[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
The main problem I had with Project E is that with it, there's no need to do any other creative ways to get resources. No need to ever create a quarry because once you have one ingot, you didn't need more, you could just pretty easily create more of what you need. It was just creative mode. If you needed more EMC, you just go into the Nether or Deep Dark with your Destruction Catalyst (3x3x16 slices of resources at a time) and come out with a ton of Niter or Platinum to convert to several million EMC in a couple of minutes.

Once you killed one Wither, you didn't need to kill more for nether stars. Just clone some more. So there was no need to create something a little more interesting to auto-kill wither skeletons for skulls and auto-kill withers for nether stars.

Once you created one piece of Epic Bacon, there was no need to do any other farming, you'd just clone more via EMC.

Really there was no need for AE even, since you just used Project E as an infinite bag of resources.

So once you unlock Project E, the pack felt "done" in a lot of ways. And you can easily unlock the major core of Project E in a weekend of play. I personally really, really love the pack with the exception of Project E. Project E was even a lot of fun, but in a lot of ways, we felt it "ruined" the balance of the pack. But its just an opinion. It's still a great, great pack with a new unique style of progression that is a hell of a lot of fun.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I've only used Project E to convert iron ingots into ender pearls, because I don't really want to wander out in the night just to look for Endermen for pearls.

Otherwise though, is it on purpose that certain recipes aren't shown in NEI? I thought I couldn't make tracks for ages because there was no recipe for standard rails, other than making them out of tracks. And there's no recipes for the Blood Magic Alchemic Chemistry set, so I can't figure out how to make a regen potion so that I can actually make my tier 3 blood orb.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I've only used Project E to convert iron ingots into ender pearls, because I don't really want to wander out in the night just to look for Endermen for pearls.

Otherwise though, is it on purpose that certain recipes aren't shown in NEI? I thought I couldn't make tracks for ages because there was no recipe for standard rails, other than making them out of tracks. And there's no recipes for the Blood Magic Alchemic Chemistry set, so I can't figure out how to make a regen potion so that I can actually make my tier 3 blood orb.
For both of those, it's due to the lack of NEI integration from the mods. You could probably find those things around the internet, but I'll see what to do in the meantime.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
What this discussion boils down to is having the self control to not use Project E if you felt it was OP. Just my opinion though.
Yeah, we started over this weekend with a slightly tweaked pack without Project E and a slightly nerfed Big Reactors. Should be interesting.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
For both of those, it's due to the lack of NEI integration from the mods. You could probably find those things around the internet, but I'll see what to do in the meantime.
All other packs I've played have had rolling machine recipes in NEI, dunno about Blood Magic potions though, they might not have been.

I tried making the Blood Magic potions, and found that without the tier 3 blood orb I can't make the catalyst, so no potions until I've made the really hard to make blood orb. Finally did make it though, took a full blood altar and 8 virgin villagers. At least, I think they were virgins. They gave me a lot of LP anyways.

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
So looks like with the update my NEI stopped working with the Transmutation Table. I mean I can still search using NEI, it is just when I go to pull out the item I searched for it grabs the item that was there when I opened the table. For instance, I have red matter at the top slot and I search for diamond; diamond appears at the top and i pull out a stack. When I pull it out the item is actually red matter and uses the appropriate EMC values.

Anyone else with this issue?

Also, how the heck do you get to the deep dark? Can't make deep dark portal b/c it takes a winter rune that takes snow. Can't make a glacial precipitator b/c it takes snow. Can't make RFTools dimension builder because that takes platinum which requires a trip to the deep dark. I've found no snow in the overworld yet and I doubt there is any. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
So looks like with the update my NEI stopped working with the Transmutation Table. I mean I can still search using NEI, it is just when I go to pull out the item I searched for it grabs the item that was there when I opened the table. For instance, I have red matter at the top slot and I search for diamond; diamond appears at the top and i pull out a stack. When I pull it out the item is actually red matter and uses the appropriate EMC values.

Also, how the heck do you get to the deep dark? Can't make deep dark portal b/c it takes a winter rune that takes snow. Can't make a glacial precipitator b/c it takes snow. Can't make RFTools dimension builder because that takes platinum which requires a trip to the deep dark. I've found no snow in the overworld yet and I doubt there is any. Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.
You get snow balls from the snowbell plant.

It took me a bit to realize this, then I remembered getting them when I played Running Red.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

Thanks.
For the NEI Searching, I haven't seen that yet. As for the snow, you can breed Snowbells, or you can find a river or ocean and build rather high up in the air. If you go high enough, it will snow instead of raining.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed two recipes for making buckets. One using the tank, brass and gold, and the other using a bucket and tin. Are we supposed to get two buckets out of this recipe, because I only get one bucket. And it uses up the bucket in the recipe. Essentially, all it does is eat three tin. It took me trying to make about half a dozen buckets before I gave up and made more brass.

On a different note! After spending all that time making a tier 3 blood orb, I have subequently lost it, so therefore have to make a new one. More villager sacrificing incoming!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I noticed two recipes for making buckets. One using the tank, brass and gold, and the other using a bucket and tin. Are we supposed to get two buckets out of this recipe, because I only get one bucket. And it uses up the bucket in the recipe. Essentially, all it does is eat three tin. It took me trying to make about half a dozen buckets before I gave up and made more brass.

