[1.7.10] Pathfinder [Peaceful][HQM][Tech][Adventure][Listed]

Decibull

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing half an hour ago so I'm pretty sure this is a bug, unless you're supposed be able to mine obsidian with a stone pick.
duOnSFL.png

Reactions: Zarvoxbe

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I just found out that while I couldn't manage to get beds in rftools dimensions to skip the night it *does* work to actually set the spawn point there (provided the option is set to allow respawn in rftools dimensions or the dimension has the 'spawn' dimlet in it).

MrStatman80

Jul 29, 2019
How can you die from a collapsed world when you are on the space craft and continue to die when you respawn?
Also if agricraft's weeds are disabled, how come they growing and as soon as you put the crop sticks it grows straight away?

Zernonia

Jul 29, 2019
I got an idea,how about add the torch light up when holding in hand mod, I dont know what the name of the mod, I remember I saw it in Blood and Bones. Kinda great way to find your way back home without dropping into a deep cave.

Reactions: Toskin

Initram

Jul 29, 2019
The pack is supposed to nerf the torch recipe, right? (it only gives one torch from the vanilla recipe)
But torch recipes from other mods still give 4:
- Tinkers construct torch made from stone tool rod and coal.
- Carpenters torch made from a carpenters block and coal.

It would seem to me that those recipes should also only give one torch.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
That issues has been mentioned many times in this tread, rage quit if you must but I think this pack is worth the effort, I have some big issues with some parts of it 16 stack cobble & the inventory, but working past them atm, found ways around a lot of the issues, the only one still bugging me is no AE2 in a tec type pack, the storage scanner is erm silly (mho).
Same here. In a couple of nights I had a double chest full of max stat seeds... Also, trash can for all the middle tier stuff...
It is a pain, but it is also something to help pass the night away. I usually have some crops and the watering can in my hand and the rest of the hotbar is empty. Got Seeds, Carrots, Potatoes, and Sugarcane to 10/10/10. Just used 3 farmland and then alternated the two outer seeds, depending on which was lower, with the new seed that just mutated. Once I got the regular seeds to 10/10/10 I switched to the actual mutations and they started at 5/5/5, which was a bummer but at least there were no weeds.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing half an hour ago so I'm pretty sure this is a bug, unless you're supposed be able to mine obsidian with a stone pick.
duOnSFL.png
For me is even better!

From first reward bag received a flint pickaxe and after a diamond level up.

Made a flint hatchet and diamond too

For inventory problem when mining someone in this thread suggest to make a /dev/null from Openblocks.

It act by voiding one type of item and its marvellous.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
That issues has been mentioned many times in this tread, rage quit if you must but I think this pack is worth the effort, I have some big issues with some parts of it 16 stack cobble & the inventory, but working past them atm, found ways around a lot of the issues, the only one still bugging me is no AE2 in a tec type pack, the storage scanner is erm silly (mho).
I have to agree on AE2... Its a techy pack, we come from a spaceship, we can create worlds, we can builds big reactors but we have to use chests and barrels...

And this is a pack that invites hoarding since you can make OP dimensions with almost no power cost and be set for life with the resources but, no easy way to store and manage them.

I will end up using dozens if barrels and pipes to sort everything and living with the lag that this huge systems cause....

Reactions: Toskin

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
For inventory problem when mining someone in this thread suggest to make a /dev/null from Openblocks.

It act by voiding one type of item and its marvellous.
Yes, you have the /dev/null, bags, knapsacks, also satchels that can be upgraded to huge size(sadly, no XP in peaceful mode, so no enchanting to make them even bigger) and one thing players usually forget, strongboxes! Strongboxes can be picked up with their contents and even go inside bags, so its a large bag that you just need to place down to be able to use and you have one free at the ship!

Reactions: McJty

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I have to agree on AE2... Its a techy pack, we come from a spaceship, we can create worlds, we can builds big reactors but we have to use chests and barrels...

And this is a pack that invites hoarding since you can make OP dimensions with almost no power cost and be set for life with the resources but, no easy way to store and manage them.

