[1.7.10]Running Red 2: Vampire Money[v1.2.0][Hardcore][Magic][RPG]

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hi i know optifine is not supported in most modpacks but it works in most of them. It did in the last running red for me in this one it doesnt let me go to setting. http://pastebin.com/4d1sSmHN there is the log i giet

No optifine works in almost none of them. There is hardly any pack that hasn't has problems with optifine. The issues are a combination of specific packs and specific computers. But there is no way to know which computer and pack combanation with to splat.

EmKaM

Jul 29, 2019
No optifine works in almost none of them. There is hardly any pack that hasn't has problems with optifine. The issues are a combination of specific packs and specific computers. But there is no way to know which computer and pack combanation with to splat.
It works for most of them for My Laptop. But is there a fix or not ?

SureShotM

Jul 29, 2019
And on a completely different note on server with friend and we spent a good 4 hours and just completed both sets of quests and all I want to say is awesome pack so far cant wait till it gets more content now, only downside I have with it is the over powered blood moon my friend and I just got wrecked even though we got far so we made a decision to challenge our self's and survive 4 blood moons so were working on base building

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have a VPS that I could set a server up on :) It's not fantastic, but it ought to be able to take a few people. Anybody interested?
I would totally be interested in a server like this. but i think the story line needs a bit of work/no story line for server play. right now it seems like it is very centered on single player following a story. that generally doesn't translate well over to multiplayer in my experience.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm sorry, but there's not really anything I can do to help with Optifine crashes.
I would totally be interested in a server like this. but i think the story line needs a bit of work/no story line for server play. right now it seems like it is very centered on single player following a story. that generally doesn't translate well over to multiplayer in my experience.
Don't worry - one of my big goals for the v1.2 update is to get this thing more multi-player support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Master_Wight

Master_Wight

Jul 29, 2019

Well, another part of why I would have a server up is so we could find and report bugs and get an organized list. :)

SureShotM

Jul 29, 2019
Well though its not centered around the multilayer right now its still fun do with friends and like @Master_Wight sad its a good way to find bugs, for example the first quest in chapter one closes me out of the server/world, the other thing I noticed last night was mostly during hardcore play it would instently ban a player on death and I had to pardon him to even use the ginto but thats probaly what @Gideonseymour means by getting more multilayer support along with other things, either way I am addicted to this pack so much that I put off making my pack that I was in the process of making.

aerion111

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble understanding the system for buffs and such.
I was very happy when I started getting them, even started planning for how to get enough animals around to drink blood from...
But now I'm losing all of them?
Like, I'm not even a vampire anymore.
Was it because I went the Human route? I just did that as a self-imposed challenge, since it's easier to find peaceful mobs than hostile ones.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm having trouble understanding the system for buffs and such.
I was very happy when I started getting them, even started planning for how to get enough animals around to drink blood from...
But now I'm losing all of them?
Like, I'm not even a vampire anymore.
Was it because I went the Human route? I just did that as a self-imposed challenge, since it's easier to find peaceful mobs than hostile ones.
You shouldn't be losing them. Did you die, by chance?

aerion111

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think so?
I died a lot to begin with, but by that point I'd got much better armor, and I'm pretty sure I'd both used the vampire-powers to heal during that life, and stayed alive for two or more hours.
I did use Journeymap's Teleport function, but I'd been using it several times before (it's the only mod I added; I need SOMETHING to map, I'm so bad at directions that it's just not fun to play without a map. Don't worry, I did still do some tension-building walks in the dark when I was just gathering resources nearby, I just used the teleport to be able to wander further without spending lots of time doing tedious walking back)
Possible spoilers:
I had gotten the third buff (Haste) some time ago - probably well over an hour.
Then I suddenly noticed the 'zoom-in' effect of my Speed fading, by which point I'd already lost my Vampiric powers.
When I re-logged to see if the mod just got confused, the --*-- besides Haste had turned into some amount of minutes - maybe 14 - and was ticking down.
Other potentially-relevant stuff:
My lore-book had recently been emptied. Not sure when or how, but all the unlocked lore had been replaced with empty spots (but they were still highlit as if there was supposed to be something there) - finishing the quest before the lava-crystal worked normally, and I could read the lore for it, just nothing before, even though I'd seen them work fine before.
The quests kept saying I'd not taken the rewards, and when finished the first time they reset back to the first 'part' of the quest, but trying to get the rwards again did nothing - not counting the genuinely repeatable quests about killing mobs, those work fine. I had assumed this was just a quirk of how you'd done the quests, or something.
I had been stuck on the lava-crystal quest for some time.
I had recently started going the Humanity route, after having noticed that I did indeed get reputation for each repetition - I thought I only got it once, so I figured that since it's only like 6 points either side, I might as well go neutral (for maximum reward-bag-age) and hope I could get the 20 points somewhere else. When I noticed I got the point each time, I went full-on Human.

