[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

progwiz

Jul 29, 2019
I have so much silver, but pretty much no lead, so I'm just going to cheat 1 lead in for every 40 blocks I mine foward. :p

Splitface2811

Jul 29, 2019
I think I found a bug. I went to my first dimension and everything was black. I logged out of the world to see if it would fix. But it didn't let me back in for some reason. Hop this can be fixed.

EDIT:after reloading the whole game it seems to have fixed its self.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I think I found a bug. I went to my first dimension and everything was black. I logged out of the world to see if it would fix. But it didn't let me back in for some reason. Hop this can be fixed.

EDIT:after reloading the whole game it seems to have fixed its self.
When I went to my first dimension the first time, it was night and the glowstone blocks in the starting platform weren't working for some reason, so everything was pitch-black (thanks to... whichever mod causes light level 0 to actually be completely black) until I placed down one of the torches I brought from the Pathfinder. Are you sure that you weren't just experiencing the same thing?

Barditron

Jul 29, 2019
When I went to my first dimension the first time, it was night and the glowstone blocks in the starting platform weren't working for some reason, so everything was pitch-black (thanks to... whichever mod causes light level 0 to actually be completely black) until I placed down one of the torches I brought from the Pathfinder. Are you sure that you weren't just experiencing the same thing?
My first time dimension was also eternal night, though my glowstone worked fine, what is your brightness set to? I restarted and added a lucky bright night dimlet so my new world is basically eternal day.

I know ender zoo does the pitch black night, can't remember if that's in the pack.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
My first time dimension was also eternal night, though my glowstone worked fine, what is your brightness set to? I restarted and added a lucky bright night dimlet so my new world is basically eternal day.

I know ender zoo does the pitch black night, can't remember if that's in the pack.
My dimension actually has a normal day/night cycle; it was just night when I first got there. Pretty sure my brightness is set to Moody (or whatever they've renamed the minimum now), but even then, you can still see a little bit in complete darkness in Vanilla. There's some mod in Pathfinder- not sure which one; could be Ender Zoo, but I'd be surprised- that makes darkness, even normal nighttime darkness (light level 4ish), absolutely black.

This is what I thought Splitface might've been experiencing with his darkness bug.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
OK, so I wanted to play this pack. I had the same problems as others, went to the first world, it was all dark. I logged out, tried to come back in and it crashes my game. I get to the menu screen and then goodbye. And it only gives a standard generic NPE error. Anyone else have issue like this?
Time: 3/27/15 9:27 PM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NullPointerException: Unexpected error
at net.minecraft.item.crafting.CraftingManager.func_82787_a(CraftingManager.java:323)
at net.minecraft.inventory.ContainerPlayer.func_75130_a(ContainerPlayer.java:80)
at net.minecraft.inventory.InventoryCrafting.func_70299_a(SourceFile:81)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.func_75215_d(Slot.java:77)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75131_a(SourceFile:390)
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147241_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1052)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S30PacketWindowItems.func_148833_a(SourceFile:49)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S30PacketWindowItems.func_148833_a(SourceFile:11)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1590)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:961)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.item.crafting.CraftingManager.func_82787_a(CraftingManager.java:323)
at net.minecraft.inventory.ContainerPlayer.func_75130_a(ContainerPlayer.java:80)
at net.minecraft.inventory.InventoryCrafting.func_70299_a(SourceFile:81)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Slot.func_75215_d(Slot.java:77)
at net.minecraft.inventory.Container.func_75131_a(SourceFile:390)
at net.minecraft.client.network.NetHandlerPlayClient.func_147241_a(NetHandlerPlayClient.java:1052)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S30PacketWindowItems.func_148833_a(SourceFile:49)
at net.minecraft.network.play.server.S30PacketWindowItems.func_148833_a(SourceFile:11)
at net.minecraft.network.NetworkManager.func_74428_b(NetworkManager.java:212)
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.PlayerControllerMP.func_78765_e(PlayerControllerMP.java:273)

