[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Gijoel

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report

Chemist journal does not bring up the recipes when I put in the chemical synthesis machine. I have to enter it manually every time. :(

Also how do I get copper off lata trees? I've cut down a few but I can't seem to process the wood.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if there's a ready way to deal with the resulting spawns - Metallurgy's death explosives might be specifically for killing things rather than doing block damage, I don't know.
Lava. Water might work too. Can they swim?

James Rickards

Jul 29, 2019
Just Wanted to Post that i found a bug with the CrazyPants Magnet that if you have it on and in your hot-bar that you can't use bow or any other throwing weapons since it resets the drawing back animation and also messes with food eating it resets the animation as well but sometimes you consume the food faster than your suppose to.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Just Wanted to Post that i found a bug with the CrazyPants Magnet that if you have it on and in your hot-bar that you can't use bow or any other throwing weapons since it resets the drawing back animation and also messes with food eating it resets the animation as well but sometimes you consume the food faster than your suppose to.

Is that what causes that???

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
In the deep dark (when returning from the overworld) is there supposed to be something at the coordinates you need to move to?

If that is the case I need to reset/update my deep dark dimension. If there is just a nether portal, I might just build one and see if I can progress from there (I will also update the nether dimension).

axzxc1236

Jul 29, 2019
I stuck here:(
Please tell me what I should do.
2015-02-05_19.15.43.png

I added Fastcraft, Minecraft Loader and Optifine to this pack.
I don't think Optifine caused this because the main post suggests us to use Optifine for performance issues.

Keldin42

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think Optifine caused this because the main post suggests us to use Optifine for performance issues.

That destination is the bottom of the spatial area. In some areas you can teleport to that point. In others there is something on the floor (laval and such) and you get that message.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That destination is the bottom of the spatial area. In some areas you can teleport to that point. In others there is something on the floor (laval and such) and you get that message.

That's something like an emergency escape from the loaded arias. Not something you can always use however.

topgvnuk

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering if there is any fix for the missing compressed cookie and compressed cobblestone / gravel or sand textures yet?
Running the most up to date version of the pack.
Thanks in Advance

well just thought I'd let people know i fixed this by turning off the Antisoptric Filtering I had on for some reason

Last edited:

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
I stuck here:(
You're supposed to go to the Observatory from there. Not the Spatial Incubator.

When you load a drive, if you go to the bottom of the large room, locate the center (with the AE Energy Cells and stuff). Locate the exact center block and remove whatever's above it. Congratulations, you can now teleport away.
It basically acts like a checkpoint of sorts. I usually rush to it first, so I can have a secondary entry into a zone.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I believe, as with the Boni Bacon, that storage cell is actually what you need to satisfy the Retloh objective.

The retloh storage cell is the reward for turning in the retloh quest. The quest itself only needs a single retloh to complete, the one you find in a chest early on works, however the quest doesn't unlock until much later in the game. If there's a Boni Bacon quest, that one unlocks even later, I found the cell but still don't have a quest for it. The cells are just normal cells, they can't be the quest objective without every cell of those sizes also triggering it.

This was mentioned a few pages back. A couple of us got it to happen to us, sadly. The best solution is move the Reactor elsewhere (I personally moved it above the Spatial Room)
At the very least somewhere higher than the lower area of the Spatial Room, so the pump doesn't try to take it.

An "easier" solution is to replace the liquid coolant with diamond blocks. It's almost as good and you don't have to worry about the pump getting into it. Then again if you are fiddling with the reactor you might as well move it and put it back together in a better configuration, but I still used diamond blocks when I did that because I hate dealing with cryothium and the snow.

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
The retloh storage cell is the reward for turning in the retloh quest. The quest itself only needs a single retloh to complete, the one you find in a chest early on works, however the quest doesn't unlock until much later in the game. If there's a Boni Bacon quest, that one unlocks even later, I found the cell but still don't have a quest for it. The cells are just normal cells, they can't be the quest objective without every cell of those sizes also triggering it.
I stand corrected, then. Apologies! Got the order of those operations somewhat confused.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. So. I am useless. The bottom level of the biosphere has kept me pinned down for three days now. Whatever I do mobs span faster than I can clear the area. I have a small enclosure I've managed to make through countless deaths. But I just can't leave it to put torches down as I am immediately swarmed by monsters.

How in the hell do you deal with so many mobs.

5il3nc3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. So. I am useless. The bottom level of the biosphere has kept me pinned down for three days now. Whatever I do mobs span faster than I can clear the area. I have a small enclosure I've managed to make through countless deaths. But I just can't leave it to put torches down as I am immediately swarmed by monsters.

Pour a damaging fluid down. (Cryo, Lava, Pyro, etc.)
Do torch runs.
Dig down the middle (there's a small room) and block the entrances.
Ignore that area and come back to it later with better gear.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019

I used water every few blocks around the edge on the main floor, which flowed down the walls to the lower floor. This pushed all the mobs to the middle, and prevented mobs from spawning on the outside half of the floor. That way, when I go down the ladder, I can kill monsters without having too many respawn, since the majority of spawnable blocks were close to me. At the point it felt like they were thinned out, i did a torch run. Once you get a good torch run, the mob spawning slows significantly and it gets easier from there.

I could have used something more damaging (lava, cryo, pyro, etc), but i thought there might be normal animals down there, and I didn't want to kill them. Turned out, i could have used something flammable. :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I used water every few blocks around the edge on the main floor, which flowed down the walls to the lower floor. This pushed all the mobs to the middle, and prevented mobs from spawning on the outside half of the floor. That way, when I go down the ladder, I can kill monsters without having too many respawn, since the majority of spawnable blocks were close to me. At the point it felt like they were thinned out, i did a torch run. Once you get a good torch run, the mob spawning slows significantly and it gets easier from there.

I could have used something more damaging (lava, cryo, pyro, etc), but i thought there might be normal animals down there, and I didn't want to kill them. Turned out, i could have used something flammable. :)

Normal-ish mobs will spawn in that aria but it's not all that big a worry. If you want some normal animals you can make or silk touch some grass and place it in the normal arias. You will at least get some mooshrooms and you can shear them for normal animals. I think there is also some rewards that give you normal animal eggs.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019

I generally feel using liquids is a bit "cheap" though I know it's practically required later on and is not at all frowned upon in this pack. Still, the way I did this was to build a ring around the bubble outside that level, then I went around the edge and broke single glass blocks and dropped a torch in there as far as I could. This cut the spawns down a bit. Then I made an entrance with ineffable glass at one point, and dug out drops on the sides, I would walk in and pull a bunch of mobs then back out and they would run over and then fall to their deaths, then I would run in quickly before they could respawn and place torches as far as I could before pulling too many more and repeat. It took a couple hours or so (including time spent on previous failed strategies), but I eventually had it all lit.

It's much easier to just drop a few buckets of lava from the floor above, kill the few mobs left and place torches everywhere before removing the lava. That's what I ended up doing on Biosphere^4.

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get the grass needed for the imbuing station? Do I need a silk touch something?? There is no minechem recipe like there is for the vines and lilypad
Please help!