[1.7.10] Shattered

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
So they're coming in then? That would be great *nods alot*
Can live with crafting one of these chunk loaders :D (so no need to cheat in the anchors anymore)

And well in an ideal world everything would be boring... so I guess we're better not living in one and have to deal with chunk loaders *grins brightly*
Yep, they are added. Removed the recipe for the Lootbags recycler, reduced drop rate of lootbags from mobs, added various new items to rubble piles, including lootbags, fixed yeta wrench recipe.
That should make lootbags a possible nice bonus if you get one, just like if you explore and get lucky with world gen and find a tech ruin.

While I'm at it, I'm going to double check the thermal recycling scrap boxes, see what you can get from those, just to check they won't spoil progression.

Edit: Well, good job I have a development test build, totally screwed my test world by getting an item ID wrong. Got one in my inventory which now crashes MC when I try to view the inventory :p Whoopsie!

Last edited:

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
@Golrith btw in case I have not said it to date tnx for all the time & effort, & for the cool calm way your taking all critic, I know is not possible to please every one but your giving it a fair go :).

Great work, now get this completed asap & start the 1.11 version lol.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
@Golrith btw in case I have not said it to date tnx for all the time & effort, & for the cool calm way your taking all critic, I know is not possible to please every one but your giving it a fair go :).

Great work, now get this completed asap & start the 1.11 version lol.
Not a problem, all the feedback has been very positive and constructive, helping to find odd mod interactions or small oversights. It all makes the pack better for everyone. Thanks guys!

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... the nether sure is scary now. I remember why I hate the nether-part of natura, all these spiders and firebats and nitrocreepers *shivers*
And my portal of course spawned at the edge to a long fall into lava and other side soulsand and these ash-blocks where you move slow on. Lucky no ghast awaited me, heh.

---

While working more with the metal-block making and so I noticed a few things:
- At the moment the only way to revert Blocks of metal down to ingots again seems the smeltery (in some cases the SAG mill, but since it's disabled, no worries there).
As suggestion, seen on the few SAG mill recipes: throwing a block of metal into the crusher brings it down to 9 dust again.

- Not sure if this can be changed: Signalum, Luminum and Enderium gears are only craftable using the smeltery. Probably cause they don't have a "plate" recipe. Nothing big, but seen that the rest of the gates can be crafted with the metal-press, I wanted to mention them, since they fall out of the gear-crafting-mechanic so far.

- It would be amazing if the "Nugget -> Ingot", "Ingot -> Block of metal" recipes could be added to the mekanism energized smelter, too.
I must say this request is a bit selfish, since for automating the agricraft plants you pretty much need one furnace per flower (since everything that is not a multiply of 9 of nuggets will block the furnace). And I kinda like the way to upgrade mekanism-machines more than TE machines, heh.

Especially since the redstone-furnaces have a quiet weird behaviour with these crafting recipes at the moment:
- Whenever you have less then 9 nuggets/ingots in the furnace - so it cannot complete the recipe for ingot/block - it still burns all the way too 100% (or maybe just 99%) and as soon as you put in the missing items to complete the recipe it instantely is finished.
Problem with this is: in the time the furnace burns it eats it's power-usage all the time. So seen on automated plant-fields, and how many furnaces you need for directly making ingots, it pretty much means that you have a constant power-drain on your system. Which can get quiet high, even more when you upgrade the furnaces.
(of course no idea if mekanism smelters would have the same issue then)

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's an interesting find about TE. It might just be an unexpected side effect of using MT on blocks that only expect 1 input material.

I'll look into those requests. Due to the way the scripts are written, if it works on one resource, it's a simple copy and paste and it'll work instantly on all the other resources.
I do also agree though, once your tech progresses enough, the tinkers smeltery should be made obsolete for blocks and gears.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
As additional idea - just came into my mind when you spoke about tech-progression:
- Instead of the IE crusher the recipe for grinding down Blocks of Metal into dust could be made a Mekanism-Crusher recipe.
Pretty much "The higher tech in the mekanism crusher is better at making the fine work of grinding down a block to useable ressources" or so the thought. The IE crusher is too rough for this task.
This way the smeltery wouldn't be too early out of the game for such tasks.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
As additional idea - just came into my mind when you spoke about tech-progression:
- Instead of the IE crusher the recipe for grinding down Blocks of Metal into dust could be made a Mekanism-Crusher recipe.
Pretty much "The higher tech in the mekanism crusher is better at making the fine work of grinding down a block to useable ressources" or so the thought. The IE crusher is too rough for this task.
This way the smeltery wouldn't be too early out of the game for such tasks.
I'm going to have both, but make the IE crusher a lossy recipe, so if you really don't want to use the smeltry it'll cost you some resources.

Reactions: Nezraddin

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Following on, that feature is now implemented. I know why I didn't do it originally, the energy smeltery recipes do not appear in NEI, so I didn't think it worked. But 9 iron nuggets turned into a Iron Bar, and, it didn't start cooking until all 9 nuggets were present.
Mek can now do what TE does, but more efficiently. Perfect for the progression curve.