-- Affected level --
Details:
Level name: MpServer
All players: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['Mogymog'/5, l='MpServer', x=8.50, y=92.62, z=8.50]]
Chunk stats: MultiplayerChunkCache: 0, 0
Level seed: 0
Level generator: ID 01 - flat, ver 0. Features enabled: false
Level generator options:
Level spawn location: World: (19,64,5), Chunk: (at 3,4,5 in 1,0; contains blocks 16,0,0 to 31,255,15), Region: (0,0; contains chunks 0,0 to 31,31, blocks 0,0,0 to 511,255,511)
Level time: 188854 game time, 188854 day time
Level dimension: 0
Level storage version: 0x00000 - Unknown?
Level weather: Rain time: 0 (now: false), thunder time: 0 (now: false)
Level game mode: Game mode: survival (ID 0). Hardcore: false. Cheats: false
Forced entities: 1 total; [EntityClientPlayerMP['Mogymog'/5, l='MpServer', x=8.50, y=92.62, z=8.50]]
Retry entities: 0 total; []
Server brand: fml,forge
Server type: Integrated singleplayer server
Stacktrace:
at net.minecraft.client.multiplayer.WorldClient.func_72914_a(WorldClient.java:373)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71396_d(Minecraft.java:2432)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:916)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

-- System Details --

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
First off, are you sure that the darkness was a bug, and not the hardcore nighttime darkness added by one of the mods? Did you try placing a torch?

Second, this might be the same bug that Splitface posted about earlier. If you close Minecraft completely, then log back in, does it crash?

As for your NPE, though... that looks like a bug. I don't know what to say about it.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
First off, are you sure that the darkness was a bug, and not the hardcore nighttime darkness added by one of the mods? Did you try placing a torch?

Second, this might be the same bug that Splitface posted about earlier. If you close Minecraft completely, then log back in, does it crash?

As for your NPE, though... that looks like a bug. I don't know what to say about it.
Yeah thats why I can't log back into the world for, cause I went out of the world and shut down... ok I tried something and it works. Appears it was my resource pack that was causing it... Huh, never had a texture pack cause an NPE before like that, well that sucks.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome dimension, iron for days! no eons!

The dimension first crashed on me, I had to manually update RFTools to 2.72 to get it to work.

Homarid

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the previous responses. They helped a bunch. I actually finished the quest line today.

Apparently the answer to my inventory woes was a second golden bag of holding. That way I had one for my "stuff" and another for whatever I was picking up.

A tip for other people struggling. The best way I found to farm unknown dimlets was to create a flat world. It is far easier to see the buildings that have them on the map this way. I got really lucky and got the diamond and coal block materials and used them to instantly go into projecte. I also could have used gold or emerald, but coal is pretty essential to get the initial dark matter for the transmutation table. After that find a high emc resource and you are set for the pack.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the previous responses. They helped a bunch. I actually finished the quest line today.

Apparently the answer to my inventory woes was a second golden bag of holding. That way I had one for my "stuff" and another for whatever I was picking up.

A tip for other people struggling. The best way I found to farm unknown dimlets was to create a flat world. It is far easier to see the buildings that have them on the map this way. I got really lucky and got the diamond and coal block materials and used them to instantly go into projecte. I also could have used gold or emerald, but coal is pretty essential to get the initial dark matter for the transmutation table. After that find a high emc resource and you are set for the pack.

Ohh, I a jealous now, diamond! I made the iron world above to gather heaps of it to transmute up into gold and then make a gold world, transmute that to diamonds and then finally create a diamond dimlet (needs 128 blocks of diamonds).

Arbitrary

Jul 29, 2019
I keep finding myself frustrated by @Gideonseymour and his evil meddling in configs and then decide - ok, I'm going to accept this barrier and find a way around it. That being said, I mined for a very long time to get the diamonds and coal necessary to build the transmutation table and used up those diamonds and coal in the process only to find that I can't use EMC to make more diamonds or the lapis that is so incredibly difficult to find. I probably wouldn't have invested those diamonds in the table if I'd known this.

But, the post above reminds me that I really do have a tool to get everything I need - rftools. Obviously the point of this pack.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Think I'll go finish my second run of pack today, this one was with mobs on & still no deaths :), my self imposed rules was ironman mode, one life only, then come up with some way to wrap up the Captains log thing in some interesting way.

Edit:
Oh & before I forget again tnx Mr Seymour for an interesting & at times frustrating pack.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
Does the [Peaceful] tag mean I should play this pack on peaceful or does it mean that the worlds are relatively peaceful?

MadMax-X

Jan 12, 2014
Does the [Peaceful] tag mean I should play this pack on peaceful or does it mean that the worlds are relatively peaceful?
It means the pack should be played on peaceful, and by default it should already be on peaceful when you start.