[1.7.10] Marooned

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe we can host it on the mym launcher. But u would have to contact one of our founders for that. No promises

Thanks for the offer. I'll check with SirJAH about it first though as he's the internet guru. I'm just the grunt who did all the hard yakka on the pack. I have had a look at your site and notice you're a moderator there.

The main thing is the pack really does need to be used as is with the versions left untouched. There's a lot of tweaking been done with many of the config files to get it to work just right.

I'll get back to you when I can......

cheers..........

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe we can host it on the mym launcher. But u would have to contact one of our founders for that. No promises

Sorry about the delay but a lot has been happening here lately. SirJAH says your site is primarily setup for multi play and as our pack is primarily setup for single player it probably wouldn't be a good fit. Thanks for the offer though, it is appreciated.

On the positive side, I recall you mentioning waaaay back that it would be better if our pack didn't contain SPUD's or pre-made portals that some not so savoury players could grief . Well you might be pleased to hear that I've decided to revamp the Shanghaied Again pack that I had previously managed to get completed and ready for publication. The new version will still have other worlds to visit but players will now have to make their own portals which should hopefully be better under multi player conditions. I also recall you mentioning something about farming being a preferred thing in your multi player worlds and SA currently has 8 new crops added along with a special new one from the BoP world.

Anyway, its still some way off as I'm currently having to rewrite the HQM book and find ways to link the quests in the three worlds in a way to make it more interesting. Oh and I've decided not to have multiple biome types eg: flatworlds or sky platforms in this version as they're in the original Shanghaied and I want this version to be vastly different.

Cheers........

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone. well its been a long time coming but we've finally found somewhere to host the latest version of Shanghaied with all of its intended mod versions fully intact. Although we would have loved to have it hosted on curse, this wasn't possible due to the nature of the restricted versions we were forced to use to keep our mod as stable as possible.

The new site is Technic and you can find our pack by doing a search for Shanghaied from the Technic Launcher. Downloading is quite straightforward. When the pack first loads you will be presented with the standard Aether screen. Clicking either arrow on the upper left will reveal the Shanghaied page.

We're still hoping to find a way to eventually get our pack onto Curse, but it might take some time as we'll probably have to do trial and error with the mod versions they make available.

In the meantime we're currently revamping the Shanghaied Again sequel that will hopefully be ready for release sometime later this year.

Cheers everyone and I hope anyone who does download our new pack enjoys playing it as much as we've enjoyed making it..........

Spaman

Jul 29, 2019
You should definitely update this post, didn't even realize about the launcher switch before your pn

Thanks for the heads up Sandstroem. I kinda figured people had stopped coming to this site but just in case anyone is actively checking this site, we have now also made a thread in the Minecraft Forums that you can check out which has details on how to download our back etc. The link is:

For anyone who played any of our Marooned versions, you'll find the new updated Shanghaied is considerably different and allows greater freedom in how you play the game.

We'd love to hear any comments you have on what you think about the changes as it seems the current lot who have downloaded and played it already don't seem inclined to give any feedback.

https://www.minecraftforum.net/foru...cks/2916555-shanghaied-survival-questing-pack