[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

AuoroP

Jul 29, 2019
Why does a single bug make experimenting silly? BTW. I will try what you say and fix it if that indeed crashes the game. Edit: didn't manage to crash it. Can you tell me exactly what dimlets you used and also what crash you had?

BTW, using Feature None together with other feature dimlets is not that useful.

What do you mean by cheaper models btw?

Testing seems silly to me because my first experiment crashed the game, and I had to restart the client a couple times to find a usable backup; that alone exceeds my patience for boring. The list of dimlets I used for my first custom dimension was rather long. I accidentally used Feature None when I meant to use Material None and changing that allowed me to /backup and see what the first dimension I created but I crashed while exploring and gave up until the pack is updated.

Regarding cheaper models, Mystcraft and Bibiocraft make the world prettier by adding their own custom 3d models for things instead of skinning a cube; cheap isn't necessarily worse; I remember seeing someone stream compare the lag in dimension vs ages and she was moving into a dimension because lag made the age unlivable.

Added From memory:
Terrain Islands
Features: orbs, tendrils
Jump effect
Time evening
Sky body sun and moon
Blue sky

Tendrils and orbs were meant to have materials specified.
One of those materials was meant to be none but used feature none instead and crashed.

Last edited:

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
I have a slight(major) problem. Every time I make a world in 1.0.0(1.0.1-latest doesn't even run world regardless) I enterand play fine. I exit and try to enter again and it crashes every time. I have reinstalled 5 times but only have the latest crash logs. Is there a solution to this problem it is very annoying.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4GB 256 perm
4G RAM may actually be too much if you're not using a high-res texturepack. Java is actually pretty bad at managing memory if you give it too much- it waits until the whole allocation is nearly filled up before the "garbage collector", as it's called, kicks in and clears out all the memory that's marked as "in use", but isn't actually being used. If you give Java too much RAM, it may try to clear out multiple gigabytes of memory at once, which takes long enough (with the GC using all the CPU it can) that the rest of the program freezes up long enough for you to notice, which results in a lag spike.

Also, your operating system may use 1-2 GB of RAM, so if you only have 4GB of RAM and you give Java 3GB, the memory that doesn't fit in the available RAM will be swapped to your hard drive, which is extremely slow (compared to RAM), so you'll get terrible performance. At least, if your OS doesn't run out of memory and explode.

Try 2GB, and if you get out of memory errors, 2.5 or 3.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I'm looking at mcJty's examples at https://github.com/McJty/RFTools/wiki/RFTools-Dimensions

In each case, a terrain dimlet gets preceded by only 1 liquid and 1 material dimlet. Is that the maximum number of effective modifier dimlets before terrains, 1 of each? (makes sense just confirming)

• Material None
  • Liquid None
  • Terrain xxx (fill in at your own leasure)

For terrain yes, you can use only 1 modifier of each. Some features (like oregen) support more materials.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I just found that while wooden torches only give you one torch per lump of coal, TiCon gives you four stone torches per coal lump and stone tool rod. Is this intended?

Also, the bug where items shift-clicked in a TiCon crafting station sometimes vanish outright is annoying. I just lost some stone to that- which isn't nearly as bad as those fish I lost earlier.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I just found that while wooden torches only give you one torch per lump of coal, TiCon gives you four stone torches per coal lump and stone tool rod. Is this intended?

Also, the bug where items shift-clicked in a TiCon crafting station sometimes vanish outright is annoying. I just lost some stone to that- which isn't nearly as bad as those fish I lost earlier.

Bug has to do with the blocked inventory slots I think.

Platoonsgt1

Jul 29, 2019
Playing some pathfinder tonight. Particularly dumb question gents: which of these fricking machines is actually running my dimensions, ie sustaining the RF cost?
Since it doesn't look like you found the appropriate answer to this, the Pathfinder modpack disabled RF usage for dimensions. The creative builder is only used to make the dimension, and does so instantly at no RF cost. You don't need to supply power to that dimension any longer (besides the teleporter pads to get in/out of it, of course)

Reactions: Pyure

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday I've made my first custom dimension (for sol quest).

I've used Effect none, Material Netherrack, Materieal Soul sand, Terrain normal, 2 Features (I dont remember the names) and a sky body.

Creating the dimension in the inscriber was fine but when I put the tab in the dimension builder I crash instantly.

Now every time I try to log on my server I got internat server error and can't connect.

My friend didn't too.

I've no valid backups (mistake made backups unreadable).

I'm stuck now :(

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I made a cool dimension with stuff I need, nether quartz ore terrain, temporal ore orb and liquid ender lakes.

The problem I get now is that I crash when in that dimension (the crash log indicated something about memory and the baginses mod). I believe MC is struggling to handle all the exploding nether ores in the new chunks.

Can I temporarily disable the exploding of nether ores so that I can get the dimension stable?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Yesterday I've made my first custom dimension (for sol quest).

I've used Effect none, Material Netherrack, Materieal Soul sand, Terrain normal, 2 Features (I dont remember the names) and a sky body.

Creating the dimension in the inscriber was fine but when I put the tab in the dimension builder I crash instantly.

Now every time I try to log on my server I got internat server error and can't connect.

My friend didn't too.

I've no valid backups (mistake made backups unreadable).

I'm stuck now :(

Do you have a crashlog? Also what version of pathfinder/rftools?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Ok, so I made a cool dimension with stuff I need, nether quartz ore terrain, temporal ore orb and liquid ender lakes.

The problem I get now is that I crash when in that dimension (the crash log indicated something about memory and the baginses mod). I believe MC is struggling to handle all the exploding nether ores in the new chunks.

Can I temporarily disable the exploding of nether ores so that I can get the dimension stable?

Hmm. this has been reported before. I'm curious as to why the nether ores explode even before you start mining them. Maybe there is an option in the netherores config to disable this?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. this has been reported before. I'm curious as to why the nether ores explode even before you start mining them. Maybe there is an option in the netherores config to disable this?
I disabled the chain reaction option (in the power crystals configuration) lets see what that does.

Maybe the explosions can be triggered by fire? I sure see a lot of fire now, not sure if there was fire or surface lava when I first loaded the dimension.

Edit: Ok, disabling the chain reactions make the dimension stable (after another initial wave o explosions). Downside is that my tech bag got corrupted, I now have 2 tool bags....

Last edited:

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a crashlog? Also what version of pathfinder/rftools?
I know I must provide a crash log but I'm at work now but when I go home I'll put it in message.

EDIT : I've checked the server and no crash log at all. I'll check my client when at home.

My server use the 1.0.2 version of the modpack.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Well I got the dimension stable.... time to loot.

And at night

Very nice. I think I might have to do something about those nether ores though. It would be unfortunate but if I can't get them to behave well then I will probably have to disable them from being selected randomly for the main landscape (you can then still insert them manually if you want, they will just not be generated at random).

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Even better is to check for the mod and use the nether version of the ore modifier to generate those same ores in netherrack when generated.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2