[1.7.10] Sorcicraft - A Magical Adventure - 0.0.2 [DISCONTINUED]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Should version 0.0.2 have extra utilities and open blocks, but have anything techy disabled?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Yes, but keep some of the tech

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Yes, but only have pipes, tanks, and stuff like that

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Explore the world and find the dungeons. Visit the Twilight Forest and fight its many bosses. Or dare to go to the end, and take on the new challenges that await you there. But fear not, you will be able to learn the art of magic before you venture out, making sure you have a safe way to explore!
Pack code: magic

"Technology is nice, but sometimes it is nice to kick back, flick a wand, and watch as you accidentally destroy half of a village."
Tech mods are becoming plentiful, but there seems to be few mod packs that try and veer away from the hustle and bustle of technology, and instead have just magic... You may argue that Sorcicraft doesn't do that either because Applied Energistics 2 is installed, but that is there so you don't need lots of chests, and so that you have a way of dealing with Thaumcraft a little easier thanks to Thaumic Energistics.

For those of you who want a more techy experience you can check out Machicraft.

Mod List:
Aethercraft
Applied Energistics 2
Automagy
Biomes o' Plenty
Blood Magic
Botania
Carpenter's Blocks
Enchanting Plus
Ender Storage
Forbidden Magic
Hardcore Ender Expansion
JABBA
Journey Map
Magical Crops
Mimicry
Not Enough Items (NEI)
OpenEye
Roguelike Dungeons
Soul Shards Reborn
Thaumcraft
Thaumic Engeristics
Thaumic Tinkerer
Twilight Forest
What Am I Looking At (WAILA)
Witchery

Changelog:
V0.0.2:
Mods Added:
Technomancy
Extra Utilities
Open Blocks
Railcraft
Forestry
Magic Bees

Mods Updated:
Applied Energistics 2
Thaumic Energistics
AutoMagy

Config Changes:
AE2 just needs an initial boost of power, then it will run without power

Known bugs:
Being in creative mode and trying to look through tabs/use search feature will crash your game! USE NEI!

V0.0.1:
Initial release

More info to come :)

Last edited:

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So why do you not have a pack code if you are talking about the next update?
Well, the reason is pretty simple...
I sent off the pack to be verified by the FTB public pack team earlier today, (and haven't got a code back from them yet), and after sending the code off I started to think what the next update should have; better way to power AE (Technomancy).
But also it gives me time to balance stuff, and get ideas from other people, as you can see from the poll, I don't know whether to add everything from extra utils. or not, and having the pack without it may give people time to figure out whether they want it to have everything, or not.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Have ExU Blegh I hate mods like it :p
ExU was just a suggestion, but there needs to be one mod, that I can disable almost everything techy in, that can take RF from the Dynamos added by Technomancy and transfer it into AE (for some reason it won't do it automatically).
Unless of course Algorithm (AE2 mod author) gets back to me, and tells me how to make it so AE2 doesn't need power. As I don't like that the only way to power AE is with a "coal generator" I'd much rather have it powered by magic, or not need power :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, launcher code is now in the OP :)
Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I was out of the house from 10am-midnight... yeah, let's just say that I'm not working there anymore :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
So any idea when the update will be up?
Also have you considered EE3?
I had considered it, but the fact that AetherCraft is more "finished" that EE3 made me choose that over it.
EE3, unless it had a lot of stuff done to it inbetween 1.6.4 and 1.7.10 then it is still to WIP for my liking :/

Hey there, any chance on seeing HQM in this pack in a futur version ?
Yes there is :) Unsure on how to do it though, so it may not be out until V1.0.0+
I dunno whether to do a lore thing (which would be terrible, as I don't pay attention to lore in games :p) or whether to do a "teach the mods" style system :p

