[1.7.10] Space Astronomy [Space] [HQM] [Tech] *DONT POST ISSUES HERE*

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Who would be interested in joining a offical server for this mod pack?

• Yes

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
So what line in the config do I change to allow magical wood to be created normally?

Edit: Sorry to those that saw this post, I was upset that I spent the time making level 4 enchanted books to get the most magical wood from the craft only to get one.

Last edited:

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
So what line in the config do I change to allow magical wood to created normally? It's absolute bullshit to change a config like that so when you use 144 levels to make books and only get one fucking block.
can't you just use the TE way?
with a Bookshelf, a Fluid Transposer, a XP Drain ontop and 8000mb of XP.
getting XP is easy too, just get the Watering can and the Essence berry bushes.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I was wrong. Aluminum is fine, Bauxite requires processing in a crusher or enrichment chamber, and won't work in the SAG Mill.

So stronger books don't provide additional wood? Why not use 4 level 1 enchants?

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
can't you just use the TE way?
with a Bookshelf, a Fluid Transposer, a XP Drain ontop and 8000mb of XP.
getting XP is easy too, just get the Watering can and the Essence berry bushes.

Not sure I am familiar with "the TE way"

Getting xp isn't the problem nor is getting the items required to make level 4 enchantments in the ender io enchanter. It was just that it takes time and I think that the wood recipe is already balanced. It didn't need to be nerfed like that.

Also, I have found exactly 1 essence berry bush so far. Not a viable source of xp.

I was wrong. Aluminum is fine, Bauxite requires processing in a crusher or enrichment chamber, and won't work in the SAG Mill.

So stronger books don't provide additional wood? Why not use 4 level 1 enchants?

If I had known that the higher level books didn't make a difference that is exactly what I would have done.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure I am familiar with "the TE way"
little fact: did you know that higher Enchantings on the Books increase the Total Number of Magical Wood you get when Crafting?
eitherway... the TE way (Thermal Expansion way)
basicly, you throw a Bookshelf in a Fluid Transposer and pump Liquid XP into it.
doesn't need Gold or Enchanting Books.
easy as that:
8CuivU9.png

i'm not sure... you should have seen this already, i mean i hope you know how to use NEI xD

Last edited:
Reactions: MJRLegends

MJRLegends

Feb 20, 2015
So what line in the config do I change to allow magical wood to be created normally?

Edit: Sorry to those that saw this post, I was upset that I spent the time making level 4 enchanted books to get the most magical wood from the craft only to get one.
Yeah i saw the message And im not changing the config setting in the whole mod pack.

Jeridan

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any suggestions on a setup to create the triple/quadruple compressed cobble for bedrockium besides AE? I tried using the world interaction upgrade crafting mechanic with hyper-rationing pipes but it still isn't fast enough to prevent crafting stone sticks or wall etc.

Edit, jeeze, I forgot about item filters. Works like a charm now.

Last edited:

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone have any suggestions on a setup to create the triple/quadruple compressed cobble for bedrockium besides AE? I tried using the world interaction upgrade crafting mechanic with hyper-rationing pipes but it still isn't fast enough to prevent crafting stone sticks or wall etc.

Edit, jeeze, I forgot about item filters. Works like a charm now.

easy, just use some Resonant Igneous Extruder with 3 Patch size Augments and one Speed. every Extruder only needs 1000mb of Lava and Water to Work forever.

the cobble that they Produce can be pumped into some Crafters from Ender IO using Conduits. make sure that every crafter has a Octactic Capacitor. the end-product (beeing Tripple com. Cobble) can be pumped into a ME System for Bedrockium.

any Questions?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've gone old school with Buildcraft Auto-crafting tables, and setup an engine to only pump out a certain amount so it doesn't over flow the table. They're a bit slow, but they're incredibly cheap, and you can set up a massive line of them for more speed. Plus they'll never craft anything but what you tell them to.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not forcing you. but Pleeeeeaaaassseee, use the Ender IO Item conduits. xD
they don't need Engines, are much faster, don't overflow your Machines and can have Item Filters. you can even set different Channels so that you can transport multiple In/Out's through one Conduit.

next thing you're gonna tell me is that you use a BC Quarry to mine Ores. xD
in that case, i recommend you to get started with Mekanism Energy Production and the Digital Miner...
i would help you to get the most Efficient setup with EVERYTHING. would help if you play on the Official server... just sayin'

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I am at current using: EnderIO item/power/fluid/redstone conduits, TE power conduits, Immersive Engineering wiring. I am using Thermal Expansion energy cells, EnderIO capacitors (First two stages), Mekanism Energy cubes. I'm using dimensional receivers to move power, and Railcraft to move items long distance.

I am using a BC Quarry. I also have a Digital Miner picking out Diamonds and Emeralds with silk touch. And Iron since I ran low.

Efficiency is over-rated.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
xD

good, but what's better.
a Tesseract or the Dimensional Receiver?
i can say one for the Tesseract, it looks Trippy/Awesome.
but you seem to be quite well Equipt anyway! :D

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I like the fact that I have to provide power for the transceiver, and that it can do power, items and fluid, as well as rail teleportation. And all four of them can be across multiple channels. So I don't have to run fluids through main power for example.

Proxy_Player

Jul 29, 2019
Plus for the Tesseract:
-Channels (with Settings. Private, Restricted and Public)
-easy to make (with Ender-lilies and a Alloy smelter)
-Can Transfer an Unlimited amount of RF (Transceiver has a 20k RF/t limit and losses 10%)
-Tesseract doesn't need Power (I'm not sure, does the Transceiver need power to run?)
-Looks Awesome when Active (Sppaaaaaaaacce)

Minus for Tesseract:
-no Item-Filter
-requires atleast 3 machines to make (Alloy Smelter, Fluid Transposer and Magma Crucible)
-is not able to Teleport Minecarts (don't need them anyway)