[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
The new ones are in the template folder, your dimension folders are in your save folder for your save.

While I understand the process, there is still room for a little more clarity. Some names are used with more than 1 #. Is inclusion chamber completely separate from inclusion chamber^4?

The only 1 it should cause problems to replace is the 1 loaded into the world.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone point me in the direction of any information whatsoever on the ancient trees? Got a lata sapling quest and not the slightest what to do with it.

Oh, bugs wise, had a problem getting the magma crucible to detect, ended up using hqm edit.

Anyone remember where the Ferrious ore is? I know I've passed it somewhere, and one of the quests requires the ore specifically.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so how do we or can we activate division sigil? I went to very very top, set everything up, all things are OK but it says to wait till midnight. and clocks don't work.

so I added ingameinfoxml and waited. midnight. still must wait for midnight. ???

is the time wonky in this dimension thus midnight is another time or is midnight never to be had, thus division sigils are worthless?

Edit: Nevermind. need new glasses. it was noon I guess not midnight. I did successfully kill pixlepix to activate my division sigils. :) Sorry pixlepix hehe

Last edited:

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Anyone point me in the direction of any information whatsoever on the ancient trees? Got a lata sapling quest and not the slightest what to do with it.

Oh, bugs wise, had a problem getting the magma crucible to detect, ended up using hqm edit.

Anyone remember where the Ferrious ore is? I know I've passed it somewhere, and one of the quests requires the ore specifically.

NEI is your friend. There is a recipe for the saplings. Minechem is involved.
Ferrous is deep in Miners Delight.

Very confused about updating Spatial Drives. Please help! Very confused! I tried it and I had a brand new world.

Brand new world as in your saved game disappeared? Or did you copy over ALL the dimension files? Every file you copy from the template folder will replace a dimension in your saved game with a brand new one. Each spatial storage disc contains its own little dimension. You should only replace the ones for the named discs, & probably only the ones you haven't been in yet, unless you want to start it over. If you want to replace the room you have loaded, be sure to put it back on the disc before you copy the file, or you will wind up with 2 copies of the room & no disc to store the extra one on.

Thanks to RWTema, I have a whole new appreciation of the word "mean", but I was beginning to wonder where the rest of the lapis caelestis blocks were.

airport1000

Jul 29, 2019
I understand about having to move the spatial areas from the Template folder to you game save folder. However in the list on page 1 Rotunda is listed twice at numbers 15 and 19. Which of these would I not need to move so I would not muck up my progress on my current Rotunda?

captproton17

Jul 29, 2019
Very confused about updating Spatial Drives. Please help! Very confused! I tried it and I had a brand new world.
This properly confuse alot of people. I think I understand what you need to do. But some1 need do simple tutorial on steps. do it right..
Only move the Dim (aka Spatial area) you Haven't explore. Yet. But I have explore Biosphere, is Biosphere^4 different Dim. meaning later on in pack.

Doskan

Jul 29, 2019
No clue on how lata saplings works, tried tons of ways trying to get some copper or... something

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
@parcel31u would you be opposed to adding translocators to the pack? I couldn't get the Minechem Chemical Synthesizer to get a supply mode working on it to not swamp the thing with one or more chemicals, thus making automating cookies if you don't plan on farming them, pretty much extremely painful. I tried AE2 but storage bus doesn't see the synth as an inventory, thus supply mode will fail. Are you opposed outright to adding it or am I missing another way possibly?

Have you actually estimated the time it would take to farm the amount of cocoa beans needed for a septuple or a octuple compressed cookie? It makes octuple compressed cobble look like child's play in comparison :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
On a completely different note, any minechem players know of a excellent renewable way to make nitrogen? I was thinking of silicon in fission reactor but I've ctd'd twice clicking on the thing and worried porting things in/out will cause a singularity to form within the ball I live in.

I have all the other elements needed to make therobromine but that one I constantly lack.

edit: ok, this is strange. I did try putting some silicon in (14), and fission should divide it by 2 (7 - nitrogen) but instead I got (6) carbon. Is there a randomness to it? I put a stack in and got 2 stacks of carbon. Is minechem's math off? I put phosphorous (15) in and I did get nitrogen back. is this intended?

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Arrows are a pretty easy renewable source of nitrogen. So are feathers.

I guess I should have emphasized that the nitrogen would have to be EXTREMELY plentiful. as in octuple compressed cookie plentiful :)

for example, my 100 or so chickens that I'm very patiently trying to breed into normal chickens by separating the adults and babies by hand and migrating them to new area to grow again, kill the parents and start over again with babies brings me very little feathers in comparison to the nitrogen I need. Same with mob traps. it just can't keep up. with the above issue with the fission reactor, my silicon idea went down the toilet, which was completely renewable in very large quantities. maybe more mob traps for skel's then is the answer. I can't afford doing the phosphorous route unless that also is easilly gotten some other way.

I don't know minechem that well. my only experience with it is with ME^3.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u where is your changelog located for ME^4? Would love to take a look at it :)
Between the two beta versions? I didn't even try to make one for such an early version. I fixed a ton of bugs, added quests, removed quests, made 5 new spatial areas, hid buffers all around, fixed and added to the minechem scripts.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
@parcel31u would you be opposed to adding translocators to the pack? I couldn't get the Minechem Chemical Synthesizer to get a supply mode working on it to not swamp the thing with one or more chemicals, thus making automating cookies if you don't plan on farming them, pretty much extremely painful. I tried AE2 but storage bus doesn't see the synth as an inventory, thus supply mode will fail. Are you opposed outright to adding it or am I missing another way possibly?

Have you actually estimated the time it would take to farm the amount of cocoa beans needed for a septuple or a octuple compressed cookie? It makes octuple compressed cobble look like child's play in comparison :)
Maybe translocators, and I'm not sure what is the best way of making cookies. I haven't added the killing of ender zoo mobs to get cookies yet, which is more end game.

parcel31u

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe translocators, and I'm not sure what is the best way of making cookies. I haven't added the killing of ender zoo mobs to get cookies yet, which is more end game.
I'll probably have easier ways to get that many cookies with UU and UUx matter.