EDIT: Actually, hang on, would the 'heal' button in NEI do it?
I might have used that to fill my hunger back up so I could sprint, having forgot my food.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I don't think so?
I died a lot to begin with, but by that point I'd got much better armor, and I'm pretty sure I'd both used the vampire-powers to heal during that life, and stayed alive for two or more hours.
I did use Journeymap's Teleport function, but I'd been using it several times before (it's the only mod I added; I need SOMETHING to map, I'm so bad at directions that it's just not fun to play without a map. Don't worry, I did still do some tension-building walks in the dark when I was just gathering resources nearby, I just used the teleport to be able to wander further without spending lots of time doing tedious walking back)
Possible spoilers:
I had gotten the third buff (Haste) some time ago - probably well over an hour.
Then I suddenly noticed the 'zoom-in' effect of my Speed fading, by which point I'd already lost my Vampiric powers.
When I re-logged to see if the mod just got confused, the --*-- besides Haste had turned into some amount of minutes - maybe 14 - and was ticking down.
Other potentially-relevant stuff:
My lore-book had recently been emptied. Not sure when or how, but all the unlocked lore had been replaced with empty spots (but they were still highlit as if there was supposed to be something there) - finishing the quest before the lava-crystal worked normally, and I could read the lore for it, just nothing before, even though I'd seen them work fine before.
The quests kept saying I'd not taken the rewards, and when finished the first time they reset back to the first 'part' of the quest, but trying to get the rwards again did nothing - not counting the genuinely repeatable quests about killing mobs, those work fine. I had assumed this was just a quirk of how you'd done the quests, or something.
I had been stuck on the lava-crystal quest for some time.
I had recently started going the Humanity route, after having noticed that I did indeed get reputation for each repetition - I thought I only got it once, so I figured that since it's only like 6 points either side, I might as well go neutral (for maximum reward-bag-age) and hope I could get the 20 points somewhere else. When I noticed I got the point each time, I went full-on Human.

EDIT: Actually, hang on, would the 'heal' button in NEI do it?
I might have used that to fill my hunger back up so I could sprint, having forgot my food.
Healing shouldn't affect the effects. I'm looking into why it's taking them away, and also working on an alternate system for obtaining the effects that should hopefully work better.

Master_Wight

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, Gideon, is dying supposed to rob you of all effects? I noticed that after you die you get the "Soul Fray" effect. What's that about?

KhaoticPoisonIce

Jul 29, 2019
Soul Fray is from Blood Magic. Makes you supply substantially less blood for the altar so that you can't just spam your knife and kill yourself to replenish health.

On a completely unrelated note, I feel that a slightly modified version of Iguana Tweaks would work wonderfully with this pack. Or really any pack that features fighting, simply because of the amazing weapons that can evolve with the xp system. (Newest version as far as I can tell http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...raft-mods/2176855-iguanas-tinker-tweaks-2-0-6)

Also, I'm loving the pack :D

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Just out of curiosity, Gideon, is dying supposed to rob you of all effects? I noticed that after you die you get the "Soul Fray" effect. What's that about?
It's intended for hardcore play, hence why the effects are gone when you respawn. However, the quests are repeatable, but I don't know how well they work. I'm working on a method for people to regain the effects easily, but we'll see how that works out.
Soul Fray is from Blood Magic. Makes you supply substantially less blood for the altar so that you can't just spam your knife and kill yourself to replenish health.

On a completely unrelated note, I feel that a slightly modified version of Iguana Tweaks would work wonderfully with this pack. Or really any pack that features fighting, simply because of the amazing weapons that can evolve with the xp system. (Newest version as far as I can tell http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...raft-mods/2176855-iguanas-tinker-tweaks-2-0-6)

Also, I'm loving the pack :D
I'll take a look at it, and thanks.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Say that after you get a sword you have bin working on for days gets bane of arthropods. :p

Also this sounds like it might be a fun mod to add to this pack.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ip-mods/1445975-evilcraft-open-source-v0-7-0b

aerion111

Jul 29, 2019
Say that after you get a sword you have bin working on for days gets bane of arthropods. :p
Hey, at least BoA is technically better than nothing.
Like, it does extra damage to spiders, and doesn't do anything to non-spiders.
Knockback and fire, however, can be quite bad.
In fact, unless it's a Mine & Blade spear, you pretty much never want Knockback on your primary weapon, and it can make you have to make an entirely new weapon.
In Running Red 1, my Looting II, Moss I sword got Knockback, and so became nearly useless for loot-getting given the floating-island nature of the map (so, everything'd fly off)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, at least BoA is technically better than nothing.
Like, it does extra damage to spiders, and doesn't do anything to non-spiders.
Knockback and fire, however, can be quite bad.
In fact, unless it's a Mine & Blade spear, you pretty much never want Knockback on your primary weapon, and it can make you have to make an entirely new weapon.
In Running Red 1, my Looting II, Moss I sword got Knockback, and so became nearly useless for loot-getting given the floating-island nature of the map (so, everything'd fly off)

Not so much an issue with this map. I beleve it has at least 2 magnet items in it. One from botania and one from reliquary. The rind of magnetism and coin of fortune respectively.

aerion111

Jul 29, 2019
Not so much an issue with this map. I beleve it has at least 2 magnet items in it. One from botania and one from reliquary. The rind of magnetism and coin of fortune respectively.
The problem isn't the loot going flying, it's the mobs doing so.
You generally want the mobs to stay just barely out of their own range, on the basis that your own range's generally further.
If you're me, you're so bad at judging distances that you rely on circling the mobs, but the end result is still that you want less knockback, not more.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Neither of those mods are in this pack but I believe there is one in Ender IO