[1.7.10] Post Finem (after the end) [Tech][HQM][Hardcore] version 1.1.0

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
First, thanks for putting together this modpack Landstryder. I've had a ton of fun with it so far and I think it doesn't get nearly the amount of attention it deserves.

A few minutes after I posted my response a couple of days ago I realized I could do something cheesy like using energy conduit to lay down a support structure and build over that. I didn't realize glowstone would be immune to gravity and I have plenty of that laying about thanks to my farm so I think that pretty much solves my problem.

I'll give a try at building support structures diagonally up instead of down and using carpenter blocks. I usually kind of shy away from using carpenter blocks due to the lag they can generate once you have enough of them so I really hadn't thought about whether or not they might provide more stability.

I noticed what is most likely an oversight or bug that can be abused:

There are two recipes for bakeware using brick and nether bricks. You can make bakeware out of regular bricks and then turn around and decompose it for nether brick decomposition products.
The bakeware is not a huge issue since clay is not that abundant and kind of a pain to synthize (unless you got real lucky and landed near a mesa). At any rate I know about the recipes and don't consider it game breaking.
:D Just finished sins of the past quest... All I have to say is that I'm sorry Landstryder :) I robbed your turrets blind of ammo and power cells... And everything else of value that wasn't bedrocked down :D (P.S. What good is computer craft anyways? I've ditched all of the computers and such that I've found sitting around everywhere. Do they do anything useful that I should know about?)
Yea I probably overdid the loot in the missile dungeon. As far as open computers the things it can do are quite limitless but it does require some basic programming skills. There are many pre made programs that can be downloaded from the net even if you can't program. You can even make robots to do work for you.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
The bakeware is not a huge issue since clay is not that abundant and kind of a pain to synthize (unless you got real lucky and landed near a mesa). At any rate I know about the recipes and don't consider it game breaking.

Yeah, it is a pain to synthesize clay early on so there is that. However, by mid-game you can easily end up with tons of clay from a MFR tree farm/sludge boiler setup. I figured I'd bring it to your attention regardless as I assume you'd prefer people to enjoy the horrors of the depths in order to mine up a good amount of netherrack. :)

A

adios.

Help me!! I dont can launch minecraft 1 7 10 with CoFH Core!! PLEASE

A

adios.

When mods check and it was the turn CoFH Core game was crash and it always. Modpack version 1 6 4 launch OK and 1 7 10 bad! Sorry i bad know English

pikminman13

Jul 29, 2019
Try deleting the folder for the modpack and downloading it again. It will be in your downloads folder on your computer.

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
Everything was going fine... And then Bees started X(
Now I've even gone so far as to grab torcherino just so that I can get the wretched things to go faster, and then I get 80 billion bees in my inventory, and the only way to get rid of them is either the garbage chute or going through and crafting all the tiny parts for the gendustry stuff.
I'm stuck in the mud right now. I'll be back to it once I take a breather... BUT BEEEEEEEEEEESSS!

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
I like bees. xD If a pack doesn't have Ex Nihilo or Magical Crops or Agricrat's resource crops are diabled, bees are your best bet for getting infinite resources without too much maintenance once set up correctly.

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't really messed with Forestry since 1.4.7 so I'm a bit skeptical. What things have I've missed out on besides the countless hours of grinding to breed useful bee traits?

Edit: Actually, no - I bred bees in 1.5.2 as well. Same question though :)

Last edited:

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
@alyandon From what I've found, thanks to extra bees and gendustry, you can create some pretty awesome bees. They even have the "regular" traits, like heroic, water, etc. And with extra bees, you can get a variety of bees that have a whole bunch of new and useful materials. And lastly, Gendustry. If I ever decide to tackle that mess it will be a surprise. I hate the crafting of 18 different items for a friggin battery pack, but I digress. Gendustry is the technological method of saying screw this breeding crap, I have mutagen and other fun stuff. Basically you can TOTALLY customise a bee to have a multitude of different traits. In any case, do some research on it. And if you don't have patience for it like me, then grab torcherino mod or something XP

P.S. I'm finally returning to post finem. I finished rising of the shield hero, so it's time to get back to it. Bees are going to be put on hold, since I'm going to get a bunch of chemical synthesis machines so that I can just set each one to a particular piece of technology. That will make it a bit less of a headache for me if I just have to make a trip through them with the resources needed XP

Last edited:

torndar

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had issues with their world flat out not saving? I did a multi-hour marathon yesterday and now I can't load it, the *.mca region data files are all 8KB of null bytes :( I just tried creating a new world, saved and exited, and then tried to reload and every time it has my character data but the world is regenerated and any changes I made are gone.

Edit: I'm not sure which one it was but I think either running the FTB launcher as administrator or loosening the firewall restrictions on Java seems to have it saving properly now. I'm leaning toward it being the latter.

Last edited:

Roland117

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had issues with their world flat out not saving? I did a multi-hour marathon yesterday and now I can't load it, the *.mca region data files are all 8KB of null bytes :( I just tried creating a new world, saved and exited, and then tried to reload and every time it has my character data but the world is regenerated and any changes I made are gone.

Edit: I'm not sure which one it was but I think either running the FTB launcher as administrator or loosening the firewall restrictions on Java seems to have it saving properly now. I'm leaning toward it being the latter.

I'd go with a re-install of the modpack. Sounds like you have a corruption issue, or something of the sort. In any case, a good old fassioned reboot of the pack's files should work fine.

torndar

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get a skeleton skull to make a soul binder in 1.0.1? I've killed at least 100 skeletons and so far nothing.

Edit: .... and I just got one. Make sure to empower The Ender if you are going skull hunting.

Last edited:

alyandon

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone been able to get a skeleton skull to make a soul binder in 1.0.1? I've killed at least 100 skeletons and so far nothing.

Edit: .... and I just got one. Make sure to empower The Ender if you are going skull hunting.

Adding looting via the Ender I/O enchanter also seems to help.

R

Resminz

ммм а как скачать ?
Чтобы скачать, надо иметь офф. аккаунт майнкрафта и скачать FTB Laucnher. Дальше залогиниться в лаунчере, ввести код "finem" и найти модпак в разделе "Модпаки от третьих лиц". Скачивайте и радуйтесь сборке.