[1.7.10] RusticCraft

Indras

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand, can't you smelt them for two ingots?
I don't think I've done anything to change them.
No, your Minetweaker script removes the ability to make iron ingots in the furnace. You also cannot melt them down in the Tinkers' Construct smeltery, the Natura nether furnace, the Thaumcraft Infernal Furnace, or the Mariculture crucible furnace. The only use I've found for them is to break them back down in the Alchemical Furnace into Metallum essentia, which has other uses.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
No, your Minetweaker script removes the ability to make iron ingots in the furnace. You also cannot melt them down in the Tinkers' Construct smeltery, the Natura nether furnace, the Thaumcraft Infernal Furnace, or the Mariculture crucible furnace. The only use I've found for them is to break them back down in the Alchemical Furnace into Metallum essentia, which has other uses.
Update to 1.1.6
That script was flat out removed. It also broke the Autosmelt modifier for Tinker's Tools. I didn't think it affected Infernal Furnaces as well, all the more reason to drop it.
Updating shouldn't cause any problems with existing worlds. You will get a warning about some items missing, but that's fine unless maybe you happen to be wearing Railcraft Steel Armor. (I disabled Railcraft steel when I added Tinker's Steelworks)

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't started delving into magic yet, leveled up my tools, and my shovel got autosmelt on it. Wish that was my pick... How did this not send yesterday?

Indras

Jul 29, 2019
Update to 1.1.6
That script was flat out removed. It also broke the Autosmelt modifier for Tinker's Tools. I didn't think it affected Infernal Furnaces as well, all the more reason to drop it.
Updating shouldn't cause any problems with existing worlds. You will get a warning about some items missing, but that's fine unless maybe you happen to be wearing Railcraft Steel Armor. (I disabled Railcraft steel when I added Tinker's Steelworks)

Updating to 1.1.6 didn't help, it didn't remove the script. I made a backup of my map, deleted the whole folder, and let it install a fresh copy of 1.1.6. That worked.

I'm sure manually deleting the script would have worked, but I wanted to be 100% sure that there wasn't something else stuck from an earlier version.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Updating to 1.1.6 didn't help, it didn't remove the script. I made a backup of my map, deleted the whole folder, and let it install a fresh copy of 1.1.6. That worked.

I'm sure manually deleting the script would have worked, but I wanted to be 100% sure that there wasn't something else stuck from an earlier version.
Shoot. I was afraid that would happen, but figured it was fine because the launcher handles removed mods just fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1413410088,1411996275][/DOUBLEPOST]Updated to 1.1.7
This updates all the mods as well as Forge.
Notably, it fixes the bug that caused all Mariculture items to be Unnamed.
By some miracle, it doesn't cause any worldgen issues in pre-existing worlds. You will get a notice that two blocks in the world no longer exist. That's just Hardcore Ender Expansion which removed a book and instead bound the item's interface to the P key.

Abecedarius

Jul 29, 2019
I'm absolutely loving this modpack! My friends always want to play a kitchen-sink pack, but I'm not a big fan of tech. Thank you so much for giving this awesome compilation to the community! Forgive me for being a bit of a newbie to IguanaTweaks, but is there a way to make metallic parts without finding them in a village? I tried making a sword blade out of stone, wood, paper, bone, and flint, but nothing worked! Is there another way to get the part I need to make a cast of it, or is it limited to only nonmetallic parts?

EDIT: I was running from some silverfish and went past a potion spawner that hurt me but also took them all out. This pack rocks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Havanacus

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
I'm absolutely loving this modpack! My friends always want to play a kitchen-sink pack, but I'm not a big fan of tech. Thank you so much for giving this awesome compilation to the community! Forgive me for being a bit of a newbie to IguanaTweaks, but is there a way to make metallic parts without finding them in a village? I tried making a sword blade out of stone, wood, paper, bone, and flint, but nothing worked! Is there another way to get the part I need to make a cast of it, or is it limited to only nonmetallic parts?

The tooltip of the stencil/cast should list all the materials you can use to make parts. Also, flint blades should be a thing unless that somehow broke when I updated the pack the other day.

