[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Dimensional Transceiver has channels, and can send and receive on multiples at once.
DT uses 1 Ender-Pearl per.
And acceptable cost in my opinion, plus if I need more, I just plug in additional DT's.
DT does indeed need power, and I like that it does. It also has a transmissible power buffer.
Also looks awesome, if not quite as.

DT does have an item filter, which can be handy, so you can shunt all your cobble to one particular one natively.
DT also requires three machines: Alloy Smelter, Slice 'n' Splice, and Soul Binder.
Minecarts are cool, and can be made into trains, which are even cooler. Besides, I'm going to set up so my AE system uses DT's and mine carts to send iron and coal off to be blast furnaced into steel.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, since this pack has a rather new Version of Ender IO i expected the Transceiver to being able to be connected with ME Conduits.
eitherway, the Tesseract can also receive from Multiple Other Tesseract. (like my Energy-Storage Input has only one Tesseract connected to 2 Different Power plants).
by the way, i never used a Blast Furnace. i just stick with a Induction Smelter (Resonant +3 Speed Augments) hook that up to a ME Interface near the Center of my ME-System.

ok, back to the Topic. Both Tesseracts and Transceivers have there Good/Bad things, but i'll stay old-school with theses 4-Dimensional-Stabilized-Ender-Powered-Infinite-Raged-Multi-Connectable-Matter-and-Energy-Wormholes. (i wish that would be the Ingame name xD)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think he's left that out so they don't obsolete the quantum bridge.

Right, but there's only one channel on a Tesseract at a time. So if you use it's infinite transfer to move power and steam to a Turbine, then anything else that gets main power, can only get steam out. So if you're processing fuel in the overworld, but you've built your rocket base on the moon, you can't pipe power and fuel through a tesseract. But you could run power and fuel through a DT, without interrupting steam flow.

Normally, I prefer to stay away from boring magic teleportation blocks, but this time I don't mind.

Incidentally, if anyone is trying to find lots of meteoric iron before getting to the asteroid belt, Deimos is an excellent place to put up a base for it. The ground is different enough in color to make the meteors stand out, instead of the moon's dirt which is the same color as the cooled ones.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
My first real foray back into TE in a long time and see that the recipe for enderium is quite complex. Anyone care to share their setup for producing it in quantity?

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
There's an alloy smelter recipe which isn't that complex but still pretty complex
nah, it's Easy. i use 2 Alloy Smelter for Enderium.
one making the Base and the Other for the Enderium Ingots. works the best for ME-Automation

I think he's left that out so they don't obsolete the quantum bridge.
yea, makes Sense.

Right, but there's only one channel on a Tesseract at a time. So if you use it's infinite transfer to move power and steam to a Turbine, then anything else that gets main power, can only get steam out. So if you're processing fuel in the overworld, but you've built your rocket base on the moon, you can't pipe power and fuel through a tesseract. But you could run power and fuel through a DT, without interrupting steam flow.
hmm, i usually don't even Transfer more than 2 things throught a Tesseract.
mostly just one Tesseract Bringing Items from a Digital Miner and also Powering it.
i never really Transferred Liquids through a Tesseract either, i mean there's Lava from the Nether, but my Main Power setup is just 6 Wind Turbines hooked up to a Vibrant Capacitor-Bank xD.
also, i'm not using Tesseracts for Everything, things like Big Reactor's Reactors are getting refilled via Ender Chests.

Normally, I prefer to stay away from boring magic teleportation blocks, but this time I don't mind.

Incidentally, if anyone is trying to find lots of meteoric iron before getting to the asteroid belt, Deimos is an excellent place to put up a base for it. The ground is different enough in color to make the meteors stand out, instead of the moon's dirt which is the same color as the cooled ones.
Welp, with Mimichite and the fact that around my Moon base are tons of Meteors. i never had Problems with them.
i found out that the Astroid Dimension is full of that stuff. funnily enough, at the time when i discovered that i already had a Tier 8 Rocket lying in my ME. -.-

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I have terrible luck with meteors. And they're the same color as the moon and it's difficult to see on my monitor. Deimos provides excellent contrast. Mimichite is useful, but I never seem to have enough. Of course now I've built the T3 rocket and it's just slightly shorter than my underwater launch platform. I'm going to need to move to the moon silo as soon as I find a meteoric iron asteroid.

