[1.7.10] RusticCraft

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
SfuqiH8.png

A breath of fresh Minecraft
Important notes:
  • To begin playing RusticCraft, enter the code "RusticCraft" in the FTB launcher.
  • Do not click on a Statue with the hammer used to make Statues.
  • If anybody is interested in creating a better Icon and Splash, I welcome all attempts.
What is RusticCraft?
RusticCraft is a modpack designed to provide the modded Minecraft experience while staying as close as possible to the vanilla Minecraft aesthetic. This is not a variation of the "Vanilla Plus" modpack idea; the mods included in RusticCraft include huge expansions and changes to Minecraft's four major gameplay mechanics which I've identified as Adventure, Building, Surviving, and Tinkering.
Adventure
RusticCraft includes no jetpacks and no super armor. This means that when you explore the dungeons and dimensions added by these mods, you do so more or less as their authors intended.
Biomes 'o Plenty adds biomes and a Sky dimension.
Twilight Forest adds a busy forest dimension teaming with dungeons and bosses. A recent update added a progression system that requires you to defeat certain bosses to access certain areas.
Hardcore Ender Expansion completely overhauls the End with more intelligent Dragon and randomly generated islands. It's in-game guide can be accessed by pressing P.
Mariculture adds deep ocean content and the means to suit-up and explore it.
ExtraUtilities adds the Deep Dark, a dimension where light is vital to survival.​
Build
RusticCraft includes so many aesthetic blocks and items, even the most uncreative and inexperienced Builders can put together something good looking.
Carpenter's Blocks includes slopes as well as a variety of customizable blocks, doors, fences, etc.
Chisel adds a variety of alternate textures for most of the blocks in the game.
Statues adds statues which can be modeled after other players and placed in custom poses.
MrCrayfish's Furniture mod provides a long list of furniture for you to clutter your house with.
BiblioCraft adds additional furniture, some of which are very functional.
Malisis Doors provides several new door types as well as making all double-doors work together.​
Survive
The survival mods included in RusticCraft are configured to provide enough challenge to keep the player engaged and on their toes, but not so much to create a punishing environment that might frustrate players not looking for a Hardcore experience.
Harvestcraft adds a cornucopia of food for the player to farm and cook.
Spice of Life adds diminishing returns to food to encourage players to actually collect and prepare the food provided by Harvestcraft.
HungerOverhaul allows all crops to be harvested by right-clicking, allows health to regen as long as hunger is above 3 bars, halves the growth rate of crops without sun, and decreases the speed the hunger drops.
DeadlyWorld provides dangers scattered around the Overworld, not common but just enough to keep you on your toes while caving.​
Tinker
Though limited by the need to remain true to Minecraft's original aesthetics, RusticCraft includes several mods that appeal to tinkers. This limitation could prove to inspire builds that lie somewhere between the redstone contraptions of Vanilla and the automated systems of Tech mods.
ProjectRed provides advanced redstone wire and circuits that should allow even players inexperienced with redstone mechanics access to fun builds.
Railcraft hugely expands Minecraft's cart system with new tracks, signals, and trains.
Mariculture adds many machines and tools for processing materials and exploring the deep ocean.
Tinkers Construct adds Tinker's Tools which are indestructible, infinity repairable, and upgradable. Vanilla tools are unusable. Iguana's Tinker Tweaks is used to disable the ability to add modifiers to tools. Instead, modifiers are added semi-randomly as players use their tools. This creates an effect somewhat like the Vanilla Enchanting system, where really good tools are hard to come by and treasured when they are.
Thaumcraft adds magical blocks and items to be researches, constructed, and used.
Witchery adds nature themed magic that fits very well with Minecraft thematically.
What RusticCraft is Not:
RusticCraft is not a Tech modpack. There is no automated Mining and no jetpacks. For the most part, things must be done manually. Clever people may create automated contraptions using redstone and pistons, but in the nature of these things building then will probably take more time then they save.
RusticCraft is not a Hardcore Survival modpack. Though it contains many of the same mods that a Hardcore Survival pack would, in this pack they are configured to help the player just as much as they hinder them. The challenges in this mod may kill you, but then they'll help you back to you feet and dust you off.
Gameplay Info:
Vanilla Tools can not be used. Tools from Tinker's Construct must be used instead. Tinker's Tools are indestructible and do not despawn. They can be repaired in any crafting window, and parts can be replaced in a Tool Station as long as the Tool is fully repaired. Flint is a good starting material, check the tooltip of stencils for other options.
Iguana's Tinker Tweaks is configured to remove the ability to add modifiers. Tool Modifiers are added semi-randomly as a Tool is used. Using Tools in certain ways increases the odds of certain modifiers being added, up to 50%.
DeadlyWorlds adds dangerous surprises to caves. Don't rage-quit if you fall victim to an unfair death. An OpenBlocks grave will be waiting for you where you died.
Harvestcraft foods are not found in grass. Instead, they are now found in Gardens of various types. Breaking these gardens gives you several food items which can be planted instead of seeds. Gardens spread slowly over time, so leave some behind.
Spice of Life takes effect after you've eaten 24 food items. Make that time count and build a farm. Save inventory space by crafting a Lunch Bag or Lunch Box to hold your food.
Hardcore Ender Expansion has a menu that can be accessed by pressing the P key.
Mod List:
Changelog:
-Obsidian mining level
-Added ThaumicNEI
-Fixed Forge Multipart crash
-Forge 1230

