• Ars Magica 2

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
You have to be moved into the accepted group to access the #announcements channel. I have moved the account that I assume is yours to that group.

pi4t

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why, but this modpack seems to run extremely badly on my computer. I'm able to run FTB Infinity in a playable state, albeit with rather painful lag and possibly not with a significant number of machines running. Simply magic runs fine on high graphics options, with the exception of a very occasional lagspike. On the other hand, this pack - which seems to contain far fewer mods - permanently freezes when I load a save, crashes in the main menu, or spends about half the time frozen while I'm trying to play, depending on how lucky I am. Possibly relatedly, the edit mod pack button on the ftb client claims there aren't any mods. This sounds like a corrupted download, but I deleted the magic theory folder and let it redownload, and am still having the same problem. I also had the issue with v2, but decided to wait and see if the update fixed the issue. I assume this problem isn't something other people are experiencing?

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure why, but this modpack seems to run extremely badly on my computer.
There happened to be a setting that somehoe got turned on from V2.1 to V2.2 (Don't ask me how, I don't know) that caused ChromatiCraft to enable its Retrogeneration feature. It has since been disabled, and was identified as a significant cause of major lag due to the way it was processing other dimensions. The issue is not apparent in Version 3, and I would also reccommend generating your worlds with Render Distance = 2 and then moving it up to Render Distance = 9 after the world has loaded.

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
And also, @pi4t FTB's servers seem to be having issues with MD5's again. It /may/ be intentional on their part as they seem to want to further more people over to the Curse Launcher. I am working on migration to ATL, but for now versions can be found on the Discord server.

Assasin_Asha

Jul 29, 2019
I think the FTB launcher shows no mods because they are all in a "1.7.10" folder inside the "mods" folder. It seems this design decision is tripping up their detection.
As for lag... I'm not sure. Sounds like there is not enough memory assigned. RTG seems to require quite a hefty amount of memory to generate worlds properly. And it can and will freeze the world while doing so. Especially with streams generating.

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
Hence why RTG is optional to its worldtype. Playing on default world will have no issues regarding worldgen. It just won't look as fancy.

T

Thalion740

Is this still active, and if so how do I get on the discord, the link is expired