[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Stenz_

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, have had a flick through the forum but can't seem to find an answer.

For the quest with the Idea Machine, you have to obviously locate and submit the Jaded Wool as in every Spatial IO Room. However, the Quest Book refuses to recognise the wool when I try and submit it. It is a Auto-Detect task in the HQM Book, with a Manual Submit option; but even pressing Manual Submit doesn't work either...please help? Its the last quest line I have to do, and I just cannot find a way to fix it.

Thank you in advance!!

Stenz_

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ugh, now I have to choose between cheating, or abandoning my carefully-cultivated awesome pick for a fresh crappy one ;)

I did find a possible bug/unintended feature/exploit in the newest version: Quartz Slabs can be crafted into Chiseled Quartz Blocks, which can be Pulverized into 4x Nether Quartz. This makes Nether Quartz available from the Biosphere, rather than having to wait until Rotunda. I don't think this was possible before, because I remember looking for ways to get Nether Quartz early on and I'm sure I would have come upon this.

I don't think you should get rid of that even if it is unintended by the mod dev. As such things are very needed in this pack.

Not even close to unintended or a bug. You could just as easily pull the quartz slabs apart and put it back together using minechem.
Edit: Or ya know turn the page and find you can also combine them into normal quartz. :p

As you wander around you will realize this isn't a normal adventure map. This is a very open do what you want pack. You can tear everything apart if you want to. Heck you will probably need to in order to win.
And there is no really solid fixed progression. Only enough restrictions to make it interesting.

I've bin working through one of the ^4 arias by dropping gravel (to cover the cursed earth) and lava on the mobs (to light the aria). It's one of the key ways to win. These are techniques I learned while watching people play Ultra hard core style maps.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you should get rid of that even if it is unintended by the mod dev. As such things are very needed in this pack.

As you wander around you will realize this isn't a normal adventure map. This is a very open do what you want pack. You can tear everything apart if you want to. Heck you will probably need to in order to win.
And there is no really solid fixed progression. Only enough restrictions to make it interesting.

Yeah, I've certainly gathered as much from what I've seen of others playing ME^3 and ME^4. (It's why I decided to keep using my uber-cheaty bugged pick.)

Actually, that reminds me. As I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong), ME^3 actually required exploiting glitches to progress (e.g. Ender Pearls to teleport through Bedrock)---the complaints I read about that kind of thing turned me off from playing it. Does ME^4 contain similar challenges? (I'm certainly not opposed to out-of-the-box thinking and difficulty, of course---I'm only asking about things that rise to the level of having to glitch through Bedrock, that kind of stuff.)
I've bin working through one of the ^4 arias by dropping gravel (to cover the cursed earth) and lava on the mobs (to light the aria). It's one of the key ways to win. These are techniques I learned while watching people play Ultra hard core style maps.
That's a great idea. So far, my winningest strategy has been to dig a series of rings into the Laboratory Blocks lining the Spatial Chamber, link them with Elevator Blocks, and partition them into quarantined zones with Ineffable Glass (every dozen meters or so). Now, whenever I enter a new dimension, I have instant access to it from all sides, top to bottom---with a lot of added lighting, too. Highly recommended!

(And as for the Quartz thing, I realized I just derped and somehow missed the recipe in the previous version; thinking it had been disabled, I worried the dev had forgotten to re-disable it after updating.)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, that reminds me. As I recall (and correct me if I'm wrong), ME^3 actually required exploiting glitches to progress (e.g. Ender Pearls to teleport through Bedrock)---the complaints I read about that kind of thing turned me off from playing it. Does ME^4 contain similar challenges? (I'm certainly not opposed to out-of-the-box thinking and difficulty, of course---I'm only asking about things that rise to the level of having to glitch through Bedrock, that kind of stuff.)

I haven't seen anything like that. Though there is one aria where that might be a interesting option. It's under the entire aria. But that's where a copy of all the spacial drives are held. But I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to do that as the bedrock is 3 layers thick.