Updated all mods
Fixed Mariculture + Hunger Overhaul crash
Updated to Forge 1226

Added:
-InpureCore

Updates:
-Bibliowoods
-Gravestone
-Railcraft
-OpenBlocks
-Spice of Life
-Twilight Forest
-Witchery
Added:
-AppleCore
-Hunger Overhaul
-Biomes 'o Plenty
-Bibliowoods BoP
MineTweaker:
-Removed NoOreFurnace script (broke Autosmelt)
Tinkers:
-Set Smeltery Ore to Ingot rate to 2.
Natura:
-Disabled Cotton
-Disabled Barley

Server Files fixed

Updates:
-TicTooltips
-Carpenter's Blocks
-NEI Plugins
Iguana TiC Tweaks:
-Disabled Material Speed override (bugged again)

General:
-Server actually actually works.
Added:
-Tinker's Steelworks
MineTweaker:
-Made Metal Nuggets/Ingots/Blocks all convert to Tinker's Metals
Tinkers/Iguana Tweaks:
-Updated both
-Enabled Material Speed override

1.1.1:
General:
-Server actually works
-Disabled Tinkers Copper Gen
-Enabled Mariculture Copper Gen
-Disabled Mariculture Bauxite Gen
Added:
-Morpheus
Removed:
-Minecraft Loader (severe FPS lag)
Tinkers:
-Added Wood as valid handguard material
-Removed Stone as valid handguard material
Spice of Life:
-Disabled spawning with the Food Diary (server crash)
Gravestone:
-Disabled random worldgen graves

1.1.0:
Added:
-Hardcore Ender Expansion
-Gravestone Mod
-MinecraftLoader
-ModTweaker
-Storage Drawers
-GrowthCraft!
Removed:
-Bibliowoods BoP
-ATG
Updated:
-Artifice 1.1.4-294 --> 1.1.4-296
-Baubles 1.0.1.7 --> 1.0.1.8
-Bibliocraft 1.7.5 -- 1.8.1
-Carpenter's Blocks 3.2.7 --> 3.2.8
-Railcraft 9.2.2.0 --> 9.3.1.0
-Waila 1.5.3a --> 1.5.4a
Spice of Life:
-Disabled "food history length based of hunger restored"
-Food History Length is now 12 foods, no matter the quality.
-Disabled Food History being wiped on death.
-Doubled New Player Threachold to 24.
Iguana Tinker's Tweaks:
-Disabled Paper Toolparts
-Disabled Thaumium Toolparts
-Raised max level by one.
-Stone toolparts are no longer usable
-Disabled Flint recipe/Restored flint drops
ExtraUtilities:
-Disabled EnderLilies
-Disabled Peaceful Table
-Disabled Destruction Pickaxe
-Disabled Erosion Shovel
-Disabled Etheric Sword
Thaumcraft:
-MineTweaker'ed away Golems Branch
-MineTweaker'ed away Thaumostatic Harness