Reactions: Abecedarius

Abecedarius

Jul 29, 2019
The tooltip of the stencil/cast should list all the materials you can use to make parts. Also, flint blades should be a thing unless that somehow broke when I updated the pack the other day.
Wow, you were right! I don't know how I messed it up to begin with, but flint works perfectly. And now I know to look at the tooltips, too, thank you so much!

Reactions: Havanacus

bounding star

Jul 29, 2019
I love the feel of this pack and I think that shaders go really well with it. Now I know its always a bit hit and miss, but I only lost about 2 fps so if your not having lag you may want to try it out.

Last edited:

ZephyrWindSpirit

Jul 29, 2019
I should photograph my base. I spawned in a taiga biome on a hill, and have a number of biomes nearby. Magical forest, plains, forest and extreme hills.
I'll probably work with witchery to solve my problem of no jungle biome. Cocoa wont' be so easy. No botania to swap seeds either. Hm...
I love using the growthcraft bamboo for building material. Its sticks, planks, pillars, steps, slabs... and its just amazing all around building tool. Works to build a house, and its charcoal as well.
There's a river valley running between me and the plains, and its become my farm. I'm making use of a rope ladder from openblocks to get up and down, and have a tunnel down through the hill to escape outside.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
The latest update 1.1.7 may have issues if you're existing world has Microblock. https://github.com/Chicken-Bones/ForgeMultipart/issues/252
I'm putting together 1.1.8 to fix this, it should be out in a day or two.

I should photograph my base. I spawned in a taiga biome on a hill, and have a number of biomes nearby. Magical forest, plains, forest and extreme hills.
I'll probably work with witchery to solve my problem of no jungle biome. Cocoa wont' be so easy. No botania to swap seeds either. Hm...
I love using the growthcraft bamboo for building material. Its sticks, planks, pillars, steps, slabs... and its just amazing all around building tool. Works to build a house, and its charcoal as well.
There's a river valley running between me and the plains, and its become my farm. I'm making use of a rope ladder from openblocks to get up and down, and have a tunnel down through the hill to escape outside.
You should. I'd like to see some screenshots, and it doesn't hurt to bump this thread now and then.

Tairgire

Jul 29, 2019
A friend and I have been using this pack for a week and we ran into an oddity last night. We're getting silver nuggets as drops (and she may have found some silver ore as she's done a lot more mining than me so far, but not sure) from Silverfish, but we can't find a silver ingot recipe. There's only one recipe that would use it anyway, the silver chest. Is the ingot recipe supposed to be missing or is this a problem?

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
A friend and I have been using this pack for a week and we ran into an oddity last night. We're getting silver nuggets as drops (and she may have found some silver ore as she's done a lot more mining than me so far, but not sure) from Silverfish, but we can't find a silver ingot recipe. There's only one recipe that would use it anyway, the silver chest. Is the ingot recipe supposed to be missing or is this a problem?
As far as I'm aware, silverfish are the only way to acquire silver. There's no silver ore, the Artifice one in NEI would only be used if Artifice tried to overwrite another Silver Ore with one of it's alternate stones. I don't know why Thaumcraft is adding silver nuggets but not silver ingots, but it seemed harmless to leave it be since nothing in RusticCraft uses silver anyways. I think of it as something fun to collect; a trophy of the swarm of silverfish I battled to build a basement under my house.

Vudhu

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've been playing and enjoying this pack, but I've ran into a problem where the same type of ores are displaying from different mods. I read through this entire thread (yes every post) and I only came across one post where someone ran into the same problem. You said something about it being fixed, but it is not as I am still getting different ores from different packs. ( Different coal ores for other packs, same for copper ores as well).

I don't know if this is a problem, but I thought you'd like to know. It's midly annoying at best and it doesn't seem to affect anything. Then again, i'm not really mod savy.

Also, i'd like to point out that with my first pick axe, I got a silktouch modifier added onto it as the first enchantment and now i can't mine anything with it. I've tried precious ores as well as plain old stone, it doesn't mine at all and the mining speed itself even says "0". I can't use that pickaxe anymore because of it. Again, I could just be overlooking something since I really have no idea how most things in this pack work.

