[1.7.10] Phoenix Craft! v2.0.07 [Skylands] [Tech/Magic]

Any suggestions?

• Better maintenance. (Bugs, crashes, etc)

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • More minetweaking. (Recipe adding, etc)

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Quicker updates.

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • Better lore.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • No, the pack is good the way is for now.

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

guille2015

Jul 29, 2019
I am having issue with the Pneumaticraft Mod. There is a need to to advanced by placing a villager in the Pressure chamber and changing them into an Engineer, thus allowing you to trade blueprints with him. However, after converting the villager, they retain the same trade options as before. So, the tech tree in Pneumaticraft and Mekanism stops here.

Reactions: pc_assassin

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The recipe for blood sockets is frakking ridiculous. For one empty socket, you need 9 diamonds, 9 ender pearls, and 9 iron. Besides the cost to turn those to their mana equivalents, you also need 4.5 mana pools worth of mana to make that into terrasteel. After that, you infuse it with 1/5 of a mana pool, which puts the value up to 4.7 mana pools of mana. For one socket. For the full armor set? that's 112.8 mana pools worth of mana, 216 diamonds, pearls, and iron. That's just plain crazy. I mean there's expensive, then there's downright impossible. You'd need to gather mana for weeks or build a stupid amount of mana generators to make that much. I mean I'm all for making bound armor more expensive but good god this is going way too far.

Here's an alternative: 4 gaia souls, 4 imbued slates, and a terrasteel exosuit plate in the middle. The cost breakdown is as follows:

Slates: Requires a tier-3 blood altar and a decent amount of blood.
Souls: Half a terrasteel ingot, but also requires late-game botania materials for the gaia pylons.
Exosuit plate: The materials to produce plates is basically vanilla resources. Just bricks or nether bricks. Besides that, 1 terrasteel makes 1.5 terrasteel plants. You need 4 plates for the exosuit plate, meaning a total of 3 terrasteel, with half a plate left over. that's 2 and two thirds terrasteel total.
Total Mana: .25+1.3 = 1.55 mana pools per socket.

This recipe values progression over stupid amounts of resources. With the current recipe, you can stay in early-game botania, just make stupid amounts of flowers and make the thing. With this recipe, you have to go into endgame botania mechanics to get the socket. If you disagree with me, then I'd like to see you make 216 freaking terrasteel ingots. Tell me how long that takes you.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The recipe for blood sockets is frakking ridiculous. For one empty socket, you need 9 diamonds, 9 ender pearls, and 9 iron. Besides the cost to turn those to their mana equivalents, you also need 4.5 mana pools worth of mana to make that into terrasteel. After that, you infuse it with 1/5 of a mana pool, which puts the value up to 4.7 mana pools of mana. For one socket. For the full armor set? that's 112.8 mana pools worth of mana, 216 diamonds, pearls, and iron. That's just plain crazy. I mean there's expensive, then there's downright impossible. You'd need to gather mana for weeks or build a stupid amount of mana generators to make that much. I mean I'm all for making bound armor more expensive but good god this is going way too far.

Here's an alternative: 4 gaia souls, 4 imbued slates, and a terrasteel exosuit plate in the middle. The cost breakdown is as follows:

Slates: Requires a tier-3 blood altar and a decent amount of blood.
Souls: Half a terrasteel ingot, but also requires late-game botania materials for the gaia pylons.
Exosuit plate: The materials to produce plates is basically vanilla resources. Just bricks or nether bricks. Besides that, 1 terrasteel makes 1.5 terrasteel plants. You need 4 plates for the exosuit plate, meaning a total of 3 terrasteel, with half a plate left over. that's 2 and two thirds terrasteel total.
Total Mana: .25+1.3 = 1.55 mana pools per socket.

This recipe values progression over stupid amounts of resources. With the current recipe, you can stay in early-game botania, just make stupid amounts of flowers and make the thing. With this recipe, you have to go into endgame botania mechanics to get the socket. If you disagree with me, then I'd like to see you make 216 freaking terrasteel ingots. Tell me how long that takes you.
I like you're thinking. @Elec332 if you would like to change it go 'head. I have other projects to work on
hint hint I'm doing a thing

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
make a PR for those cleaned up configs when you're finished ;)
Will do.

Oh, and @PurpleMentat You know buildcraft has a config option that disables buildcraft's automated miners, right? This line right here:

# disables the recipes for automated mining machines
B:mining.enabled=true

Simply set that to false in the server's config file and the quarry and mining well can't be crafted any more.

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Well I'm starting over. Turns out the configs in the pack are slightly outdated. But that's not the only reason. I also want to go through and make notes on possible tweaks to the recipes, like I suggested with the socket thing.

But before I even start that, I have a buttload of C++ homework to do, and that takes priority.

Last edited:

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Once I actually get around to writing my botania-magical crops bridge, would you consider adding magical crops to the pack with that config? The main thing with me is I like to make my resources instead of mine them. I strongly prefer laser drills over ender quarries. The thing is, as far as I know, there's three methods of reliably generating resources like that currenty in the pack since MFR isn't in.

There's Botania's Orechid, which is basically the magical version of the laser drill, plus it's even still powerable with RF if you set it up right. The second one is bees, but those get old fast once you've done it like twenty times. Gendustry makes it better, but there's no gendustry in this pack. Then there's the third option, which is oreberries or thaumcraft alchemy, but there's no reliable way to get redstone or certus quartz and stuff from that.

With magical crops, I can farm my resources without much hassle. With my scipt, the mod will be much more difficult to get into, and with the other mod integration stuff built around botania, it will require some bit of infrastructure in more than just botania, which sounds really neat.