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft is one mod that would fit into a magic based pack, since it takes a little more hands on effort and is visually interesting. I really dont like the idea of thaumic energistics and by including it you are throwing in a wild card. Technomancy has been riddled with bugs since its release and I dont think its going to get better.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I second Railcraft; it gives a more steampunk feel to this whole idea. Also, I think Advanced Thaumaturgy, when it is updated, would be great addition to this pack.
In its current version, IIRC, Technomancy *sometimes* gives a mod sorting error loop, for me at least, due to its dependencies on CoFHCore and the like. Also... it just adds interactions with power etc.
ExU was just a suggestion, but there needs to be one mod, that I can disable almost everything techy in, that can take RF from the Dynamos added by Technomancy and transfer it into AE (for some reason it won't do it automatically).
Unless of course Algorithm (AE2 mod author) gets back to me, and tells me how to make it so AE2 doesn't need power. As I don't like that the only way to power AE is with a "coal generator" I'd much rather have it powered by magic, or not need power :p
I'm assuming that you're looking for THIS line
Code:
D:UsageMultiplier=1.0
in AppliedEnergistics2/AppliedEnergistics2.cfg. Just change that 1 to a 0 and you should be set.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I think Advanced Thaumaturgy, when it is updated, would be great addition to this pack.

Technomancy *sometimes* gives a mod sorting error loop, for me at least, due to its dependencies on CoFHCore

I'm assuming that you're looking for THIS line
Code:
D:UsageMultiplier=1.0
in AppliedEnergistics2/AppliedEnergistics2.cfg. Just change that 1 to a 0 and you should be set.
Advanced Thaumaturgy is something I was going to add, until I saw it hadn't been updated :p
I fixed that loop issue with Technomancy, as it needed a file removing from the jar :)
As for the AE2... YOU. ARE. A. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really dont like the idea of thaumic energistics and by including it you are throwing in a wild card..
What do you mean by this? I know it's not a mod for everyone. But it is something I thought sounded great, being able to get rid of having all the ugly warded jars everywhere... big plus in my books :p

Railcraft
Railcraft
RAILCRAFT! Maybe, and maybe Forestry along with Magic Bees... I wanted no tech, but I guess Railcraft isn't tech :p

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by this? I know it's not a mod for everyone. But it is something I thought sounded great, being able to get rid of having all the ugly warded jars everywhere... big plus in my books :p

RAILCRAFT! Maybe, and maybe Forestry along with Magic Bees... I wanted no tech, but I guess Railcraft isn't tech :p

Well, its not something I would personally use because I like the Thaumcraft gameplay just the way it is. But yeah, others might like it so never mind what I said. Railcraft and Forestry though, that sounds like just tech enough to get things done without ruining the magical feel.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, cool. Would you have any objections to me disabling stuff like the boilers and stuff, so that means no steam power?
I think clockwork engines, blood engines, and botanical engines should be the only way to power the stuff that needs RF (MJ, dunno whether Forestry and RC updated to use RF as their power API or not)
I just feel non-magical/manual power sources take away from the magical feel...

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, cool. Would you have any objections to me disabling stuff like the boilers and stuff, so that means no steam power?
I think clockwork engines, blood engines, and botanical engines should be the only way to power the stuff that needs RF (MJ, dunno whether Forestry and RC updated to use RF as their power API or not)
I just feel non-magical/manual power sources take away from the magical feel...

Yes that sounds like a great idea, hands on effort is the way to go. I was going to suggest using minetweaker to change certain EU recipes to require items from one of the magic mods.

Ive always liked Doggy talents, but I never get any use out of it in bloated tech packs. I think it would be perfect since you can give your dogs magical powers after all.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I had never looked into that mod before... It looks pretty cool though :)

As for Extra Utils, I have disabled all the generators (I may enable the potion and nether star ones, dunno yet) and a couple of other things which I don't think should be in a magic pack. But other than that, so far, everything is bravely default :p
The Blood Altar will start to be used more for recipes e.g. Chest in a blood altar = transfer node (items) <- in a blood alter = TN (liquids) <- in a blood altar = TN (Energy) etc.
I am trying the revolve the pack around Blood Magic and Thaumcraft sorta making them the 2 mods the player REALLY wants to get into, Blood Magic to acquire a lot of the items, Thaumcraft to do a load of cool stuff... Double ores? Well... you may want some Thaumcraft... until you get started with Aethercraft (another "big" mod, although it may be giving harder recipes, to prevent it being used early game)

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to look into Magic Bees as well; I know the author has recently updated his builds for TC version 4.2.