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I've certainly gathered as much from what I've seen of others playing ME^3 and ME^4. (It's why I decided to keep using my uber-cheaty bugged pick.)

That's a great idea. So far, my winningest strategy has been to dig a series of rings into the Laboratory Blocks lining the Spatial Chamber, link them with Elevator Blocks, and partition them into quarantined zones with Ineffable Glass (every dozen meters or so). Now, whenever I enter a new dimension, I have instant access to it from all sides, top to bottom---with a lot of added lighting, too. Highly recommended!

(And as for the Quartz thing, I realized I just derped and somehow missed the recipe in the previous version; thinking it had been disabled, I worried the dev had forgotten to re-disable it after updating.)
Do you have a screen shot please? My Spatial chamber is lined with 1 layer of lab blocks then bedrock so I can't picture your set up :)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Does anyone else get lag with a Tic Smeltery? As soon as I built one, I am getting a lot of TPS lag (FPS is fine). This was starting in 1.0.1 and still present in 1.0.3.

Great map, nice treasure hunt, although shame most of the treasures are useless (so much clutter in my inventory). Would be nice if the skystone chests had a few cookies in them as well as all the tinkers equipment (that I ignore).

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have a screen shot please? My Spatial chamber is lined with 1 layer of lab blocks then bedrock so I can't picture your set up :)

The key is the lab blocks. You basically start from the door and thin dig a circle around the aria inside of the aria. With Elevator Blocks to go up and down. Filling the aria with Ineffable Glass. The glass is the EU glass you can walk through. You can find some at the spawn point. But you will need a lot more.
A cheaper method might be to use ladders and cover the floor or your paths around with that glass that is covering the roof as it prevents spawning and only using the Ineffable glass where you need to.
Oh but you can get some dark Ineffable Glass somewhere. I think it might have bin in the nether sphere.

fane0info

Jul 29, 2019
The nether sphere has a tank with that glass. And If I remember correctly the biosphere has a big tank.

Trimis de pe vdf Smart 4 prin Tapatalk

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
The key is the lab blocks. You basically start from the door and thin dig a circle around the aria inside of the aria. With Elevator Blocks to go up and down. Filling the aria with Ineffable Glass. The glass is the EU glass you can walk through. You can find some at the spawn point. But you will need a lot more.
A cheaper method might be to use ladders and cover the floor or your paths around with that glass that is covering the roof as it prevents spawning and only using the Ineffable glass where you need to.
Oh but you can get some dark Ineffable Glass somewhere. I think it might have bin in the nether sphere.
Think it was the 'quarantine zones' bit that confused me. I pictured an actual room as oppose to just a 1 block thick space :) Good idea though so I know what my next task is :)

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
What armours should we be be putting into the VM? There's about 40 odd different armours but only 20 stands. Is it just for metallurgy armours?

Jemes78

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a big problem I need someone to solve... I've been playing on a personal server with a friend for the last couple of days and I'm all the way just past NetherSphere^4. I Looted a lot of the AE Drives from the Direwolf(enderIO) place, cant remember what the spatial drive is called, I decided to to replace all my drives I had with the 64k drives but I didn't have enough room on my person to carry them all at once, I started putting all my drives into my resonant satchel(with Holding IV enchant) but the server kicked me and gave me this error - Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.IOException: Packet was larger than I expected, found 34371 bytes extra whilst reading packet 48 - every time I join the server this happens and I t kicks everyone off the server with the same error but only when I join, I've done client and server restarts.
Normally I would just delete my Character data or reset the server from start but im 90% through the quest book and my entire AE storage system is on my player. Also there are no crash reports =(

jaredlll08

Jul 29, 2019
I would just like to make a PSA.
I am the author of Fluxed-Crystals, I know the current state of the mod is a bit "wonky" but I am working on it, I have fixed all the FPS issues (soulrift in #materialenergy can confirm this), I am currently in the middle of doing a huge refactor of the code to get it to work smoothly, Please just give me a few more days to get it to work.
If you have any bugs / issues / suggestions please put them here: https://github.com/jaredlll08/Fluxed-Crystals/issues

and in regards to @JustNano, parcel used my mod for a reason (I didn't ask him too use it) one of the reasons being how flexible it is compared to magical crops, and parcel knows how much I am working on my mod, I communicate with him daily, and I am constantly giving him versions to test, so like I said, please just give me a few days.