1.0.3:
Added:
-FastLeafDecay
-ATG
-MineTweaker
-Antique Atlas
-Natura
-Bibliowoods Natura
Removed:
-RandomThings
-TooMuchLoot
-Biomes 'o Plenty
Updated:
-Iguana Tweaks

ATG:
-0,0 is always Temperate climate
ExtraUtilities:
-Disabled Angel Ring
Thaumcraft:
-Changed research difficulty to Hard
Tinker's Construct:
-Disabled Ore Doubling.
MineTweaker:
-Removed Ore recipies from furnace.

1.0.2:
MalisisDoors:
-added
MalisisCore:
-added

1.0.1:
IguanaTinkerTweaks:
-set disableStoneTools=false because flint sword is not a thing.
Artifice:
-Lowered Marble/Basalt/Limestone generation to prevent black/brown bloches in certain rocky biomes.
DeadlyWorld:
-Roughly halved generation of all traps.
Significant Config Changes:
Tinkers/Iguana Tweaks:
-Non-Tinker's Tools are not functional except for tools with special functions such as those added by Thaumcraft.
-Harvestlevel module disabled.
-No free modifiers. Random modifiers from leveling up is all you get.
-Repair modifier is disabled. Oh no, you actually have to spend tiny amounts of metal to repair your tools.​
Extra Utilities:
-Disabled Ender Quarry
-Disabled EnderThermic Pump
-Disabled x8 and x16 generators
-Disabled EnderLilies
-Disabled Peaceful Table
-Disabled Destruction Pickaxe
-Disabled Erosion Shovel
-Disabled Etheric Sword​
Deadly World:
-Generation for all traps etc are lowered to about 50% default.​

Last edited:

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Three mods I would suggest adding would be Botania: cool aesthetic stuff and also just a cool mod. And also Extra Utilities and Mekanism add cool technology and infrastrucure stuff.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Three mods I would suggest adding would be Botania: cool aesthetic stuff and also just a cool mod. And also Extra Utilities and Mekanism add cool technology and infrastrucure stuff.
Extra Utilities is included.
Mekanism doesn't fit the theme or balance of the modpack. At all.
Botania, I haven't had a chance to play with yet. From what I've read, it allows some form of automation which is something I'm looking to avoid in RusticCraft.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
I havent seen much automation in how ive used botania but then again i use it mostly because it looks nice :p

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
I havent seen much automation in how ive used botania but then again i use it mostly because it looks nice :p
I've been avoiding watching videos cause it's such a slow way to learn about a mod. Seeing as there's next to no text-based documentation, I'll go ahead and watch some videos and consider it.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Sweet pack I like the idea, not too many people have done this sort of thing. If you decide on getting rid of biomes o plenty, the ATG mod is really nice and I think it stays true to the Minecraft feel of things.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...mods/1291067-atg-alternate-terrain-generation
I've used ATG once before, I have mixed feelings on the effect is achieves. It has been one or two major Minecraft versions since I've looked at it though, so I'll generate a few worlds and have a feel. It is very important though that Harvestcraft Gardens can generate. That's the reason I'm considering removing BoP, Gardens were only generating in vanilla biomes which can be deadly and frustrating because of the Spice of Life mod.

