[1.7.10] Phoenix Craft! v2.0.07 [Skylands] [Tech/Magic]

Any suggestions?

• Better maintenance. (Bugs, crashes, etc)

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • More minetweaking. (Recipe adding, etc)

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Quicker updates.

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Better lore.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • No, the pack is good the way is for now.

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Screenshot 2014-11-28 10.19.55.png

Probably the most expensive recipe I made. Lore-wise, the pocket computer is rather small, so you couldn't fit a power source and a wireless modem in the same build, so you decide to use a tesseract instead, and have it supply both power and wireless signals. However, since you are sending wireless signals, you need a powerful processor, so you use a computational matrix. The signalum gears extend the modified tesseract so it can send and receive data, and also act as a conduit between the tesseract and the computer. That's a big thing for my recipes. I like my recipes to have lore, and have the ingredients make sense in that lore. All of the computer recipes have a display, a power source, and a processor. Turtles have storage and movement, and wireless things have antennae.

thepete89

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to add JourneyMap, just to have a nice map, especially when playing skylands. However I'm not sure if that would work very well.

E: Ninja'd :D Well then I will add JourneyMap.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Lanigera

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pack still being maintained? I have an issue that I was considering posting to the github, but here and there it's the same: the last update for several as-yet unresolved issues is "I'll look into it". Assuming updates will be forthcoming, here is my present issue which I'm trying to find a solution for:

Even fixing the Vis Filter visibilty issue in the pack manually (https://github.com/PhoenixTeamMC/PhoenixCraft/issues/58) It's still not possible to make vis filters. The custom recipe for Vis Filters requires Ethereal Bloom, which needs Taint aspect as an ingredient. Taint is biome-dependent.

This is a pseudo-skyblock map, and at least for my server: there's neither Silverwood nor Taint within 2000+ blocks in any direction from spawn in any dimension. Wisps, at least, can be found in the nether in limited quantities.
No taint = no ethereal bloom = no vis filters = no Thaumcraft.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Is this pack still being maintained? I have an issue that I was considering posting to the github, but here and there it's the same: the last update for several as-yet unresolved issues is "I'll look into it". Assuming updates will be forthcoming, here is my present issue which I'm trying to find a solution for:

Even fixing the Vis Filter visibilty issue in the pack manually (https://github.com/PhoenixTeamMC/PhoenixCraft/issues/58) It's still not possible to make vis filters. The custom recipe for Vis Filters requires Ethereal Bloom, which needs Taint aspect as an ingredient. Taint is biome-dependent.

This is a pseudo-skyblock map, and at least for my server: there's neither Silverwood nor Taint within 2000+ blocks in any direction from spawn in any dimension. Wisps, at least, can be found in the nether in limited quantities.
No taint = no ethereal bloom = no vis filters = no Thaumcraft.
When you say skyblock, you mean skylands, right? This pack was never made with skyblock intended.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't heard from @Elec332 in a while, I would say holidays and other things more than likely. I don't know the exact vision on some things or I would post some pull requests to the git

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The trick for taint in a void(ish) world is to create it with a crucible. That and taint spread are disabled for some reason, making this method impossible.

The other alternative is to trap animals in small places, poison them so they only have one heart left, then vent flux gas into the small pen. They'll die from flux taint and become tainted animals. You could then kill them for the tainted items. You can also do this with creepers, which create a small area of taint when they explode.