[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

Jarrod_9

Jul 29, 2019
Now I am not sure if anyone else has this problem, but sanity runs down really fast for me. Within a few minutes of starting, boom, 0%. After sleeping, the same thing happens. I wonder if this is because I am playing not Hardcore or if this is just a bug.

P.S. Love the idea and execution

SureShotM

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, on another note on the personal server I'm running with my friend we just noticed and are very confused on what might be going on if its a bug or not but were actually having trouble with mobs in a different sense. What I mean by this is at night we trad off on who goes hunting well after the 3rd night we noticed the less mobs we have encounter at night, for example I took a night vision potion to get better sight on things and I traveled pretty far but came back with nothing, we even made a dark room to see if that would help but to no avail. On the same note different thing though if this is intended it put my friend even more on edge but I digress, also something to note is only time we have gotten mobs and not very many ether is during a blood moon.

SureShotM

Jul 29, 2019
Now I am not sure if anyone else has this problem, but sanity runs down really fast for me. Within a few minutes of starting, boom, 0%. After sleeping, the same thing happens. I wonder if this is because I am playing not Hardcore or if this is just a bug.

I have run into this issue a few times and theirs a few things that can be causing this oddly enough if you have nether wart near by it can cause that, if your near a nether portal, if your have player heads or even mob heads around, Once I figured it was those i moved them about 10 blocks away and that helped. If that's not the case for you, you might need to relog do to the fact that the enviromine data needs a reset.

Jarrod_9

Jul 29, 2019
Although the quick sanity loss might have been affected by the billion Heroes. After I slept through two nights, it seems to be fixed.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Agreed, on another note on the personal server I'm running with my friend we just noticed and are very confused on what might be going on if its a bug or not but were actually having trouble with mobs in a different sense. What I mean by this is at night we trad off on who goes hunting well after the 3rd night we noticed the less mobs we have encounter at night, for example I took a night vision potion to get better sight on things and I traveled pretty far but came back with nothing, we even made a dark room to see if that would help but to no avail. On the same note different thing though if this is intended it put my friend even more on edge but I digress, also something to note is only time we have gotten mobs and not very many ether is during a blood moon.

Keep in mind I have not played this pack yet, so I could be quite wrong. But what you're describing sounds like mobs spawning in underground tunnels, and then not despawning, filling up the spawn cap, leading to fewer above ground spawns at night.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

SureShotM

Jul 29, 2019
Keep in mind I have not played this pack yet, so I could be quite wrong. But what you're describing sounds like mobs spawning in underground tunnels, and then not despawning, filling up the spawn cap, leading to fewer above ground spawns at night.
That's what we thought as well so we went for a caving raid still nothing so were still very confused on what might be going on, the only other thought I have is dealing with 2 concepts. 1 its because of the gravestone mod cause we did find a graveyard about 3 chunks away from us and it has a crypt dungeon, or 2 because the immense amount of spawners around.

Jarrod_9

Jul 29, 2019
That's what we thought as well so we went for a caving raid still nothing so were still very confused on what might be going on, the only other thought I have is dealing with 2 concepts. 1 its because of the gravestone mod cause we did find a graveyard about 3 chunks away from us and it has a crypt dungeon, or 2 because the immense amount of spawners around.
Have you tried checking the dungeon? The spawners might be responsible as well.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

If you have either low health or low hunger (or are around a Nether Portal for extended periods of time), you'll begin to lose Sanity very, very, very quickly.
I have run into this issue a few times and theirs a few things that can be causing this oddly enough if you have nether wart near by it can cause that, if your near a nether portal, if your have player heads or even mob heads around, Once I figured it was those i moved them about 10 blocks away and that helped. If that's not the case for you, you might need to relog do to the fact that the enviromine data needs a reset.
Player heads and mob heads do affect Sanity, but Nether Wart does not, it's actually the soul sand that does.
Definetly check the caves nearby or the Graveyard. Especially the graveyard. Those things are swarming.

If you're under equipped to do that, set the game's difficulty to peaceful for a couple seconds, then change it back. That should clear all the hostile mobs.

Jarrod_9

Jul 29, 2019
If you have either low health or low hunger (or are around a Nether Portal for extended periods of time), you'll begin to lose Sanity very, very, very quickly.

Player heads and mob heads do affect Sanity, but Nether Wart does not, it's actually the soul sand that does.

Definetly check the caves nearby or the Graveyard. Especially the graveyard. Those things are swarming.

If you're under equipped to do that, set the game's difficulty to peaceful for a couple seconds, then change it back. That should clear all the hostile mobs.
I might have had low health due to those Heroes.

Edit: Definitely because of them.

SureShotM

Jul 29, 2019

Okay we will give it a shot, also thank you for this pack @Gideonseymour it is amazing, at the same time curse you cause its amazing that ive set aside my own projects... either way amazing pack thanks for making it.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Coolcabbage

Jul 29, 2019
Some of the villager trades are a bit op (especially with unlimited trades)
1 iron for 1 bucket of life = 1 bucket of blood and a free bucket which could be melted in a smeltry for 3 iron
both the large sword blade ones are also quite good, I built my tool forge with diamond because it was the cheapest thing available (yes diamonds are cheap)
once you have a good tree farm (can do early and can even make a wooden lumberaxe after getting a tool forge) it is easy to get loads of reward bags with no risk

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
How do you get diamonds from this pack? I've managed to secure a zombie spawner and use it... but Haven't seen a diamond yet. How does one naturally regen?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
How do you get diamonds from this pack? I've managed to secure a zombie spawner and use it... but Haven't seen a diamond yet. How does one naturally regen?
The potion effect rewarded by the first quest is how one regenerates.

And diamonds drop from basically anything, but at a low rate. I'm planning on increasing it in the v1.2 update.

Reactions: GreatOrator

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Is the first quest completed when you kill all the different types of mobs?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
oh... yeah I did that, took the reward, but I don't regen. I'll check over some things to verify.