ToasterTech

Jul 29, 2019
I've used ATG once before, I have mixed feelings on the effect is achieves. It has been one or two major Minecraft versions since I've looked at it though, so I'll generate a few worlds and have a feel. It is very important though that Harvestcraft Gardens can generate. That's the reason I'm considering removing BoP, Gardens were only generating in vanilla biomes which can be deadly and frustrating because of the Spice of Life mod.
Ahh I see. Well I've used ATG in the past and I think it's come a long way. If the harvestcraft gardens only spawn in vanilla biomes then I don't think there would be a problem as ATG has many more improved vanilla biomes rather than custom ones but I don't know everything :p
Good luck with the pack :)

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh I see. Well I've used ATG in the past and I think it's come a long way. If the harvestcraft gardens only spawn in vanilla biomes then I don't think there would be a problem as ATG has many more improved vanilla biomes rather than custom ones but I don't know everything :p
Good luck with the pack :)
Yeah, I probably will replace BoP with ATG. The gardens generate fine because ATG changes how biomes generate rather then adding new ones. I will have to fix a conflict that has Twilight Forest biomes generating in the Overworld, but that should be easy enough.
I probably won't use ATG myself, but it's perfectly optional so there's no reason not to include it.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Someone should set up a server for this because this pack is pretty awesome from what ive played
I'll include a Server download in a few days when we move out of Beta. I don't recommend starting one until then, I've already removed Biomes 'o Plenty from my Testing version and even if you don't use it's biomes it generates little plants and whatnots in vanilla biomes.

mortamour

Jul 29, 2019
Very excited to try this pack. I was just thinking that we needed something less automated and more focused on the basic minecraft experience. Now I don't have to futz with my own pack. Happy to see Chisel and Carpenters Blocks. Surprised the Inventory Tweaks and NEI is missing.

RW Tema posted Dark Menagerie an interesting new mod that added some new MOBs like a Mummy in the desert biomes that was active during the day. I will look but that might be a good addition that wouldn't add some new content.

Keep up good work! open up a Patreon account and I will donate to the cause.

Ps. Phoenix Configs looks like something that may of use to you. It would allow for some additions to some packs but you could put some restrictions on what can be done with them. Maybe Minetweaker?

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Very excited to try this pack. I was just thinking that we needed something less automated and more focused on the basic minecraft experience. Now I don't have to futz with my own pack. Happy to see Chisel and Carpenters Blocks. Surprised the Inventory Tweaks and NEI is missing.

RW Tema posted Dark Menagerie an interesting new mod that added some new MOBs like a Mummy in the desert biomes that was active during the day. I will look but that might be a good addition that wouldn't add some new content.

Ps. Phoenix Configs looks like something that may of use to you. It would allow for some additions to some packs but you could put some restrictions on what can be done with them. Maybe Minetweaker?
Nei and inventory tweaks are in there

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks, I noticed the lack of similar modpacks and I was worried I might just be the only one interested in the idea.
NEI and Inventory Tweaks are included. I left out the small, standard, or obvious mods from the list in this thread. A comprehensive list can be found on the launcher.

I've had a look at Dark Menagerie. It looks good, but I don't think I'll add it to RusticCraft. It would only add a further step from vanilla Minecraft's aesthetics without adding much in the way of content.

I don't know what Phoenix Configs are, and I can't find any information through Google. As for Minetweaker, I don't expect I'll ever need to go that far. RusticCraft isn't a Hardcore or Challenge pack, so changing recipes is going a bit too far. I haven't even had much need to even change from mods default configs. As long as it remains impossible to automate Mining and Farming, there's a wide margin where I'd consider the balance to be okay.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Do you think thaumic tinkerer could be added?
I'd like to hear what others have to think about that.
Whereas Thaumcraft on it's own adds lots of manual fun and running around exploring and collecting, Thaumic Tinkerer is more about powerful items and blocks. Definitely a very cool expansion of Thaumcraft, I'm just not sure it would fit with RusticCraft.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
yeah i think a cool concept for the pack might be to start in this quaint little living style and and eventually coming out of this through use of really difficult ot make but very useful items, like what TT adds.