Mod Feedback [1.7.10] RFDrills - for all of your mining needs!

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
An update has been made! It's a tiny one but it counts, right?
1.6.3 changelog said:
  • Added config options to change modes via shift+right click (enabled automatically for EIO tools).
  • Added config options to enable/disable sounds when switching modes (disabled automatically for EIO tools).
  • The Flux Hoe now only hoes 1 block at a time if the player is sneaking.
  • The Dark Soularium Crusher can now hoe in a 1x3x1 area (depends on the direction the player is facing).
  • Organized the config GUI and fixed some typos in property names. You won't lose any of your config data this time around.
  • Fixed AoE tools not harvesting blocks properly (some people even said they could break bedrock... Whoops).
  • Fixed the Dark Soularium Crusher not being craftable if SimplyJetpacks is installed but it's EIO integration is disabled.
I'm sorry for the extreme delay, those two bugs were only reported about a week ago (and they were actually really tricky to fix).

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
And another update, which adds a feature I tried to implement a looong time ago:
jvwkLCm.png
1.7 changelog said:
1.7 - The Fancy Update!
  • Changed the drilling/chainsawing (is this a word?) animation. Instead of swinging your arms all over the place, you now actually "drill into the block".
  • Added config options to disable that animation or to enable it in 3rd person mode only.
  • You can disable the mode switch sound for any tool individually by combining it with a block of Wool (or a Sound Muffler if ExU is installed).
  • To enable the sounds again, put the tool in a crafting table with a Note Block.
  • Config options for mode switch sounds no longer exist. They will automatically be removed from your config file.

Firewall

Jul 29, 2019
Good mode, but i don't understand, how to change energy usage per block for crusher. I searched in config file some parameters, but can't find them for crusher only. Can you explain how i can do this?
Also i have suggestion:
May be will be better to do replaceable parts for all tools. What i mean? For example, i crafted crusher, but i need install special part in my tool for mining. I craft this part from wood, stone, iron or something else (configurable in file). Every part have different properties like damage (how blocks player can break with this part), efficiency and mining level. When damage will be maximal player need to install new part for continue. Of course every parameter need to be configurable in config file for optimal usage.
I think it will be better...

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Good mode, but i don't understand, how to change energy usage per block for crusher. I searched in config file some parameters, but can't find them for crusher only. Can you explain how i can do this?
The easiest way of doing is by going to "Mods" in the main menu, finding RFDrills and clicking the Options button. That should give you a GUI with all available config options.
Also i have suggestion: -snip-
Yeah noooo, I'm not going to rewrite the entire mod for that kind of system. I want to keep a simple, TE-style progression with my tools. That mod does modular drills a lot better.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I have tried this mod and so far I'm liking it. I even got rid of Tcon because of this mod. However, to my surprise, some of the tools (or at least hammers) lacks 3x3x1 mining, like tinkers hammers. Which is a bit of a shame.
So, I would like to ask, please, could you add ability to mine 3x3x1 area to hammers?

Also, would it be too much if I ask for 5x5x1, 7x7x1 or 7x7x7 mining ability for hammers?

EDIT: I forgot. Lumber mode for chainsaws, to take down entire trees.

Last edited:

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Just released another bugfix to Curseforge.
  • Fixed bug which crashed the game on startup if WAILA isn't installed
  • Got rid of redundant code that registers Simply Jetpacks' Dark Soularium in the Ore Dictionary
Also I can't believe it was 3 months since my last update. Holy crap.:eek:
Hi,
I have tried this mod and so far I'm liking it. I even got rid of Tcon because of this mod. However, to my surprise, some of the tools (or at least hammers) lacks 3x3x1 mining, like tinkers hammers. Which is a bit of a shame.
So, I would like to ask, please, could you add ability to mine 3x3x1 area to hammers?

Also, would it be too much if I ask for 5x5x1, 7x7x1 or 7x7x7 mining ability for hammers?

EDIT: I forgot. Lumber mode for chainsaws, to take down entire trees.
Sure, I could add a 3x3x1 area. I'm not sure about cutting down entire trees though.

artubi

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, I could add a 3x3x1 area
Please, could you also add option for 5x5x1 mining for hammers?

Would it be too confusing if the drills and hammers would utilize the COFH "change mode" key? So that:
- "Empower" will only increase mining size (1x1 > 3x3 > 5x5)
- "Change mode" will only increase mining depth (1x1x1 > 1x3x1, 3x3x1 > 3x3x3, 5x5x1 > 5x5x5)
- or vice versa

I'm not sure about cutting down entire trees though.
What about adding it to higher tiered chainsaws? Utilizing COFH "change mode" key you would be able to switch between shears and lumber mode. Empower would activate one of the two modes (shears of lumber depending which player choose) and deactivate the second one.

A

Atrus2133

Hello Sir, I love the mod but Im having an issue. The mode switch works just fine in sp but in multi I cannot get it to work. I have searched for more info as well as tried different options in the config but I cant get the diamond drill to switch on a mp server. I only have ender io installed. Didnt know if that was an issue. Thank you for your time and hard work on the mod.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Hello Sir, I love the mod but Im having an issue. The mode switch works just fine in sp but in multi I cannot get it to work. I have searched for more info as well as tried different options in the config but I cant get the diamond drill to switch on a mp server. I only have ender io installed. Didnt know if that was an issue. Thank you for your time and hard work on the mod.
Diamond drill? I don't have that in my mod. Maybe you're thinking of Super Multi-Drills?

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
What's the crafting recipe for Dark soularium ingot, it's not telling in NEI? Only one is that 9 nuggets make ingot, and 1 ingot back into nuggets recipe loop. Based on github comments on similar things i suspect we have too new EnderIO-1.7.10-2.3.0.422_beta.

I could add minetweak recipe if i knew what materials are involved.

For sidenote; the Destructive crystal recipe works well with that EnderIO's Soul Binder.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
What's the crafting recipe for Dark soularium ingot, it's not telling in NEI? Only one is that 9 nuggets make ingot, and 1 ingot back into nuggets recipe loop. Based on github comments on similar things i suspect we have too new EnderIO-1.7.10-2.3.0.422_beta.

I could add minetweak recipe if i knew what materials are involved.

For sidenote; the Destructive crystal recipe works well with that EnderIO's Soul Binder.
Do you have Simply Jetpacks installed?
Try updating/installing that. Also, try enabling EnderIO integration inside SJ's config.

The reason for that is because Dark Soularium is actually a Simply Jetpacks item. And it wasn't registered in the Ore Dictionary until SJ 1.5.2, meaning that my recipes won't work if you have an outdated version.

Last edited:

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Also, the 1.7.3 update is ready!
(I actually uploaded it to Curseforge a while ago but forgot to mention it here. Sorry!)
  • Added tooltips for Redstone Arsenal and Simply Jetpacks replacement items.
  • Fixed issues with Flux-Infused Crusher's muffle recipe
  • Obsidian Rod now has a proper recipe if Redstone Arsenal isn't installed.
  • Fixed the Dark Soularium Nugget not being localized properly.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
Its the advanced electric drill, looks like it has a diamond in it. In single player it will dig a 3x1 but wont switch in multiplayer.
This isn't a rfdrills thing, it's added by gravitation suite.
Well, my mod does actually add an Advanced Mining Drill, which looks like this:
advanced_drill.png

Unfortunately I can't recreate this issue. My computer is too old and weak to launch both a modded server and a modded client.
Maybe the server and client have different configs? There is an option that allows you to choose between "Shift+Right click to change modes" or "Hit CoFH Empower key to change modes". Maybe the server doesn't let you switch because those options are different?