Mod Feedback [1.7.10] RFDrills - for all of your mining needs!

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 is done!

Also, hopefully VersionChecker will work and let you update the mod in-game.
Note: I'm not adding my own Dark Soularium, I'm using the Simply Jetpacks items. If you don't have SJ installed the recipes will be a bit different.
The next update won't be all that big and (hopefully) won't take that long to make either: I'm going to add an RF hoe+sickle tool. It won't have all the different tiers, because let's be honest: why would anybody ever make an Enderium Hoe?
I would make an Enderium Hoe and then go humiliate people by killing them with it.
Give it armor piercing damage! Pleasepleasepleaseplease! XD
Looking forward to the update; I really love this mod to death. :D

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
The Flux Hoe update is now available on Curseforge! I need a break
1.6 - The Flux Hoe update!
  • Added the Flux Hoe! Yaaaay!it's also a sickle btw
  • If Simply Jetpacks isn't installed, the mod will create it's own version of Dark Soularium.
  • If Redstone Arsenal isn't installed but Simply Jetpacks is available, the mod will use SJ's "replacement items" in the Flux-Infused recipes.
  • Crushers now switch modes using the Empowered key just like every other tool in the mod.
  • Config values and categories are now localized in the Config GUIs. You shouldn't lose any of your old config options, though (at least I hope so).
  • Fixed the Dark Soularium Crusher not swinging and not using energy when hoeing only one block at a time.

I'm really not sure what I should implement next. I probably won't make updates for some time (a month?) since Terraria 1.3 comes out soon and I'm really excited for it.

With that said, I will still do little bugfixes if needed.

Last edited:

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The Flux Hoe update is now available on Curseforge! I need a break

I'm really not sure what I should implement next. I probably won't make updates for some time (a month?) since Terraria 1.3 comes out soon and I'm really excited for it.

With that said, I will still do little bugfixes if needed.
3 x 3 drill? The only drill sizes are currently 1x1 and 1x3. Would love a 3 x 3 drill.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
I still like the idea of this mod getting it's own version of an atanimous activator.

Give it only one slot like the thaumcraft version, but have it require power, and use some of the power to charge the drill within it

I like it best as a sheep method.

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
I still like the idea of this mod getting it's own version of an atanimous activator.

Give it only one slot like the thaumcraft version, but have it require power, and use some of the power to charge the drill within it

I like it best as a sheep method.
I'm not sure. I still kinda want this to be only about manual tools, and leave automation to bigger mods.

My next goal will probably be the GunDrill. That'll be fun cause I never had a chance to make entities before...

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
And here's a cute little update:
1.6.1 changelog said:
  • The Flux Hoe can now be crafted using EnderIO materials.
  • Mining downwards/upwards with the 1x3x1 mode will break blocks in a horizontal line instead.
  • Fixed AoE items not being able to harvest most wrenchable machines.
  • Fixed the Dark Soularium Crusher being able to till dirt when out of energy (that was just waay too OP).
  • Fixed some Dark Soularium Crusher mode weirdness.
  • Fixed the Flux-Infused Crusher "flickering" while recharging.
  • Optimized some things internally. (may be slightly less laggy?)

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure. I still kinda want this to be only about manual tools, and leave automation to bigger mods.

My next goal will probably be the GunDrill. That'll be fun cause I never had a chance to make entities before...
GUNDRILL! GUNDRILL HYPE! :D
Seriously looking forward to that. :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Theres one thing preventing me from using these tools in my current and that is the button press to change modes. Sneak and right click would be so much better for how I play. Please implement this?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
This mod is a pretty decent substitute for those who are sick of TiCo for whatever reason. Not to thrilling but they work and are tiered well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely don't fall victim to feature creep; there's nothing worse than a mod that is just about one thing but starts adding completely unrelated things. See: Router Reborn. Originally only the Router from Factorization, but now with a whole bunch of bloat.

Mike Lowe

Jul 29, 2019
im liking the mod so far, but i do have a silly question - how do i change modes? when i mouse over the crusher and press shift it says "Press NONE To Change Modes". also i didn't see anything in the control menu

gardenapple

Mod Developer
Jan 14, 2014
im liking the mod so far, but i do have a silly question - how do i change modes? when i mouse over the crusher and press shift it says "Press NONE To Change Modes". also i didn't see anything in the control menu
It's supposed to use CoFHCore's Empower key (the one that's used for RA Flux-Infused tools). Although it seems like a lot of people get annoyed by that, so I might add a config option to do this with shift+right click.