1.7.10 Packs Don't Work, 1.6.4 Packs Do Work

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
It might be the new loading screen thing, in your config folder is splash.properties change the enabled=true to false.

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
I am able to see the new load bars, but it is going to fast for me to see what it crashes on, it says initializing 3/7, then something after that, then it loads a bunch of classes below that and it's going really fast and I can' t see what it says when it crashes

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I believe your issue is your video card drivers need updating but as your video card is old this may not be an option but you could check for an update. You could try and get a second hand one which may help until you get a better system. If you don't know much about computers then I would suggest taking it to your local computer repair shop for advice.

Reactions: idjmleader

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just updated my driver to the latest and it still didn't work. And yes, there was a lot of updating to do because this isn't really an old computer but it's not really new either

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Well I just updated my driver to the latest and it still didn't work. And yes, there was a lot of updating to do because this isn't really an old computer but it's not really new either
You got it bad man with this. There has to be a fix unless it really is because you are on vista.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Because of the way Java works I doubt it is an OS problem.
I truly believe it is a java error as well. But I do not wanna say hey remove all your versions of java to see if it work just with java 8. Cause I know I personally do not like going to get older version to play the older versions of MC. And what I mean by that is like direwolf 1.6.4 or anything below that.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I truly believe it is a java error as well. But I do not wanna say hey remove all your versions of java to see if it work just with java 8. Cause I know I personally do not like going to get older version to play the older versions of MC. And what I mean by that is like direwolf 1.6.4 or anything below that.
1.6 packs should work again, if they don't work it should be easy to fix. However I know that there is a problem with cofh with certain hardware where it refuses to load and that if you manage to get it to load you still can't play because the menu is missing together with some other things. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the same bug or related.

After I wrote the above I decided to look at the crash-log and I think I know what the problem is
at the bottom of the crash-log:

GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Not using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 1.4 is not supported, EXT_blend_func_separate is supported, OpenGL 3.0 is not supported, ARB_framebuffer_object is not supported, and EXT_framebuffer_object is not supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 4.
Shaders are not available because OpenGL 2.1 is not supported, ARB_shader_objects is not supported, ARB_vertex_shader is not supported, and ARB_fragment_shader is not supported.

at the top:
at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:58)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.ARBShaderObjects.glDeleteObjectARB(ARBShaderObjects.java:65)
at WayofTime.alchemicalWizardry.common.renderer.block.ShaderHelper.createShader(ShaderHelper.java:125)
at WayofTime.alchemicalWizardry.common.renderer.block.ShaderHelper.createProgram(ShaderHelper.java:80)
at WayofTime.alchemicalWizardry.common.renderer.block.ShaderHelper.initShaders(ShaderHelper.java:33)
at WayofTime.alchemicalWizardry.client.ClientProxy.registerRenderers(ClientProxy.java:172)
at WayofTime.alchemicalWizardry.AlchemicalWizardry.load(AlchemicalWizardry.java:558)

The problem is that the version of opengl does not support shaders which seems to be needed for blood magic. However I wouldn't be surprised if other mods need it thus even after you remove it it may crash.
The only real solution would be to get a GPU or driver that can handle the needed openGL if that can not be done then remove blood magic and prey that it is the only thing that will cause a crash.This however means you can't play on a server which has blood magic.

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, when I load up vanilla minecraft 1.7.10 it says I am using an old graphics card that may prevent me from playing in the future. But, that shouldn't effect modpacks should it, I mean since minecraft 1.7.10 still works with the old graphics card shouldn't the modpack 1.7.10 work as well?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Okay, when I load up vanilla minecraft 1.7.10 it says I am using an old graphics card that may prevent me from playing in the future. But, that shouldn't effect modpacks should it, I mean since minecraft 1.7.10 still works with the old graphics card shouldn't the modpack 1.7.10 work as well?
See my above post, at least one of the mods you have wants to use features of an higher version of openGL then your graphics card drivers provide. I am sorry to say but you either need a new GPU or remove mods and as time goes on you probably would need to remove more and more mods.

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, well at least this isn't my best computer. It's just a junker that I hoped to get working again. You think putting a new graphics card in it would help?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
haven't looked at that thing so I have no idea if a new GPU is an option but as long as it has a newer openGL version it should fix it. It looks like OpenGL 4.5 is the newest version so aim for that.
With version OpenGL 2.1 you should be able to get rid of this crash but you are then still running an older version that might have other problems.

Before you do anything note that this is just from my basic understanding of the crash-log and I might very easy be wrong.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, well at least this isn't my best computer. It's just a junker that I hoped to get working again. You think putting a new graphics card in it would help?
I think a new GPU will help depending on your budget you can get a decent card for 150 bucks. Also depends what brand name you want and if its AMD or Nvidia. $150.00 will get you where you want for most games $max 350.00 will pretty much play any game at 60fps now. I am actually buy a new card next month. :)

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
I went to edit modpack, and disabled all the mods and enabled nei, and it loaded up, and then i started adding more mods and it kept working so I'm now in the process in figuring out which mods are good and which ones are bad. All the bad ones so far are bloodmagic, botania, compact solars, custommainmenu, ic2, and ic2 nuclear control, so basically ic2 was the big problem, i'll update the list of all the bad ones when i get done