the early quests that has you make a pump/ender tank/lava generator says it comes with a chunkloader, but you don't get one in the rewards. Is this quest supposed to have one, or does the quest need to be rewritten?

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
This fix should have been included in version 425 from May 9, at least it's tagged as fixed in that release. If you're using Curse Launcher its super easy for you to update the mod yourself.
i can't Update it myself.
i only Play on Servers.
so i have to Live with the Default Setup -.-
Ah well you can always update it yourself to test in SSP and validate that both Nutrient Distillation and the Weather obelisk work now. Then, open an issue for MJR on the issue list and recommend he update EIO confirming that they're fixed. You might get more traction than posting it in the forum thread.
No issues here!!!!!!!

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Downloaded the pack a few days ago and have just gotten a nuke-powered quarry going- 2 of the 3x3 ones for now. Still somewhat in the phase where im getting basic machines and power worked out, but I am loving this pack so far.

Side question: one of the early quests that has you make a pump/ender tank/lava generator says it comes with a chunkloader, but you don't get one in the rewards. Is this quest supposed to have one, or does the quest need to be rewritten?
Please report that here https://github.com/MJRLegends/Space-Astronomy-Feedback-/issues

Wolf68k

Jul 29, 2019
I find it odd that you step the player through things like Tinkers and GalaticCraft and other mods, as to what to do first. But for Immersive Engineering you just jump a head and say "make a windmill" with no mentioning of the steps to make a Coke Oven first and so on afterwards.

I do want to thank you for not forcing players into making the all stone TiC tools and instead stopping at just making the parts.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
So what do I do with the Tier 2 Rocket? The quest book has been very helpful up to this point explaining what to do, until I made the Tier 2 Rocket and now I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go.

The quest book also has a Tier 4 Rocket quest (but where is the Tier 3 Rocket quest?), and that quest mentions asteroids, so I suppose I'm supposed to head there?

I absolutely hated the Moon quests. It took me forever to find my first "moon dungeon" because I had no clue what I was supposed to be looking for. I had to get help from someone else on the server otherwise I probably would have quit out of frustration.

And when I finally did find the dungeon and killed the boss? I got a Moon Buggy, not a Tier 2 Rocket. LOL So then it took me another 4 or 5 days of searching to find ANOTHER "moon dungeon".

I've really enjoyed playing this modpack, but that experience on the Moon was just about the worst experience I've had playing Minecraft, despite how cool the moon is with the lack of oxygen and low gravity. Utterly maddening how far apart and rare the "moon dungeons" are.

I ended up using a modified form of the cheating "x-ray" technique to find the dungeons... I discovered that if I flew really high and didn't get too close to the moon surface, I could make the underground appear, and then I could fly around and see if there were any "dungeon hallways" down there. Even using the x-ray technique, the Tier 2 Rocket Schematic took me well over a full week of play to find. That is not good. Cleary it is NOT the fault of the Space Astronomy modpack designer, but rather the fault of the Galacticraft mod itself.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
The Tier 2 rocket should take you to Mars, where you'll find the Tier 3 rocket plans. https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Tier_2_Rocket

I feel your pain, though. I really like the idea of Galacticraft, but there are parts of it I really dislike. I don't like having to wait around twiddling my thumbs for meteors to land so I can mine them. I also cleared about a dozen moon dungeons looking for that Tier 2 rocket plan, but only found moon buggy plans. I eventually cheated one in because it just wasn't fun. I was initially really interested in checking out all of these planets and seeing all the bosses, but now I'm not sure.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Good grief, it appears my problem was server lag. LOL I'll leave this up anyways, but just ignore it.

Regarding the Minechem mod... I've been having to mine all my Nether Quartz, but I suddenly realized there's a recipe for making it. Best of all, the recipe only requires the otherwise-pretty-useless White Diorite blocks - break those down into 4 Silicon Dioxide and 1 Gallium Arsenide. Oddly enough, the recipe for Nether Quartz is those exact ingredients in those exact proportions.

Everything works fine until I go to pull the Nether Quartz out of the Chemical Synthesizer block. It goes into my inventory, but a few seconds later it snaps back into the machine, leaving me holding nothing. Why won't the game let me pull the Nether Quartz out? Am I doing something wrong with this mod? I've scanned the blocks in the Microscope, and the purple book is inside the Synthesizer block. I'm stumped.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Everything works fine until I go to pull the Nether Quartz out of the Chemical Synthesizer block. It goes into my inventory, but a few seconds later it snaps back into the machine, leaving me holding nothing. Why won't the game let me pull the Nether Quartz out?

That's exactly what happens when server and client recipes don't match. Your client has one recipe, you craft with it, the server says, "not so fast, buddy." and reverts it, or something like that.

Last edited:

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
The Tier 2 rocket should take you to Mars, where you'll find the Tier 3 rocket plans. https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Tier_2_Rocket

I feel your pain, though. I really like the idea of Galacticraft, but there are parts of it I really dislike. I don't like having to wait around twiddling my thumbs for meteors to land so I can mine them. I also cleared about a dozen moon dungeons looking for that Tier 2 rocket plan, but only found moon buggy plans. I eventually cheated one in because it just wasn't fun. I was initially really interested in checking out all of these planets and seeing all the bosses, but now I'm not sure.
Follow the quest book