1.7.10 Packs Don't Work, 1.6.4 Packs Do Work

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I read some of the Crash report. Try to set your ram to just 2GB and see if that works. Do not use anymore than that atm

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
But it still crashes on the Mojang screen
If this is on the Direwolf20 I got one last idea, Now this is just from something I read before a few days ago. Fast craft can either make direwolf run or completely hinder it. Try to just disable fast craft try that :)

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am trying the 2GB thing right now, I will click launch, it will launch the Minecraft window and it will load up all the stuff and then the window closes and I am sent right back to the launcher

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I am trying the 2GB thing right now, I will click launch, it will launch the Minecraft window and it will load up all the stuff and then the window closes and I am sent right back to the launcher
Grrr to your computer I hate when things do not work right lol But I also like to fix stuff and watch it work in the end.

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, disabling fastcraft didn't work either. I hate this computer
I hate your computer as well my friend. Well I am clueless then maybe one of the other guys know a walk around. I think it said on your crash report you are using windows vista correct?

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
That is correct
hmmmm I am reading things to fix this problem. Keep the fast craft disabled and put is back to 3 gb. Now if that does not work on the advanced options put this in the additonal java parameter -XX:permSize=512m- now if that does not work lol in the options area where it shows Force Update do that to. If that does not work I have zero clue how to help anymore. I been googling for a few awhile now :)

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, REALLY, they just updated direwolf20, which is probably the bug I have been experiencing, but I will still try your stuff

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, bro it's only 1.7.10 packs that have this problem. I could go play the 1.6.4 version right now and have no problem, I literally have no idea why this is being so difficult. I mean it has to be a java thing right?

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, bro it's only 1.7.10 packs that have this problem. I could go play the 1.6.4 version right now and have no problem, I literally have no idea why this is being so difficult. I mean it has to be a java thing right?
Ya know I am not to sure honestly. I do know I hate windows vista lol So to be safe lets just blame that haha But hey at least on 1.6.4 you still get to use logistics on most modpacks! And I am gonna goto sleep now my friend I wish you luck on this difficult journey you face :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
do you see the new load-bars when a 1.7.10 pack starts? and if that is the case does it crash at something from cofh?
If both are yes then I know the cause but not a fix.
I haven't read the logs yet,it is kind of a shot in the dark.