[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Roxforbraynz

Jul 29, 2019
The quest "Aeon" from the "Intrepid" page won't pick up the Block of Coal Dimlet and I can't complete the quest. Just thought you should know.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The quest "Aeon" from the "Intrepid" page won't pick up the Block of Coal Dimlet and I can't complete the quest. Just thought you should know.

Yes, that's a known issue. The dimlet format has changed in 2.60 and the quests have to be adapted for that. Just complete the quest with /hqm edit (I think that was the command)

Reactions: Roxforbraynz

Roxforbraynz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that's a known issue. The dimlet format has changed in 2.60 and the quests have to be adapted for that. Just complete the quest with /hqm edit (I think that was the command)

Yep, that was the command. Thanks for the information on the work-around. Great response time too!

J.A.F.U

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, Could I just ask why i even have to go onto the word i created with RFTools? Coz I don't even need to get many resources to just jump back onto my pathfinder... shouldn't the teleporter things be made outta different materials? Or are the quests not done yet, coz only the fist 2 quest lines have quests in them.

Maybe i'm missing something, as I haven't played much of the pack, due to the fact that the quests seem useless and that I'm wasting time "living" on my created dimension. If someone could reassure me that there is more that just going from ship to dimension then please do.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hey, Could I just ask why i even have to go onto the word i created with RFTools? Coz I don't even need to get many resources to just jump back onto my pathfinder... shouldn't the teleporter things be made outta different materials? Or are the quests not done yet, coz only the fist 2 quest lines have quests in them.

Maybe i'm missing something, as I haven't played much of the pack, due to the fact that the quests seem useless and that I'm wasting time "living" on my created dimension. If someone could reassure me that there is more that just going from ship to dimension then please do.

Well you need to go to that world to get food, wood, and other materials to proceed with the quests. How else are you going to solve the quests?

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Warning. Found a bug in RFTools 2.60. The first dimlet in the enscriber is not parsed right. Put a 'digit' dimlet there for now!
Is that the crash with the string exception? I just created a new dimension without any dimlets. Crashes every time. If you need the crash report, let me know.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Is that the crash with the string exception? I just created a new dimension without any dimlets. Crashes every time. If you need the crash report, let me know.

Yes, a crash report for that would be interesting as that appears to be something else. And I'm preparing new release.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, a crash report for that would be interesting as that appears to be something else. And I'm preparing new release.
Never used pastebin before so I might have goofed...

http://pastebin.com/Yvb0Tr0g

Looks like an empty string:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at com.mcjty.rftools.items.dimlets.DimletKey.parseKey(DimletKey.java:57)
at com.mcjty.rftools.dimension.description.DimensionDescriptor.parseNewDescriptionString(DimensionDescriptor.java:172)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Never used pastebin before so I might have goofed...

http://pastebin.com/Yvb0Tr0g

Looks like an empty string:
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at com.mcjty.rftools.items.dimlets.DimletKey.parseKey(DimletKey.java:57)
at com.mcjty.rftools.dimension.description.DimensionDescriptor.parseNewDescriptionString(DimensionDescriptor.java:172)

This was indeed another bug and I'm fixing it now. Thanks for reporting.

Reactions: Keldin42

dmtryzhkv

Jul 29, 2019
hello, i just crashed. after wooden choper was placed, there was a huge lag, and client died.

sorry, i couldn't share with pastebin because it wasn't saving. :(

Attachments

• crash-2015-03-15_17.37.51-client.txt
    29.3 KB · Views: 74

birdiegirl4444

Jul 29, 2019
Exploding beds is def not a feature that should be in this pack. re spawning on the path finder can get you stuck permanently. actually you can get stuck permanently pretty easy in this pack.

like spawing into first world and being way up in the sky with no way down to land but dying LOL new world here I come,

thewillowvoid

Jul 29, 2019
I have a question or two about the progressive automation mod in this pack because I wanted to use the wooden miner slightly early on seeing as how its really easy to make but I have no idea what kind of pickaxe to put into the miner to make it work. any help with this would be much appreciated!

Hossumquat

Jul 29, 2019
It appears that having a TiC pickaxe in your hand and right clicking on a dialing device causes a crash 100% of the time. At least for me.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm is it possible to get experience in peaceful mode? I was thinking of making the dark helm and upgrading it with night vision. I do need experience to empower it though...

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019
Problem solvers need to know why their inventory should be broken first thing or we fix it.

I want to echo this one. I know a lot of people don't read their books, but it would still cut down on a lot of "What's with the inventory/can I do anything about it?" if text in one of the first few quests addressed the limited inventory space and hinted that there would be a solution in a later questline.

Also, it might be good to relax the conditions under which the first quest for making a bag appears. By the the time it appeared for me I was well into things (and had an upgraded bag so I was pretty happy with my inventory situation). If I'd gone that far without being aware of the bag existing, I expect I would have had a strong "NOW you tell me? I could have made that ages ago and saved a ton of frustration!" reaction. Not sure if I did things in a nonstandard order, but I feel like this change wouldn't fundamentally change how the pack plays, but would offer more guidance to those who would benefit from it.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hmmm is it possible to get experience in peaceful mode? I was thinking of making the dark helm and upgrading it with night vision. I do need experience to empower it though...
Mining ores like coal, redstone, and diamonds should give you some XP, as will using a Vanilla furnace or punching animals.