On a different note! After spending all that time making a tier 3 blood orb, I have subequently lost it, so therefore have to make a new one. More villager sacrificing incoming!
Okay, I should have added a .reuse() there. Well, that's an easy enough fix.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour
Issue: Modular armour vanishes from your character if you are wearing it upon update.

Details: I updated from 1.0.14 to this latest version. I was wearing my modular armour at the time in the save file - when I arrived in game, I was nekkid and my modular armour was gone - not wearing it, and not in my inventory. So I reverted versions and my save, took my armor off so it was in my inventory, and then returned to the latest 1.0.16 version with this updated save. Now my modular armor was in my inventory.

Edited to add: I didn't test this with other armor, so I'm not sure if its just modular armour or if its any armour being worn.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
@Gideonseymour
Issue: Modular armour vanishes from your character if you are wearing it upon update.

Details: I updated from 1.0.14 to this latest version. I was wearing my modular armour at the time in the save file - when I arrived in game, I was nekkid and my modular armour was gone - not wearing it, and not in my inventory. So I reverted versions and my save, took my armor off so it was in my inventory, and then returned to the latest 1.0.16 version with this updated save. Now my modular armor was in my inventory.

Edited to add: I didn't test this with other armor, so I'm not sure if its just modular armour or if its any armour being worn.
I think it's all armor. It has to do with Infinite Inventory being added in 1.0.15+. Same thing happened to me with my Red Matter armor.

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's all armor. It has to do with Infinite Inventory being added in 1.0.15+. Same thing happened to me with my Red Matter armor.

Had the same thing happen. I'm not really liking Infinite Inventory. Neat concept, but I think it is interacting badly with several different mods.

Oh, and doesn't look like you can get snow from ocean or river biomes due to the rain/snow change happening at +280 and the fact that you can't build past +255.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
@Gideonseymour

Had the same thing happen. I'm not really liking Infinite Inventory. Neat concept, but I think it is interacting badly with several different mods.

Oh, and doesn't look like you can get snow from ocean or river biomes due to the rain/snow change happening at +280 and the fact that you can't build past +255.
Yeah, just tested this. Reporting to the dev. I'm going to move InfiniteInvo to a .disabled file in the next version. It's not working out as nice as I hoped.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things I've noticed.

Looks like the leadstone helm recipe is the same as the leadstone boots recipe.

Also, dense nether ore isn't real nether ore, so it's always safe to mine. You can go around cherry picking dense ores safely if you want. Maybe turn off dense ore for the nether if possible?

We've also noticed that the Thermal Expansion Machinist Workbench crafting table is a little buggy with the changed recipes. It doesn't return axes when making planks, it crafts the Ender IO capacitor banks with full energy instead of empty, etc. Maybe disabling that recipe is in order?

Yeah, just tested this. Reporting to the dev. I'm going to move InfiniteInvo to a .disabled file in the next version. It's not working out as nice as I hoped.
Unfortunately when you disable Infinite Inventory, the same thing happens. If you had armor on with Infinite Inventory enabled, it disappears when you disable it. :( So a big warning might be in order when you disable it.

Nezraddin

Jul 29, 2019
Phew... Erebus really creeps me out... I'm not a fan of insects and absolutely not of spiders... this place... *shivers*

A lil question about this:
Is the "bamboo shoot" very limited of where and when it grows?
I tried it first in normal sunlight then - after reading the saplings of erebus grow in darkness - in a cave, last back in erebus (volcanic desert biome where my portal is). But even with help of bonemeal and watering-can I cannot get them to grow.. do they only grow in the biome I found them in?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
This is the changelog for 1.0.17 and 1.0.18... Definitely didn't mess anything up and have to re-push it...
Client: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_18/PhoenixReborn.zip
Server: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_18/PhoenixRebornServer.zip
Code:
* Disabled InfiniteInvo
* Added LaunchGUI as a warning
* Added NEI Integration and NEI Addons
* Updated RFTools
* Updated BuildCraft
* Updated Applied Energistics 2
* Updated Blood Magic
* Updated EnderTech
* Fixed recipe for LeadStone Helm
* Disabled Recipe for the Machinist's Workbench (You still have the Project Table)
* Edited recipe for Snowbells to make them easier to obtain
* Increased the rarity of Biome Dimlets
* Fixed Bucket Recipe
* Removed the Iron Bucket from the Overworld Loot Tables (I saw you, Dr. Icepaws)
In the future (a couple updates from now), LaunchGUI will only detect when InfiniteInvo is enabled, and warn people about their armour slots.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
For bamboo shoots, biome temperature (hot is better, but not too hot), whether it can see the sun (sun isn't as good), and lots of water all help with bamboo shoot growth. (Also, I think bamboo shoots didn't work until 1.0.15+, so if you're on an old version of the pack, an update will be needed.)

In the overworld, Savannah biomes hit the right temperature for them. The different Mesa biomes are too hot. So in the overworld, put some blocks above them so they can't see the sun, and give them room to grow, and surround them with a lot of water and they should grow.

Reactions: buggirlexpres