I only use Tesseracts because it's too hard to get all the Steam turbines piped efficiently up to the reactor. Each one eats 2 buckets per tick and the only ways to move it that fast are tesseracts and fluid transfer nodes. Nodes work, but they require a fair number of speed upgrades to get the steam moving fast enough. Tesseracts are easier, since the fluid moves instantly. My reactor is fueled manually though, as much because I'm not running it for steam as because I only use it when I need my Advanced Genetics setup. And the only thing I wanted out of that, I got as soon as I scraped a bunch of squid.

Who's windmills?

My first real foray back into TE in a long time and see that the recipe for enderium is quite complex. Anyone care to share their setup for producing it in quantity?

It's not nearly as bad as it could be. Enderium base in an alloy smelter is easy, but I find pumping the resonant ender into an Immersive Engineering Assembler, or Cyclic Assembler to work just as well. You can if you're interested, store fluids in the AE system, and there should be an option to craft with fluids from extra cells, but I like the way the assemblers look.

Danie26

Jul 29, 2019
I just logged into my world and my inventory was cleared and i was back at my spawn. ;/ i didn't die.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
But with a digital miner there is no cobble......
why would you need to MINE cobble?
we got Ingenious Extruders with Augments!

Digital Miner? No, that's for cherrypicking out gems with silk touch.
not only Gems, but that thing is useful as it's faster with Mining Ores, since it only mines what you want.
even if it's a "cheap" way to mine, i don't care as long as it gives ores. :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Honestly, I don't like the 'fast' mining methods. I much prefer to run a train to my quarry, and haul the ores and materials back that way. The additional challenge makes the game more fun.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting thread-28/error [more planets]: update check failed! what do i do with this? it is stopping the server from loading.
it says it on the First Page... in RED so that people can see it.
Note: Please post any bugs/problems here(Not in this thread!) IF YOU POST THEM HERE I WILL IGNORE THEM!

Known Issues: http://pastebin.com/R73aBeqA

Honestly, I don't like the 'fast' mining methods. I much prefer to run a train to my quarry, and haul the ores and materials back that way. The additional challenge makes the game more fun.

Whatever floats your Goat.
but i personally go for Fast and Efficient things. like: Mining, RF Production, ME-Autocrafting, etc.
or to say it in the Factorio way: i Fill everything with Speed and Productivity Modules! :D

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
so i dug around the github page redirecting me to pastbin issues about this pack. Im trying to determine if it is really worth the effort since issues here are snubbed immediately in which case it makes it a lot cleaner here. I get that impressions are however what i'm looking for no spam. redirects. Even if you ignore them here goes.
More than on copper ect ore is unproffesional not needed.
the dragon update flashing in your way in game is unneeded and same as above.
no curser in options is annoying and turns alot off right at the start.
there is no synergy between mods added my base slowly became a monster mess of where do i grind this and can this be stored here.
biomes a plenty by default is not setup for servers. I have no want to go to vanilla biomes.
i love the concept of the pack its just by far the most annoying pack since 1.25 minecraft best of luck to you, and dont be scared to optimize the configs to remove the duplication of ores and such.
One if you dont like the pack then dont play it and there is no duplication of ores that isnt needed

Reactions: EchoingZen

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
One if you dont like there is no duplication of ores that isnt needed
well, let's just say Duplicated Ores make it easier.
for example, when you generate a new World... IC², TE and Mek scream "There shall be Copper!" you will quickly find out that your World now holds 3 different kinds of Copper.
bad thing is... idk, OreDict? (nah)
good thing is... 3 times the amount of Copper ore that would usually Generate! yay, more stuff! :D

p.s.: can i rip this Apart? i'm getting better in it (i guess)
:3
so i dug around the github page redirecting me to pastbin issues about this pack. Im trying to determine if it is really worth the effort since issues here are snubbed immediately in which case it makes it a lot cleaner here. I get that impressions are however what i'm looking for no spam. redirects. Even if you ignore them here goes.
More than on copper ect ore is unproffesional not needed.
the dragon update flashing in your way in game is unneeded and same as above.
no curser in options is annoying and turns alot off right at the start.
there is no synergy between mods added my base slowly became a monster mess of where do i grind this and can this be stored here.
biomes a plenty by default is not setup for servers. I have no want to go to vanilla biomes.
i love the concept of the pack its just by far the most annoying pack since 1.25 minecraft best of luck to you, and dont be scared to optimize the configs to remove the duplication of ores and such.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Eh, everything's oredict properly except IE's Bauxite which won't process in the SAG mill, but I just toss it into the enrichment chamber and go on about my business.

S

Sean Goodman

Amazing Pack, Amazing Server, Amazing Owner, Amazing Configs, 10/10 would say this is Amazing

Reactions: MJRLegends