I'll look at adding Signalum, Luminum and Enderium plates and gear recipes from them. Needs some texture work which I'll do tomorrow.

Speaking of texures, I discovered an update to John Smith that's not on the official website (seems JS texture hosting has turned into a mess) so I've updated a lot of mod texures from default 16x to 32x. IE Multiblocks look even more amazing now.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
*cheers*
Happy that my thoughts are not completly out of bounds :]

You really put a lot of work into it with adding extra textures. Slowly I get used to most of them and think everything looks nice so far :)

And I just can play copycat with egor66:
Thanks alot for your time and effort, really an interessting path I go in this pack so far.
And that after I almost closed the case with trying new 1.7.10 modpacks and waiting for 1.10+ ones. Lucky and happy that my mind didn't play along with this plan *grins*

[edit]
My status so far:
Finally found myself netherwarts. Now began to raise them to max stats and then creating a few more plants. So back to agricrafting for a while. *smirks*

Last edited:
Reactions: egor66 and Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've found a small bug/issue regarding the mek engergised smelteries.

The MT changes don't kick in when you first load. You have to force a /mt reload, will get some errors in the chat, but it all will then work perfectly. Bit annoying, especially if you forget. Best to build in a backstuff solution to ensure no resources get wasted if you do forget.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how difficult that is - only saw it once, not good with coding or so - but maybe a little reminding welcome message about the /mt reload when you start the modpack would be helpful then. (so there where often mods put in their "Upgrade me"-messages, in the chat)

Sad that mekanism plays stubborn with the tweaks. Lucky I had such an issue on a server already... in the end I had like 20 signs all around my base telling me to remember using the command *laughs* So won't be too bad for me to adapt.

---

Almost finished with my agricrafting now, only the thaumcraft plants missing... and I'm not really sure if I will start big into thaumcraft. (just done it too often in the course of 1.7.10) Probably a later fun project for me. (Unless I notice later I have to kill alot of withers, then I will totally go for the focus of warding)

My base still not runs... working on getting the forestry farms to go now, that I can start making bio diesel at some point. Phew really takes longer than I expected, so many little things to work around. I totally need to find ways later to automate a few crafting things, heh.

---

[edit]
Was wondering:
When Thermal Expansion and Mekanism make problems with recipes that smelt several items into one new one. A solution might be making a "in between" item. So you take 9 nuggets, craft these into the in-between item and then smelt this one item.
Though of course would need alot of new items to implement. Just throwing in this idea since it might be a way around the weird behaviour of the furnace/smelter. *ducks away from an evil glare*

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Not sure how difficult that is - only saw it once, not good with coding or so - but maybe a little reminding welcome message about the /mt reload when you start the modpack would be helpful then. (so there where often mods put in their "Upgrade me"-messages, in the chat)

Sad that mekanism plays stubborn with the tweaks. Lucky I had such an issue on a server already... in the end I had like 20 signs all around my base telling me to remember using the command *laughs* So won't be too bad for me to adapt.

---

Almost finished with my agricrafting now, only the thaumcraft plants missing... and I'm not really sure if I will start big into thaumcraft. (just done it too often in the course of 1.7.10) Probably a later fun project for me. (Unless I notice later I have to kill alot of withers, then I will totally go for the focus of warding)

My base still not runs... working on getting the forestry farms to go now, that I can start making bio diesel at some point. Phew really takes longer than I expected, so many little things to work around. I totally need to find ways later to automate a few crafting things, heh.

---

[edit]
Was wondering:
When Thermal Expansion and Mekanism make problems with recipes that smelt several items into one new one. A solution might be making a "in between" item. So you take 9 nuggets, craft these into the in-between item and then smelt this one item.
Though of course would need alot of new items to implement. Just throwing in this idea since it might be a way around the weird behaviour of the furnace/smelter. *ducks away from an evil glare*
Hmm. I could make it that 9 nuggets makes one of those large lumps of metal you get early game from vanilla furnaces, which then is smelted to a ingot. Means you have to have a series of crafters instead of furnaces. No new objects, just changing the scripts/recipes.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. I could make it that 9 nuggets makes one of those large lumps of metal you get early game from vanilla furnaces, which then is smelted to a ingot. Means you have to have a series of crafters instead of furnaces. No new objects, just changing the scripts/recipes.

Seeing the lump of metal in NEI actually gave me the idea for posting this, hehe. Didn't want to mention them directly since I didn't know if the "Redstone furnace and better for changing nuggets/ingots/blocks" was part of the progression.
But I agree that in the end people might use vanilla furnaces in the beginning but later will switch to mod-ones anyways, if they're pushed to them or not.

Would leave the "ingots to blocks" recipe. First thought would be some kind of "Huge lump of metal" made form 9 ingots which then needs the heat of a mod-furnace to be smelted into the block. But well I'm just a player, so I have no idea how difficult it is to actually bring such things into the game.
*mumbles* i have always the easy part, just throwing ideas in. ^^"

[edit]

Another lil exploit discovered:
You can smelt "Gears" into 4 ingots or use the pulverizer to get 4 dust out of it.
But with the mechanic of the metal-press you turn 1 ingot into 1 gear.

