[1.7.10] Sorcicraft - A Magical Adventure - 0.0.2 [DISCONTINUED]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Should version 0.0.2 have extra utilities and open blocks, but have anything techy disabled?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Yes, but keep some of the tech

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Yes, but only have pipes, tanks, and stuff like that

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
metallurgy might be cool to add
As cool as Metallurgy is, it is one of those hit/miss mods, as I know a bunch of people who like it, but an equal amount who hate it with a burning passion.
Mods like Railcraft you can avoid if you don't like it, but stuff like Metallurgy you cannot avoid, and mods that add a bunch of (to some people) useless stuff really annoys them :/

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you should add Inventory tweak (the mod to sort item in chest/inventory) it's really usefull

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I haven't been updating the changelog for 0.0.2 as I have been testing, just because I am still sorting out balanced recipes, and I will add recipes to the list too... but I added inventory tweaks as soon as I started to test out the technomancy/AE2 compat. :)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Yeah, I haven't been updating the changelog for 0.0.2 as I have been testing, just because I am still sorting out balanced recipes, and I will add recipes to the list too... but I added inventory tweaks as soon as I started to test out the technomancy/AE2 compat. :)
Blood Dynamos?

Wait, I already made that joke, didn't I?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Simple answer ASAP... More extended answer, as soon as I can sort out the Mixicraft server, and a few other things that I have to do on the outernet (real world)... The server host is causing me stress as I have been fighting with it for a few days now, trying to get it to work :/
I'm just going to test out RailCraft and Forestry, make sure some things are disabled, etc. And then it'll be out... I will aim to get it off to the FTB team (to be uploaded) by Wednesday :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Some should be, it depends what it is?

Also, a note for everyone, I am submitting V0.0.2 of the pack as we speak, see the changelog for full detail including an unfixable bug (just for those in creative mode, so not really too bad, there is a simple workaround, so it's all good)

mbbkraft

Jul 29, 2019
The ME Drive by example.
I didnt inspected all the recipe but i liked the idea to have a massive storage thing just to avoid chest mass clicking now i'm not sure anymore if i will be able to do it or not by seeing that i cant craft some of AE2 things

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
After tinkering around with configs for a while*, I can't seem to get anything to be craftable. BUT DON'T WORRY! I will be spending some time this weekend adding blood altar recipes, and AE2 will be getting some then. Until then, if you really want it, then I don't see anything wrong with spawning in the items (and deleting what is required to play them).

*this along with the fact that I spent 20 minutes trawling through the AE website's bug tracker (which is slow) is the reason I took so long to reply. Sorry :(

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
No problem ^^ i can wait :)
Ok cool :) Well you will be able to mess around with 0.0.2 soon, depending on how long it takes for the update to go through. And by the time you have exhausted that (maybe find a way to power your base off of blood or flower power or something) I should have at least got the AE2 crafting recipes sorted, I'm gonna make them a priority, because they really are needed :p

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
You can add BetterStorage for blast resistance chest.

Mods for a better HUD (ArmorStatus, StatusEffect, ...).

Necromancy is good too for playing with body parts :p

Ars Magica 2, Grimoire of Gaia 2, ...

More visualy : Dynamic lights.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You can add BetterStorage for blast resistance chest.

Mods for a better HUD (ArmorStatus, StatusEffect, ...).

Necromancy is good too for playing with body parts :p

Ars Magica 2, Grimoire of Gaia 2, ...

More visualy : Dynamic lights.

I will never add dynamic lights, especially to a smaller pack like this, so that people can just load up the game and play. If you want it, then you can add it, not gonna change my view on that.
I wanted AM2, but that doesn't work with 1.7.10 (last time I checked), I have never heard of Grimoire of Gaia, but more mobs doesn't sound THAT interesting (just a quick look over the forum thread)
Same with Necromancy, not looked at it :p
As for ArmourStatus, etc. I like them, but some people don't. I may add some, such as StatusEffects in 0.0.3, but I am not gonna promise anything

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Grimoire of Gaïa add new mod that make modded minecraft a bit challenging.

Problem with modded minecraft is when you've a powerful armor/weapon the game is too easy.

Infernal mobs make this too but is more like Diablo 3.

Special mobs have features like life steal, teleport, throw fireball,...

Envoyé de mon LG-D802 en utilisant Tapatalk