Also, how I like to set up the magical crops config is like so: I make getting bonus seeds from a crop really rare, but still in the realm of possibility. This means that if you set it up in an automated farm, then it will slowly but surely expand, but one is encouraged to craft additional seeds instead of relying on the double seed drop.

The other thing I do is edit the recipe for magical fertilizer and add a recipe for essence seeds. This way, you can start out by endlessly destroying tall grass, but it's also possible to get essence crops from mining the ore and making other crops first. The recipe I use is 5 nature essence, 4 essence dust, and a seed. This requires you to farm to get the nature essence to expand your farm, and gives a great alternative to going Link, except with essence seeds instead of rupees.

My magical fertilizer recipe is 4 regular essence, 4 nature essence, and a bonemeal bag. This produces four fertilizer. The idea here is to provide a boost with stuff that's grown from crops, but still require a bit of extra work outside of farming (at least until you get skelly crops). The bonemeal requires you to either start killing stuff at night, set up a skelly grinder, or alternatively go to the Nether and mine up bones. Doing so will greatly boost farms. The essence cost is decent, but not at all ridiculous. Nature essence requires you to grow stuff without fertilizer, and makes fertilizer more redily available toe more crops you have growing at once. This encourages players to get lots of seeds to speed up resource gen. The issue with the default recipe is it's extremely late-game and quite expensive. By the time you can realistically get it, it's pretty much useless. With my recipe, it provides a decent boost, while still bottlenecking the production of it.With this, you can use your essence to make new crops or make fertilizer to get more resources. For reference, te total essence cost is 64 dust, or 16 per fertilizer.

Of course the fertilizer recipe, and magical crops as a whole actually, is a sensitive topic. Make it too easy, and it gets stupidly overpowered. Make it too hard, and it becomes absolutely useless. Get a nice middle ground though, and you get a great resource gathering option without punishing players who don't use it.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Once I actually get around to writing my botania-magical crops bridge, would you consider adding magical crops to the pack with that config? The main thing with me is I like to make my resources instead of mine them. I strongly prefer laser drills over ender quarries. The thing is, as far as I know, there's three methods of reliably generating resources like that currenty in the pack since MFR isn't in.

There's Botania's Orechid, which is basically the magical version of the laser drill, plus it's even still powerable with RF if you set it up right. The second one is bees, but those get old fast once you've done it like twenty times. Gendustry makes it better, but there's no gendustry in this pack. Then there's the third option, which is oreberries or thaumcraft alchemy, but there's no reliable way to get redstone or certus quartz and stuff from that.

With magical crops, I can farm my resources without much hassle. With my scipt, the mod will be much more difficult to get into, and with the other mod integration stuff built around botania, it will require some bit of infrastructure in more than just botania, which sounds really neat.

Also, how I like to set up the magical crops config is like so: I make getting bonus seeds from a crop really rare, but still in the realm of possibility. This means that if you set it up in an automated farm, then it will slowly but surely expand, but one is encouraged to craft additional seeds instead of relying on the double seed drop.

The other thing I do is edit the recipe for magical fertilizer and add a recipe for essence seeds. This way, you can start out by endlessly destroying tall grass, but it's also possible to get essence crops from mining the ore and making other crops first. The recipe I use is 5 nature essence, 4 essence dust, and a seed. This requires you to farm to get the nature essence to expand your farm, and gives a great alternative to going Link, except with essence seeds instead of rupees.

My magical fertilizer recipe is 4 regular essence, 4 nature essence, and a bonemeal bag. This produces four fertilizer. The idea here is to provide a boost with stuff that's grown from crops, but still require a bit of extra work outside of farming (at least until you get skelly crops). The bonemeal requires you to either start killing stuff at night, set up a skelly grinder, or alternatively go to the Nether and mine up bones. Doing so will greatly boost farms. The essence cost is decent, but not at all ridiculous. Nature essence requires you to grow stuff without fertilizer, and makes fertilizer more redily available toe more crops you have growing at once. This encourages players to get lots of seeds to speed up resource gen. The issue with the default recipe is it's extremely late-game and quite expensive. By the time you can realistically get it, it's pretty much useless. With my recipe, it provides a decent boost, while still bottlenecking the production of it.With this, you can use your essence to make new crops or make fertilizer to get more resources. For reference, te total essence cost is 64 dust, or 16 per fertilizer.

Of course the fertilizer recipe, and magical crops as a whole actually, is a sensitive topic. Make it too easy, and it gets stupidly overpowered. Make it too hard, and it becomes absolutely useless. Get a nice middle ground though, and you get a great resource gathering option without punishing players who don't use it.
I absolutely love this idea. Does anyone have any problems with it?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I absolutely love this idea. Does anyone have any problems with it?
I'll add my custom MC recipes in Botanical Crops, along with a fix for any broken seeds, like oil.

Oh, and I noticed the computercraft file in the github, so I just spent like 3 hours planning out TE-themed recipes that look nice, make good sense lore-wise, and are decently balanced. I haven't written anything yet, but I like the recipes I've laid out. I'm using TE because I love the clearly laid-out tiers it supplies.

And by the way, I'm doing awesome minetweaker stuff to try to get on the team as a minetweaker dude. Just bringing that up.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
And by the way, I'm doing awesome minetweaker stuff to try to get on the team as a minetweaker dude. Just bringing that up.
You are currently in the straw poll phase, usually people there get in unless someone has a major problem with them, or we just added someone (which we haven't)