[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

sobi

Jul 29, 2019
ok done it (had to put normal clockwork pickaxe in the well and than connect it with multitool :) )

merlin43210

Jul 29, 2019
Tip for any modder or mod pack developer: Dont make complex stuff and explain it in a bunch of text because the chance of almost no one reading it is high and increases exponentially with the amount of text to read!

Edit: also, only for mod packers, dont make it hard an diferent. Players will complain about that and change the pack configs so it becomes just another pack as the other 256 packs you have available on the launcher!
No I almost always read all the text I just assumed that there was no order. I'm the kind of person that likes all the info on every thing.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Soooo i'm stuck... can't figure out how to make temporal clockwork pickaxe and find netherwart (didn't find a chest yet)... Any help with this pickaxe?

Make new worlds until you get the ones you need I had to do it for lava, as I see it its more or less the point of the pack, to showcase RFtools, now that I have plenty of dimlets I just made one for coal tendrils & some other items for going forward, btw just found diamond ore dimlet, will be part of new world :), if your low on dimlets try this, make copies of the ones you start with, add a number or any other dimlet you have to had, this will force a new world with every thing but what you tell it will be random, so say you make normal world like the first one detailed in quest book then add yellow sky, it will be random world with a yellow sky, then next one green etc, until you get what you need & a lot of dimlets, your other question was answered above.

Reactions: Qanthelas

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Ok im a bit confused iv used a peaceful table to get some time amulets for my Clockwork Pick. However now since im on peaceful i cant gain levels to increase the chance of getting time sand so im stuck at a 1 in 8553 chance is there no other way to gain time sand

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Ok im a bit confused iv used a peaceful table to get some time amulets for my Clockwork Pick. However now since im on peaceful i cant gain levels to increase the chance of getting time sand so im stuck at a 1 in 8553 chance is there no other way to gain time sand
Read the book :)

There's a way to create a bucket of time sand, and, once Modtweaker 2 is fixed, you'll be able to do it in the Magma Crucible and Smeltery. The scripts are written, just commented out until Modtweaker 2 can work in multiplayer/actually have mod support.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast reply i havent gotten that far in the book yet because wanted to get a early jump on the mod. BTW im loving the pack so far keep up the great work

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Tip for any modder or mod pack developer: Dont make complex stuff and explain it in a bunch of text because the chance of almost no one reading it is high and increases exponentially with the amount of text to read!

Edit: also, only for mod packers, dont make it hard an diferent. Players will complain about that and change the pack configs so it becomes just another pack as the other 256 packs you have available on the launcher!

You forgot to add "Make reward bags rewarding." I'm not saying that every bag has to be godly but most of them need to have a use. And another flit pickaxe isn't really useful.

Spraun

Jul 29, 2019

I disagree, I have played enough of these type of modded minecraft with the HQM book to know that I MUST READ EVERYTHING. I usually get bumfuzzled when I don't and that is the first thing I do when something does not work as I thought it should.

Reactions: Shane2482

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I disagree, I have played enough of these type of modded minecraft with the HQM book to know that I MUST READ EVERYTHING. I usually get bumfuzzled when I don't and that is the first thing I do when something does not work as I thought it should.
Try reading every single post made on the forums when a new pack/mod releases and you will realize that 90% of the posts are about players not reading or failing at reading the instructions...

Even I have done it once or twice :oops:

sobi

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished the Quest Book (had to cheat in body stone :( ). The pack is really fun! :D Firstly i hated Spice of Life but i gave it another try and it was worth it. Hope to see more quests and mods (questline for Draconic Evolution mmmmm :D ) Keep good work! :D

Reactions: buggirlexpres

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com

Well there is no choice in this. The order matters because there is a grammer to making dimensions. My grammer is more relaxed that Mystcraft grammer but there are still some rules you have to follow. One is that material dimlets have to go before the thing they want to affect. It has to be that way because otherwise RFTools would have no idea for what the material has to be used.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Well there is no choice in this. The order matters because there is a grammer to making dimensions. My grammer is more relaxed that Mystcraft grammer but there are still some rules you have to follow. One is that material dimlets have to go before the thing they want to affect. It has to be that way because otherwise RFTools would have no idea for what the material has to be used.

Might be easier to wrap a persons head around if you made it so you could combine the material dimlet with the thing they want to effect in a crafting grid. Then use that combined dimlet. Think of it like the dimlet having a slot for inserting necessary components. Then it could read an error if it's not slotted properly.
That would remove then need for confusing grammar and further separate it from mystcraft.