I will end up using dozens if barrels and pipes to sort everything and living with the lag that this huge systems cause....

I have mixed feelings on this. I like AE2 and use it when I can. However I do remember with a lot of fondness playing UHS (Ultra Hardcore Survival) for 1.6.4 some time ago. It also had no AE and I must say I enjoyed the challenge of having to think up alternative solutions for storage as opposed to just doing the same thing again (i.e. setup an AE/AE2 system and ready).

I think adding AE2 to this pack would not fit well with the inventory management changes that are also present of this pack (wether you like those or not). I personally think that finding nice solutions for both inventory AND storage is one of the challenges in this pack and that's good. Not every pack needs to have the same challenges. In this pack you will have no mobs to worry about. You have different problems to solve.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I have mixed feelings on this. I like AE2 and use it when I can. However I do remember with a lot of fondness playing UHS (Ultra Hardcore Survival) for 1.6.4 some time ago. It also had no AE and I must say I enjoyed the challenge of having to think up alternative solutions for storage as opposed to just doing the same thing again (i.e. setup an AE/AE2 system and ready).

I think adding AE2 to this pack would not fit well with the inventory management changes that are also present of this pack (wether you like those or not). I personally think that finding nice solutions for both inventory AND storage is one of the challenges in this pack and that's good. Not every pack needs to have the same challenges. In this pack you will have no mobs to worry about. You have different problems to solve.
I also played UHS3 and loved the challenge of not having AE. But I also remember that I was able to play at 100+FPS and after having like 150 barrels with pipes connecting them my FPS went down to 15-20.... Barrels rendering, pipes moving items.... The game just couldnt handle it very well. Even using ExU transfer pipes instead of TE pipes to reduce rendering stress.... I hope their rendering code behaves better at 1.7, coz I am going to do the same stuff again :p

Tip: make sure you have a nice floor on your base so you dont get slowed down(diferent blocks, diferent speeds). Having to walk around to every chest/barrel to pick resources while crafting something more complex, walking slowly will make everyone go nuts!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Tinkers Construct 1.8.3 released

Code:
More IMCs for other mods (Thermal Foundation materials should now be repairable with the newest version)
Maybe this was the issue some players reported about their tools not repairing...

Iguana Tweaks 2.1.3
Code:
Override Module: Can now set a required tool for blocks that originally don't require a tool to harvest (wood logs,...)
I already see @Gideonseymour doing nasty stuff with this....

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

Okay if thats the way it is, I have been itching to get into the new version of TE piping now TD, I hear Rtima has done an amazing job & sorted out most of the 164 issues like chunk boarders & items bouncing around duct networks, let just hope the new pull/push & filters work as well as IO conduits.

A general note : always use a pipe/duct/conduit that does not render items as item rendering looks great but can lag, many items rendered more strain on your rig, most I take it will know this but just in case.

sobi

Jul 29, 2019
Soooo i'm stuck... can't figure out how to make temporal clockwork pickaxe and find netherwart (didn't find a chest yet)... Any help with this pickaxe?

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play this on my server but when I log in I died immediately.

I spawn in the middle of nowhere and fall to the void, after I spawn in the ship.

When I try to put my dimension in the builder I crash with an internal server error and after no possibility to join the server.

PS : I've no crash log.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Soooo i'm stuck... can't figure out how to make temporal clockwork pickaxe and find netherwart (didn't find a chest yet)... Any help with this pickaxe?
It explains in the quest book. You need to press the Clockwork Phase Activation Key, although it may need to be re-bound. Keep in mind that you will need Time Sand for that, which you can insert into the Pickaxe using the Well of Time.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
There was supposed to be an order?:eek:
Tip for any modder or mod pack developer: Dont make complex stuff and explain it in a bunch of text because the chance of almost no one reading it is high and increases exponentially with the amount of text to read!

Edit: also, only for mod packers, dont make it hard an diferent. Players will complain about that and change the pack configs so it becomes just another pack as the other 256 packs you have available on the launcher!