Edit: Out of curiosity, are you planning on updating or changing this pack frequently?

Last edited:

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I've been playing and enjoying this pack, but I've ran into a problem where the same type of ores are displaying from different mods. I read through this entire thread (yes every post) and I only came across one post where someone ran into the same problem. You said something about it being fixed, but it is not as I am still getting different ores from different packs. ( Different coal ores for other packs, same for copper ores as well).

I don't know if this is a problem, but I thought you'd like to know. It's midly annoying at best and it doesn't seem to affect anything. Then again, i'm not really mod savy.

Also, i'd like to point out that with my first pick axe, I got a silktouch modifier added onto it as the first enchantment and now i can't mine anything with it. I've tried precious ores as well as plain old stone, it doesn't mine at all and the mining speed itself even says "0". I can't use that pickaxe anymore because of it. Again, I could just be overlooking something since I really have no idea how most things in this pack work.

Edit: Out of curiosity, are you planning on updating or changing this pack frequently?

The Ores were fixed so only one type of each could ever be found, but in the latest version of the pack Tinker's Copper started dropping. I only noticed yesterday myself and haven't made time to figure out why. I also noticed that my hammer with Smelting modifier stopped Smelting.

As for your pick, the Silky modifier lowers the mining speed a bit. To make the pick usable again, just repair it fully and replace the head with a higher-tier one. If you haven't mined the resources for a higher-tier head yet, you'll just need to make a second pickaxe. Having multiple unique, not-quite-perfect tools is a big part of RusticCraft.

At this point I'm only updating to fix issues that come up. I like where this pack is at; If I were to start again I would have a few things different, but I'd rather not cause issues with existing worlds.

Vudhu

Jul 29, 2019
The Ores were fixed so only one type of each could ever be found, but in the latest version of the pack Tinker's Copper started dropping. I only noticed yesterday myself and haven't made time to figure out why. I also noticed that my hammer with Smelting modifier stopped Smelting.

As for your pick, the Silky modifier lowers the mining speed a bit. To make the pick usable again, just repair it fully and replace the head with a higher-tier one. If you haven't mined the resources for a higher-tier head yet, you'll just need to make a second pickaxe. Having multiple unique, not-quite-perfect tools is a big part of RusticCraft.

At this point I'm only updating to fix issues that come up. I like where this pack is at; If I were to start again I would have a few things different, but I'd rather not cause issues with existing worlds.

OH, i'd also like to say that the i believe you said somewhere that the original furnace wasn't supposed to be able to smelt ores. I was able to smelt iron in it.

Also, I fully repaired the silky pickaxe and it's mining speed is still at 0 and can't mine anything at all. Not even cobble. Even tried some coal and iron ore to make sure. Doesn't mine anything at all.

Last edited:

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
OH i'd also like to say that the i believe you said somewhere that the original furnace wasn't supposed to be able to smelt ores. I was able to smelt iron in it.

Yup, I was considering that modification, but it was more trouble then it's worth in the end. Turns out a lot of things reference smelting recipes for their own functions.

Vudhu

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, I was considering that modification, but it was more trouble then it's worth in the end. Turns out a lot of things reference smelting recipes for their own functions.

How can i get netherack or obsidian when the only tool I can use for my pickaxe is flint that can't mine obsidian, so i can't make a portal to the nether to get netherack to upgrade, either. Sorry, like i said, i'm new to mods. Very much enjoying the pack so far, though.

Havanacus

Jul 29, 2019
How can i get netherack or obsidian when the only tool I can use for my pickaxe is flint that can't mine obsidian, so i can't make a portal to the nether to get netherack to upgrade, either. Sorry, like i said, i'm new to mods. Very much enjoying the pack so far, though.
You should be able to mine Obsidian with an Iron pickaxe since the latest version. Before that it was necessary to combine Lava and Water in a Smeltery to create Obsidian which can be used to make Alumite.