DiverDan80

Jul 29, 2019
I am the author of Fluxed-Crystals, I know the current state of the mod is a bit "wonky" but I am working on it, I have fixed all the FPS issues (soulrift in #materialenergy can confirm this), I am currently in the middle of doing a huge refactor of the code to get it to work smoothly, Please just give me a few more days to get it to work.
If you have any bugs / issues / suggestions please put them here: https://github.com/jaredlll08/Fluxed-Crystals/issues

and in regards to @JustNano, parcel used my mod for a reason (I didn't ask him too use it) one of the reasons being how flexible it is compared to magical crops, and parcel knows how much I am working on my mod, I communicate with him daily, and I am constantly giving him versions to test, so like I said, please just give me a few days.
I think I speak for everyone and say you should work much harder!! Stop doing everything else including having any sort of personal life, work etc and just concentrate on making our lives a little bit easier! This should have been fixed before you had even thought of making it! :)
(loving the legendary crystals :))

Reactions: CoolSquid

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Think it was the 'quarantine zones' bit that confused me. I pictured an actual room as oppose to just a 1 block thick space :) Good idea though so I know what my next task is :)

Want to know cheep way to make a quarantine zone? Sugarcane. If you are staining in a 2 block tall peace it mobs can not even see you. :D
Or that's how it has bin for a while. I will need to test it.
Testing says it helps but is not perfect. I think it might keep them agroing on you if you are in it but once they do all bets are off. And works better on zombs than skels.

Last edited:

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Take your time. I kinda like it how it is or was. Things like converting normal dirt is much more interesting than crafting the dirt. And having to to it all manually is a interesting and good balancing point.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I've got a big problem I need someone to solve... I've been playing on a personal server with a friend for the last couple of days and I'm all the way just past NetherSphere^4. I Looted a lot of the AE Drives from the Direwolf(enderIO) place, cant remember what the spatial drive is called, I decided to to replace all my drives I had with the 64k drives but I didn't have enough room on my person to carry them all at once, I started putting all my drives into my resonant satchel(with Holding IV enchant) but the server kicked me and gave me this error - Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.codec.DecoderException: java.IOException: Packet was larger than I expected, found 34371 bytes extra whilst reading packet 48 - every time I join the server this happens and I t kicks everyone off the server with the same error but only when I join, I've done client and server restarts.
Normally I would just delete my Character data or reset the server from start but im 90% through the quest book and my entire AE storage system is on my player. Also there are no crash reports =(

If you open up your character data in an NTB editor you can try deleting things perhaps even individual items in your satchel. Or even move them out of the satchel. It would be time consuming to find the right item having to check the server etch time though. You could also remove all your held items or at least the satchel if you wanted to try it quickly.
But before you start tinkering copy that save file.
Oh and if worst comes to worst remember that as admin you can use /hqm edit to give you a book that lets you reget most of the quests.

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Is this pick bugged, or is it really just this awesome? (The "INCORRECT DATA" error message only appeared on its last level-up, but it won't go away when I place it in a crafting window.)

I think there is a bug or new and unstable feture that lets you level up your tools and weapons with out limit. It should go or rather used to go something like legendary then legendary+ and then stop.
The data error comes from when the stats or combination of upgrades exceed the set limits.

The only bug is the "INCORRECT DATA" warning on the items. IguanaTinkerTweaks has a configurable setting to change the max level, and in this mod pack it has been set to a max level of 99, including bonuses planned out all the way to that point (random bonuses stop at 14, but extra modifiers continue all the way to 99, every 10 levels after 20 and the final one at 99).