[1.7.10] RusticCraft

Abecedarius

Jul 29, 2019
I got through all the non-warped knowledge without having to make a deconstruction table or creating things for the sake of research, so I think the minigames are a good way to gate the later-game stuff. And yeah, I agree with you on it being more a tinkerable thing than an industrial ore-eating machine. Thanks for the clarification!

EDIT: Do you think there will ever be a way to add back the Hungry chest, even though it's in the Golemancy tab? If not, there's always Hopper Ducts, so no worries.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think there will ever be a way to add back the Hungry chest, even though it's in the Golemancy tab? If not, there's always Hopper Ducts, so no worries.

It may be possible to shift the Hungry Chest to the Artifice tab before deleting the Golemancy tab. I can't find the command to do so in the ModTweaker wiki though, so I'll have to experiment with the script in-game to get it working, if it's even possible to begin with.

Reactions: Abecedarius

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a server up for this pack? I like the idea, but also like to play minecraft with other players around a bit.

I've been playing on a server, but the other players all stopped logging in. I had a talk with the server owner and he agreed to add more people to the Whitelist.
Apply here!

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
You asked about the Thaumcraft changes, specifically the hard-mode research. Though I've played with Thaumcraft before, I'd not played with 4 until this pack and I've never gotten quite so far as I have this time around. (Usually spending too much time on engines and fuel sources and huge tree farms -- so thanks for the minimal automation.)

I had read about the instant-research but had forgotten it existed, honestly. The hard mode works just fine. I've managed to get all of the non-tainted researches so far without much issue. There are enough mod added things and ways of getting research bonus points that it has rarely been any kind of problem, and never an unworkable one, to get enough research points.

As a side note, though, we've (I've) re-enabled the golem tab. I did it initially for the traveling trunk and hungry chest, but unable to resist the lure of the golems, I've been playing with them. For me, their fun and whimsy outweighs any perceived power of automation. I'm probably "doing it wrong" and that's why they don't seem so powerful, but really, it doesn't seem like it gives much of an edge for automation over the little bit we already have through vanilla mechanics, extra utilities, or any of the other odds and ends bits. Then again, I haven't built an army -- just a handful of little buddies to run around and keep me company.

AnonTheMouse

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been mentioned, yet, but right now, WAILA is IDing "Stone Monster Egg" as such. I know you're not going for anything super hardcore, but that probably defeats the purpose of silverfish being able to hide. Personally, I think WAILA gives a bit too much information either way, but I know there is a way to have it not do that, since Magic Farm 2 keeps it hidden.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if this has been mentioned, yet, but right now, WAILA is IDing "Stone Monster Egg" as such. I know you're not going for anything super hardcore, but that probably defeats the purpose of silverfish being able to hide. Personally, I think WAILA gives a bit too much information either way, but I know there is a way to have it not do that, since Magic Farm 2 keeps it hidden.

I'm aware, but I'm having trouble disabling it. The config option if present in both WAILA and Deadly Worlds, so I think they may be conflicting. Hopefully I can sort it out in the next update.

atheist666

Jul 29, 2019
You asked about the Thaumcraft changes, specifically the hard-mode research. Though I've played with Thaumcraft before, I'd not played with 4 until this pack and I've never gotten quite so far as I have this time around. (Usually spending too much time on engines and fuel sources and huge tree farms -- so thanks for the minimal automation.)

I had read about the instant-research but had forgotten it existed, honestly. The hard mode works just fine. I've managed to get all of the non-tainted researches so far without much issue. There are enough mod added things and ways of getting research bonus points that it has rarely been any kind of problem, and never an unworkable one, to get enough research points.

As a side note, though, we've (I've) re-enabled the golem tab. I did it initially for the traveling trunk and hungry chest, but unable to resist the lure of the golems, I've been playing with them. For me, their fun and whimsy outweighs any perceived power of automation. I'm probably "doing it wrong" and that's why they don't seem so powerful, but really, it doesn't seem like it gives much of an edge for automation over the little bit we already have through vanilla mechanics, extra utilities, or any of the other odds and ends bits. Then again, I haven't built an army -- just a handful of little buddies to run around and keep me company.
how did you do that?

atheist666

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't actually do it. The friend admining the server did. There's some file in there with lines for what's locked out. He said it was pretty clear what needed to be changed/removed.
well i didn't see it.
oh well great mod pack anyway

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
well i didn't see it.
oh well great mod pack anyway

If you're looking for the MineTweaker scripts, they're in /minecraft/scripts. If you change them, be sure to backup your changes when updating. I don't know exactly how the FTB Launcher handles those files.
Documentation can be found on the MineTweaker and ModTweaker wikis. The changes included in RusticCraft are very basic, you should be able to figure out what does what easily.

bounding star

Jul 29, 2019
HQM wouldn't force you to do the quests, but rather help people learn some of the mods and give an objective base to the pack
i think not having an objective in this particular pack is good, but hqm could be set up more like an optional tutorial for some of the less intuitive mods that finishes up after it gives you a basic idea of what to do. I don't know how much work that would be for Havanacus though. if i recall correctly theres some ender book mod thingy that adds some underlying objectives too.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
HQM isn't going to happen mostly because I've moved on. I've been playing with Gregtech plus some other mods recently. I put RusticCraft together mostly for myself and uploaded it as a Public Pack because there were no similar packs on the launcher.

I get email notifications for posts here, and I read everything. If any serious bugs come up I'll fix them and maybe someday I'll take a weekend to update everything to the latest version.

My biggest regret in making this pack is not including Yampst. I have no idea how many people have played or are still playing this pack.