[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
MJR. I've really been enjoying this modpack for a while now, and the combination of all of the mods are fantastic. With the addition Chromaticraft to complete the reika mod series, I was absolutely ecstatic, and have had an enormous amount of fun playing with the mod. I can find no problems in server play or sp, and I was wondering why you've chosen to remove it in 1.3.0?

pakos2835

Jul 29, 2019
1) help! can i ask about server/ip with full SA-modpack features support?

2) SA modset have mod/setting what degrade visual/mipmap or something for compability/perfomance may be, can i ask about name of this mod?

thx!

pakos2835

Jul 29, 2019
MJR. I've really been enjoying this modpack for a while now, and the combination of all of the mods are fantastic. With the addition Chromaticraft to complete the reika mod series, I was absolutely ecstatic, and have had an enormous amount of fun playing with the mod. I can find no problems in server play or sp, and I was wondering why you've chosen to remove it in 1.3.0?
may be compability (technical) problem?

pakos2835

Jul 29, 2019
just start play ssp and immediately add some usefull things to vein cfg, as tcon hammer, mfr rubber wood, mekanizm salt and mattock as axe.

before i try find good host with all mods turned-ON, but nothing, and now i start play and immediately modify and i dont know what it will impact eventually, because pack looks made casually

Last edited:

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Because it doesnt suit the pack and i was giving it a test within the pack.
1) help! can i ask about server/ip with full SA-modpack features support?

2) SA modset have mod/setting what degrade visual/mipmap or something for compability/perfomance may be, can i ask about name of this mod?

thx!

1: What do you mean?
2: Sort but i dont understand the question

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
Because it doesnt suit the pack and i was giving it a test within the pack
I don't want to sound disrespectful, but that's your opinion. If you don't it suits the pack, that's fine, but other people play your pack, and we are responsible for its popularity (at least in numbers). I personally think it fits the theme, as its not exactly magic, and its power based and follows the theme of tech, as it ties closely with AE, rotarycraft, electricraft, and IC2 by design. Also, Chromaticraft adds soooo much exploration and research based progression that, if added to the quest system, will greatly contribute to the challenge and play-time of the pack.
There are no stability, interaction, or any other issues that would prevent it from functioning in the pack.
So far as I can tell, there have been no objections to its presence in the pack, nor have i seen any comments on any threads claiming that it interferes with any of the mods in the pack.
Again, love the pack, but your opinion is your own, and me and a large portion of the players who enjoy the pack agree that it fits and is incredibly fun.
Please don't disregard this comment, or the constructive opinion of a large part of your fans.

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
I legitimately cannot understand why you're removing chromaticraft. Again, there is a very large part of your fanbase that supports its presence in the pack, and I, as one of these fans, will be very disappointed if it is removed. I feel I speak for most of said demographic.
There are no compatibility issues.
No one I've seen has complained about its addition.
Adding it to the pack completes the reika set.
I don't agree with your opinion that it doesn't fit in the pack, and neither do many of the people who play your pack.
Please keep the mod for your fans who've supported you and your pack.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
I legitimately cannot understand why you're removing chromaticraft. Again, there is a very large part of your fanbase that supports its presence in the pack, and I, as one of these fans, will be very disappointed if it is removed. I feel I speak for most of said demographic.
There are no compatibility issues.
No one I've seen has complained about its addition.
Adding it to the pack completes the reika set.
I don't agree with your opinion that it doesn't fit in the pack, and neither do many of the people who play your pack.
Please keep the mod for your fans who've supported you and your pack.
Here is a issue caused by chromaticraft https://github.com/MJRLegends/Space-Astronomy-Feedback-/issues/106 also the mod was only added in the last update so my mod pack isnt depending on the mod at all and the mod pack popularity has been built without the chromaticraft being in the mod pack. Also whats stopping you from adding it to your own personal copy??

I will try and keep it but i cant if its causing issues like the one above

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
It would be a win-win solution/remedy to add a mod that has teleportation capabilities like draconic evolution. as for the infinite end issue, I've generated 7 sp worlds to test this and none have had this issue. Seems rare

Fwarp

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly, I'm absolutely loving the mod - thanks for all your hard work!

Sadly though i'm having an issue with the quest "Getting Fuel" in the "Exploring the Universe" section.

I've already got a set up for extracting oil and pumping it into the refinery (I have all the fuel I'll ever need to be honest!) - but having just returned from the moon, I've realised that there's a quest that's asking me to craft a "Portable Oil Extractor" - what is this? It doesn't seem to exist in my NEI.

Is there any way to mark this as complete so that I can progress, or am I just stuck?

Also, sorry for posting this here - but I figured that it may be a common query.

Many thanks again.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Firstly, I'm absolutely loving the mod - thanks for all your hard work!

Sadly though i'm having an issue with the quest "Getting Fuel" in the "Exploring the Universe" section.

I've already got a set up for extracting oil and pumping it into the refinery (I have all the fuel I'll ever need to be honest!) - but having just returned from the moon, I've realised that there's a quest that's asking me to craft a "Portable Oil Extractor" - what is this? It doesn't seem to exist in my NEI.

Is there any way to mark this as complete so that I can progress, or am I just stuck?

Also, sorry for posting this here - but I figured that it may be a common query.

Many thanks again.
Was you running v1.2.9 as this has been fixed in v1.3.0 which is out now

Fwarp

Jul 29, 2019
Update Version 1.3.0 released, Check Change log for details.

Ahhh derp, didn't realise - thanks :)

I'm using curse client - do I just click update and let it do it all for me? Or do I have to do backups etc and re-load what I've done ?

EDIT: for the record, I was using 1.2.9 just in case this crops up again :)

EDIT 2: Just updated, and now it seems every time I switch to my Yeta Wrench, my game crashes to desktop :/ Done it three times in a row now, can't even drop it from my inventory. Any ideas as to why?

Last edited:

XrockslipperX

Jul 29, 2019
Add fluxed crystals and Draconic evolution please. They fit the pack and in my SP play I've found that they compliment many of the other mods without problems

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Add fluxed crystals and Draconic evolution please. They fit the pack and in my SP play I've found that they compliment many of the other mods without problems
Please stop asking, i cant add every single mod because otherwise there will be like 10,000 mods in the pack

They might be added at some point if i feel they should be added, but feel free to add them to your own personal version of the mod pack.