1.7.10 Packs Don't Work, 1.6.4 Packs Do Work

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
1.7.10 Packs Don't Work, 1.6.4 Packs Do Work
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
All of Them
Modpack Version:
1.7.10 Versions
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
All of the 1.7.10 packs won't work, but the 1.6.4 packs will work. I have Java 7, Update 71

Bdogs1

Jul 29, 2019
Update your java to Java 8 with 64-bits
if any issues still occur, then just say and I will try and read the log link carefully instead of skimming

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I installed Java 8 Update 45 64-bit and allocated 4 GB of ram and it still crashed on the mojang screen

danielbe

Jul 29, 2019
The log file says the game has ran out of space for textures. Is there any chance you are using a resource pack or don't have space left in your hard drive?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Also, I think we need an updated log. The log from your original post has too little ram assigned to run java. In line 6 from the log in the original post indicates a max memory of 5210. Since there is no letter after it is in bytes. So not enough. That number should be about 4G or 4096m.

1. Setting up native libraries for Direwolf20 v Recommended Version MC 1.7.10
  2. Syncing Assets:
  3. Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
  4. Pack: Direwolf20 1.7.10
  5. Setting MinMemory to 256
  6. Setting MaxMemory to 5120
  7. Defaulting PermSize to 256m

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Ok here is my go on this :) Download this java first https://java.com/en/download/ then this one https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
And on that one do the 64 bit offline. Take off the 4GB of ram on FTB client side first put it back to 2GB. Then download the latest direwolf 20 pack and see if that works after those steps have been taken. If that does not work completely remove FTB and re download. Then if a little screen pops up saying something about FTB is usually a 64 bit system then the java 64 bit did not install correctly. So kinda toy around with it, also What is your PC specs? LIke your processor, ram amount , and Graphics card?

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any resource packs, how would I check my hard drive space?
You check your hard drive space by going to "Computer" in the startup bar on the bottom left of your screen. Then look for Local Disk (C:) Then tell us how much hard drive space you have left :)

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad-Core
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
I'll try what you said and get back to you

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Quad-Core
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100
I'll try what you said and get back to you
So you do not have a actual graphics card them I assume? So it is just built into your motherboard? Which is ok for now lets just get your stuff working again :)

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
It says I have 586 GB to use and 432 GB free for space
Ok then we are good in that spot. Defiantly try all the java stuff then do the direwolf20 pack the 1.7.10 cause I always know that works with the newer java. I actually can not run anything below 1.7.10 because I do not have older java.

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, when I open up FTB after I downloaded the Java links you put up, it says that I cannot run a 32-bit Java on a 64-bit operating system, but I clicked the 64-bit offline download link

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, when I open up FTB after I downloaded the Java links you put up, it says that I cannot run a 32-bit Java on a 64-bit operating system, but I clicked the 64-bit offline download link
Now we are getting somewhere! Ok download the online and offline again for the 64 bit. I had to do it 2 times tonight for some reason very strange. But ya I actually just reloaded my entire pc like a couple hours ago so I know exactly what is happening :) Try that and make sure 100% it downloads and installs and make sure you completely close mine craft and delete the client side again. Then after you do the 64 bit downloads try to re install the client side again and it should be fixed :)

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, don't mean to be annoying, but could you explain that to me like I'm 5 and put it into #'d steps?

idjmleader

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, don't mean to be annoying, but could you explain that to me like I'm 5 and put it into #'d steps?
Yup no problem man :) One sec... Ok soStep # 1 delete your FTB client side again please :) Step 2 make sure you installed the normal java if you did than proceed to next step :) Step #3 https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp in the pic Download 1 first then download 2 second. Step#4 redownload FTB and see if the error is gone about the 32 bit thing. look at pic below in the spoiler to see the order for the 64 bit downloads. There ya go man I will be up for about another 30 minutes so I hope I can help you get this to work by then.
2s9402t.png

pfgdfg

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, sorry man it didn't work, I probably just did it wrong and now I'm extremely pissed off