[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
I left them, and changed the setting to let me sleep through them. They're useful once you get armor, so you can farm skeletons and endermen.

or you're like me and have some Magnum Torches and if they are to expensive, use Chandeliers.
i had one Magnum torch in the Middle of my Base. never saw a mob (except for my Monster Farm)

N

Nexey

*made an account just for this*
I love this modpack so far, I hope it makes it's way to FTB's listed packs.
I haven't found many informations about the official server, why is the HQM book disabled ? Will it be enabled in the future ?
Also the block breaker from MFR is disabled, that's unfortunate because all it does is fortune ores when mob essence is supplied to it.

N

Nexey

The quarry plus breaker requires no power once it's made, and can be enchanted with fortune 3.
Thanks for the info, still waiting to know why the MFR one is disabled, although I'm sure it is because of the "block breaker" in it's name, and the lack of information the server owner has on this block.

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
*made an account just for this*
I love this modpack so far, I hope it makes it's way to FTB's listed packs.
I haven't found many informations about the official server, why is the HQM book disabled ? Will it be enabled in the future ?
Also the block breaker from MFR is disabled, that's unfortunate because all it does is fortune ores when mob essence is supplied to it.
Thanks for your feed back, and i've told you about the HQM thing in game :p

N

Nexey

I love the quests so far, what about adding repeatable quests for basic, good, greater, epic and legendaries bags ? Of course the cost would increase a lot from one tier to another and a legendary quest would need maybe a whole IRL day to be available again.

Reactions: MJRLegends
B

Bob Lawblah

Digging the mod pack so far. Although the official server has been down now for a while. Guess I'll have to start a single player world. Does anyone know of any good Minechem tutorials? A guy said it was an awesome mod that you could get into early game that would really help, but the videos I've found are pretty terrible and don't really say what the point of the mod is.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
MineChem is sort of a high-tech version of Equivalent exchange. Everything can be broken down into it's periodic table of elements components. So water becomes two hydrogen and one oxygen. Which isn't too useful, but now you can take those and combine them into other things. A better example is copper and tin. Break them down and combine them at the atomic level into bronze.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
MineChem is sort of a high-tech version of Equivalent exchange. Everything can be broken down into it's periodic table of elements components. So water becomes two hydrogen and one oxygen. Which isn't too useful, but now you can take those and combine them into other things. A better example is copper and tin. Break them down and combine them at the atomic level into bronze.

you can use a Reservoir to get Infintie Water. Seperate that. use the Hydrgogen in a x64 Furnace Generator, i guess.
or make a Nether Star Farm that only uses Water!
only downside. all of the machines have a RF/t Input Limit, which is under the Use Rate. which then again is Stupid, becasue it slows the Machines down.

B

Bob Lawblah

One thing I've found a little strange is the progression of the quest book. I understand it's not meant to be a linear progression through the different steps but it's a little illogical. Step 1 early in the tree says I should build an mfr farm. Yet no mention of power has been suggested. So I check out step 2 which suggests a coal generator. Okay cool, so you want me to jump around a bit. That's fine. So i switch over to step 2 for a couple of quests. The 2nd quest in the 2nd step wants me to go to the nether and put down a lava pump and a couple of ender tanks. huh? The ender is one of the last quests in the first step.

So now I'm basically just ignoring the quest book, doing my own thing because the quests seem just randomly put in there. Getting started ends with power armor and going to the end. Fair enough I haven't gotten to the universe exploration quests yet, and it might get a little more logical then, but right now it seems very random. Enjoying the actual mod pack though, it's really fun.

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
They're supposed to be done concurrently, rather than consequtively. So when you're ready to go to the nether, you've also got everything you need to set up your lava pump.

Y

Yolocraft

I'm wondering can I play the modpack without being on the server because it won't let me play without connecting. I am on 1.7.10 but I can't even get on the server.

T

Techly88

Does anyone know any decent servers with few banned items and EULA compliance (for personal preference of hating P2W servers anyways)?

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
Does anyone know any decent servers with few banned items and EULA compliance (for personal preference of hating P2W servers anyways)?
The official server has only the essential banned items and block to stop griefing to people thing and so everyone can have a good time and its EULA compliance

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
I'm wondering can I play the modpack without being on the server because it won't let me play without connecting. I am on 1.7.10 but I can't even get on the server.

Yeah, it works fine as a Single Player pack.

I can't get it to work though on single player

I just downloaded it wrong

Yeah it works fine in single player and it will work fine in multi-player provided that server is on the correct version and is setup correctly