[1.7.10] Phoenix Reborn [Tech/Magic] [Progression] [Ores]

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019
AHHA! Thanks! I thought I tried doing that, but it seems as though I derped up something chronic and missed that.

I think I have encountered a bug.
When exploring, my game slows down to a crawl, I still get high fps, but I can't move or do anything.
Here's what pops up in the log:
Code:
Jan 18, 2015 5:26:46 PM climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerLock func_75904_a
INFO: locking (10,-173) to 35 climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerCache@3b82af43
Jan 18, 2015 5:26:46 PM climateControl.customGenLayer.GenLayerLock func_75904_a
INFO: lock size 11404
What's causing this? I added fastcraft, is that what's causing this? Didn't do it pre-fastcraft.

I've been using Fastcraft since I started playing (beginning of January) and it's worked fine. Also updated a few days ago to the latest version, and that has also been working fine. Now, granted, I turn off log spam when I play. So, I'm not saying it isn't Fastcraft, just adding my information into the mix. ;)

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
I went exploring in Erebus today, and found some diamond ore there. I thought it had been disabled in Erebus, so that you could only get it in The Nether. It wasn't large amounts of diamonds, just a single ore in each vein, but there were three of them not far from each other.
I can't remember which biome it was in, I think it was the volcanic desert one, but I'd have to check the footage on my stream to be 100% on that.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Alright, finally an update.
Client: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_15/PhoenixReborn.zip
Server: http://ftb.cursecdn.com/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_15/PhoenixRebornServer.zip
Changelog:
Code:
* Updated Botania
* Updated RFTools
* Updated Witchery
* Updated The Erebus
* Updated Modular Armour
* Updated AgriCraft
* Added InfiniteInvo
* Added EMC values to things
* Added recipes for the AE2 presses
* Fixed the Klein Star Omega not having an EMC Value
* Probably some other things I forgot
Enjoy!

(New slots can be unlocked w/ XP)
*EDIT: Fixed links

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I went exploring in Erebus today, and found some diamond ore there. I thought it had been disabled in Erebus, so that you could only get it in The Nether. It wasn't large amounts of diamonds, just a single ore in each vein, but there were three of them not far from each other.
I can't remember which biome it was in, I think it was the volcanic desert one, but I'd have to check the footage on my stream to be 100% on that.
I'll take a look at it again.

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, finally an update.
Client: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_15/PhoenixReborn.zip
Server: http://losangeles1.creeperrepo.net/FTB2/privatepacks/PhoenixReborn/1_0_15/PhoenixRebornServer.zip
Changelog:
Code:
* Updated Botania
* Updated RFTools
* Updated Witchery
* Updated The Erebus
* Updated Modular Armour
* Updated AgriCraft
* Added InfiniteInvo
* Added EMC values to things
* Added recipes for the AE2 presses
* Fixed the Klein Star Omega not having an EMC Value
* Probably some other things I forgot
Enjoy!

(New slots can be unlocked w/ XP)
Linkz are borken plz fix :) :)
*adjusts modulation*
The links send me to a seemingly broken webpage on CreeperHost. Anybody else have this issue?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
We ended up removing InfiniteInvo from the new update on our server. It was pretty buggy for us. (Bought slots would revert back to unbought, screwed up the UI on things like the Dimensional Transceivers, armor was all gone when we first logged in, etc.)

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of comments on the pack. My group is pretty far along and we're liking it a lot. But, it's definitely on the easy side. My group is talking about starting again with some config changes next time. We'll probably remove Project E. It made things way, way too easy. We hadn't really used it before, so I'm glad it was in the pack, but crazy over powered. :)

We'll probably change Big Reactors config back to the default. I'm a huge Big Reactor fan, but having the powerProduction at 3.0 is just crazy. It's on the over-powered side to begin with, really. My normal turbine design does 28k RF/t on the normal config, but it does 84k RF/t with 3x power in Phoenix Reborn.

Not sure yet what else we'll tweak to make things last a little longer, but those are the top ones we've noticed so far.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
We ended up removing InfiniteInvo from the new update on our server. It was pretty buggy for us. (Bought slots would revert back to unbought, screwed up the UI on things like the Dimensional Transceivers, armor was all gone when we first logged in, etc.)
I'm not a fan of infiniteInv as it is too buggy for my likings and doesnt work well with invtweaks
Yeah, it and the pack are due to be updated tomorrow, so the bugs will hopefully be fixed.
A couple of comments on the pack. My group is pretty far along and we're liking it a lot. But, it's definitely on the easy side. My group is talking about starting again with some config changes next time. We'll probably remove Project E. It made things way, way too easy. We hadn't really used it before, so I'm glad it was in the pack, but crazy over powered. :)

We'll probably change Big Reactors config back to the default. I'm a huge Big Reactor fan, but having the powerProduction at 3.0 is just crazy. It's on the over-powered side to begin with, really. My normal turbine design does 28k RF/t on the normal config, but it does 84k RF/t with 3x power in Phoenix Reborn.

Not sure yet what else we'll tweak to make things last a little longer, but those are the top ones we've noticed so far.
Feel free. We just provide the base pack.

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
If you place a bamboo torch and then break it, most of the time it gives you two back, so basically once you make one you get infinite torches.

Also I can't seem to hit blocks with chisel, they just temporary disappear.

Last edited:

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
If you place a bamboo torch and then break it, most of the time it gives you two back, so basically once you make one you get infinite torches.

Also I can't seem to hit blocks with chisel, they just temporary disappear.
I haven't had a problem with Chisel, and as for the Bamboo torches - were you using 1.0.15?

Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

cris.p.33

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't had a problem with Chisel, and as for the Bamboo torches - were you using 1.0.15?

I was on 1.0.15. Just grabbed the update to .16 and Chisel was still making blocks disappear until I right clicked on a block next to them, but I went into the config and saw that the left click blocks is set to false so that explains that. This is only the 2nd modpack I've used Chisel in so I didn't realize it could be shut on and off. The bamboo torches are still giving out double torches most of the time though.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
The bamboo torches give 2 (dupe) if you hit the base and 1 if you hit the top, consistently.

You can point at a grass block like 1 step away and press both mouse buttons at once to place / break quickly and get a ton of bamboo torches quickly.

Omnirach

Jul 29, 2019
It's good to see this pack getting more attention. It's the most stable and balanced pack I've found for 1.7.10 so far. There are other packs on the forums here that are buggy as all heck, or very unbalanced, and are far more popular. Doesn't make sense to me.
I know I'll be sticking with this pack for a long time, I have many many plans for my world.

Sibmer

Jul 29, 2019
It's good to see this pack getting more attention. It's the most stable and balanced pack I've found for 1.7.10 so far. There are other packs on the forums here that are buggy as all heck, or very unbalanced, and are far more popular. Doesn't make sense to me.
I know I'll be sticking with this pack for a long time, I have many many plans for my world.
Not sure how any pack that includes Project E could really be considered balanced. :) The progression in the pack is great and it's fun, but not really balanced. I agree it's one of the best packs with a nice unique progression system.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how any pack that includes Project E could really be considered balanced. :) The progression in the pack is great and it's fun, but not really balanced. I agree it's one of the best packs with a nice unique progression system.
In my mind balance is not defined as having to grind and mine for hours and hours to get all of the resources you need like gregtechs balance but instead this has a more effective form of balance. The nature of this pack requires you to progress through each of the main mods in it in order to get to the OP stuff like project E, which can only be used to get things you already have found. This also means that If you have gotten to the dimension where you can find a specific ore then you can just use project E's Trans Table to learn it instead of mining the buttload of ores that generate.