[1.7.10]Modular Mayhem

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
You've spread out a bit more that I have in my Let's Play. Then again, I only have about 20 hours or so in that world. And I concentrated more on ChromaticCraft and Storage Drawers over tech at first. I am catching up, though. And my farms are definitely different, relying on Hydraulicraft (buggy as it is) and soon switching to Essential Craft.

That said, very well done. I'm glad you're having fun.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Oh, it should be noted my Let's Play just hit the 30th episode (check the first post for a link to the first episode) and I have a world download available. It is 1.92 Curse/1.9 FTB required. I just ogt my AE system up. Ore doubling is automated, and Essential Craft is at the beginning stages. ChromaticCraft is in a good spot and my power is mostly holding its own.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
As soon as this updates to 1.9, I think I'll try out the newest version of Pneaumaticraft. See how a drone farm keeps up with IE Diesel Generation.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
1.9.2 is live on Curse Voice. FTB always takes a bit longer to sync but Curse usually updates within the hour

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, just found out Chicken Chunks disrupts Immersive Engineering's power system on world load/unload. I will be adding Dimensional Anchor to the pack in 1.10 which fixes this problem. In the meantime be careful about running IE wiring across chunks. Connectors right at chunk boundaries or right near them might break if chunk loaded.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
lol tried just now and it doesn't recognize my email address, despite being logged in with it here. Nor does it recognize my username/pw combo.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Adding to the confusion, I see. I'd rather not have to sign into a client at all but, hey, I must be crazy.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Well, I'm rather proud of myself. Automating half of the biodiesel setup, the plant oil half, I'm using about 6 mods in concert. I'm growing IE hemp in a 14x12 plot using OB tanks and sprinklers to speed growth and Magneticraft infinite water blocks to keep the tanks full of water. Breaking the tops of the hemp plants (leaving the bottoms so I can skip replanting) with Essential Craft Advanced Breakers (which is why the plot is 12 blocks long) and sucking the drops up in OB Vacuum Hoppers (which is why it is 14 wide) and transferring them via ExU transfer nodes/pipes to JABBA barrels and then to the IE squeezer. Oh, and using ET to generate a redstone pulse every 30 seconds to trigger the breakers. I'm almost running the squeezer flat out. If I duplicate the design I think I will be able to max it out. Which means I can either expand my Advanced Generators gas turbine to generate more power or switch to an IE diesel generator.

If you want to see the design in action my latest episode of my Let's Play will show me building it. It should be released in about an hour, the link to the initial episode is in the first post here.

I do believe I'm going to the moon next.

Mirellie

Jul 29, 2019
thought.
instead of using vac hoppers, why not use an open facing ExU transfer node with 14 world interaction upgrades and 4 speed upgrades to cut down on pipe placement and pathing calculations?

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe I'm going to the moon next.
Screw that, SPACE STATION! Did GalactiCraft implement those neat gravity mechanics mentioned in the past for use in zero-G yet?

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Started playing a slightly modified version of this: Ditched Chromaticraft and Modular Armor. Don't like the first, not interested in the second. Added Railcraft. Set up in a village, next to an Aura Cascade house. Something is extremely noisy, sounds like an Essentialcraft node, but there aren't any signs. Just lots of mossy stone bricks and Iron bars set into the ground.Very weird.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Much like Thaumcraft, but more so, EssentialCraft nodes are invisible without the proper equipment.

and you really should give Chrmaticraft a chance. Takes a bit to get into but the toys you get are decidedly worth it.