Is it actually okay to report them here or better in a private message then?

Last edited:
Reactions: Golrith

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Seeing the lump of metal in NEI actually gave me the idea for posting this, hehe. Didn't want to mention them directly since I didn't know if the "Redstone furnace and better for changing nuggets/ingots/blocks" was part of the progression.
But I agree that in the end people might use vanilla furnaces in the beginning but later will switch to mod-ones anyways, if they're pushed to them or not.

Would leave the "ingots to blocks" recipe. First thought would be some kind of "Huge lump of metal" made form 9 ingots which then needs the heat of a mod-furnace to be smelted into the block. But well I'm just a player, so I have no idea how difficult it is to actually bring such things into the game.
*mumbles* i have always the easy part, just throwing ideas in. ^^"

[edit]

Another lil exploit discovered:
You can smelt "Gears" into 4 ingots or use the pulverizer to get 4 dust out of it.
But with the mechanic of the metal-press you turn 1 ingot into 1 gear.

Is it actually okay to report them here or better in a private message then?
It's fine to report issues here. They will quickly get fixed. I don't care if someone exploits it, it's their personal gameplay they are "spoiling".

I'll remove the smelt/pulv options. No doubt the tinkers smeltery does the same too. If you make a gear you don't need, well, tough... :p

I won't touch the ingot to block recipe. It's not often you need blocks of something, and you'll most likely sort that out manually, or AE to control that. Nuggets to Ingots though needs to be better without having to manually type in commands. Those lumps of metal are just early game vanilla furnace inefficient smelting, so doesn't hurt to have them serve a dual purpose.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
True, mainly needed the blocks so far for growing my agricraft ressource plants.

And phew... finally got my lil peat-farm started with automation for making new bog earth and burning the peat for a lil energy.
Though have to say the plan of using a smallest size farm with 1/4 for agricraft wheat (for making mulch for bog earth) backfired a bit. Last time I used a medium sized, 100% peat farm and that actually gave me better results in getting the energy for running my three farms.
(usually using a small wheat farm, and two medium sized farms for peat and trees, but they're taking so much space and with the two farms for Immersive Engineering that would be 5 forestry farms... which would be a bit too much for getting some changes in what I do)

So... I could increase the farm size, but I probably will just add some of the thermoelectric generators to boost the power for the farms and let the peat farm run more for the looks. Maybe overworking it to a bigger size once I have progressed a bit more and got some parts which made the automation quiet difficult at the moment, heh.

So project peat-farm kinda finished, for now. Now some mean way of adding thermoelectric generators so I can finally begin a lil progression at the rest of the base again. The last few playsessions totally went into making everything for the automation.

I still think, seen on that pretty much every agricraft-farming makes a single forestry farm like 4x (or more cause of faster growth) stronger than normal, my two farms for making IE-biodiesel will be totally overkill. I might be wrong... will see in the near future. Need a break from the peat-farm and progress a lil bit again. x.x

Last edited:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Nice. Did you happen to find any natural bog/peat in the world?

Just wondering, has anyone done anything with Bitumen Sand?

Plus, does anyone feel that there are any Shaped recipes (i.e. the standard 3x3) that would fit the theme better by being craftable in some other way? (Such as the machine casings needing a carpenter). I want to give the player as much reason to use the various machine blocks without being a chore.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I've been saving bitumen sand assuming I'd need it at some point along the line to make rocket fuel.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I've been saving bitumen sand assuming I'd need it at some point along the line to make rocket fuel.
Ah. No. It's an alternative to Buildcraft oil (as with the skyland world gen, the oil doesn't generate).
AR rocket fuel is water, a few new machines, and power.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
I found a few spots of bog/peat on my island. But actually only got me one for testing the water-range. And then noticed that using the "managed" peat farm is horribly inefficient, cause it puts far more water than the bog actually needs.

Nothing done yet with bitumen, but I'm a bit careful with it, too. I'm always overcareful when it comes to using limited ressources like Oil, cause I don't know where I might need them later.
Always hoping of course, that in worst case you can take the biodiesel of IE or ethanol of forestry as substitute for fuel, but at the moment the two stacks I collected to far are staying in the chest.

About recipes and change their crafting-place:
So far I thought it was a nice mix of normal crafting table recipes and machines I needed to use. Used mainly forestry and thermal expansion so far and it was totally fine this way. Oh and transfernodes which made me use a little laser-setup to make the redstone chipsets.

[edit]
Ah your posting just came when I clicked on sending mine *chuckles*

So I guess I could have used it early on for getting a bit of power. But that would only be starting power for me anyways. Usually I build on power systems that work with renewable ressources (biodiesel, ethanol, peat), so guess I'm past the point of really needing to use bitumen then.
Might add it as little "Backup power" at some corner of my base, to at least have used it. (nothing worse for me than completly ignoring an added mechanic, heh)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Small teaser:

2016-12-18_15.46.56.png

Reactions: Nezraddin