Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
Enter here the world of the Arcane.

Magic Theory 2 is a now public pack that centers around the use of magic, but includes technology mods that will be or are integrated to the magical tier system. Through mods like ChromatiCraft, Thaumcraft (and numerous addons), Witchery, Blood Magic, and Aura Cascade, the world is no longer akin to the same old style of other modpacks. Using Climate Control and RTG, a landscape like no other is formed.

Features, Changes, and Others

Magic Theory 2 changes a great many things about its major mods. These changes are generally justified due to integration or progression reasons, but I am open to suggestions on Github or this forum. Now without further adieu, here are the changes.

Thaumcraft:
The wand system has been completely revamped. You will not be able to craft wands in the normal fashion. Every wand "upgrades" to their next tier following a rigid progression system that has some freedom. I made this change because I felt that the jump from Iron/Wood to Gold/Greatwood to Thaum/Silverwood and finally to either Infernal or Ichorcloth wands was too easy, and made the rest of the wand combinations just useless. The new system is below.

1. Wooden (Iron)
2. Treated Wood (Gold)
3. Greatwood (Silver)
4. Any of the Elementals from Thaumcraft (Obsidian/Icy/Quartz/Reed/Blazing/Bone) (Electrum)
5. Silverwood (Sojourner's/Mechanist's)
6. Livingwood/Blood (Manasteel/Alchemical)
7. Blood Wood/Dreamwood (Blood Iron/Elementium)
8. Infernal (Thaumium)
8b. Require Disposable Crystalline to progress
9. Ichorcloth (Ichorium)
10. Warpwood (Shadowmetal)
10b. Enable Normal Wand Combinations
11. Crystal Studded Cosmic Neutronium (N/A)

These wands should are crafted in a Vanilla crafting table, using a full wand of the previous tier and the components to make the next wand. The only exceptions is between T6 and T7 you cannot swap between Blood Magic and Botania versions of the wands.

Applied Energistics 2:
AE2 is a keystone mod for storage. I honestly was fine with adding it, but felt that it required major changes to fully integrated into a magical society. A number of changes have been applied to crafting for Applied Energistics. The mod was separated into nine tiers, each tier requiring more complex materials from other mods to advance to. A rough estimation of the tier list is below.

1. ME Chest, ME Cells 1k + 4k
2. Drives, Cables, 16k ME, Energy Acceptor
3. I/O Busses, Energy Cells
4. ME Controller, Provided you have Skystone
5. Crafting Terminal, Molecular Assembler
6. Interface Terminal, ME Interface, Crafting CPU, 64k ME
7. Security Terminal, Wireless Terminal, Wireless Access Point
8. P2P, Quantum Ring
9. Spatial IO

There are also another number of notable changes. Most of AE2 World Generation is fully disabled. Meteors and Charged Certus Quartz do not spawn. All of their products were integrated into the tier system.

General Changes:
A number of other changes were applied for consistency or integration. They vary from minor changes, like removing the AE2 Grindstone, to semi-major changes like replacing the majority of Redstone in recipes with Redcrystal. Power generation is also different, since large power mods like Thermal Expansion do not exist. The full list of changes can be found by either playing the pack or by browsing the Github. These were so frequent and minor that I did not note them down. It is intentional to not interrupt the progression of the magic mods. Other mods like Forestry, Immersive Engineering, and Railcraft may be overhauled like Applied Energistics, but they are much less powerful, so it is unlikely.

Notable Changes:
These include the changes that I have decided to list due to the impact they make on the game.
Hunger Overhaul exists. You can only get seeds by tilling grass into dirt.
Most recipes that used Redstone now use Redcrystal.
Sources of flight now require Ender Air. If I missed any they should be reported.

Immersion:
The entire modpack has taken a Botania approach to the HUD. Numbers are hidden except in cases where it cannot be avoided. Your WAILA is much more limited than usual, as far as being disabled in exceptionally dark areas. You cannot see numerical HP, and you cannot see other player's HP at all. Most WAILA modules are force disabled. Entity HP is displayed by Neat, only using the bar, without percentages or numerical health.

Pack Information

FTB Code: FNMagicT2
Discord Server
Github
Official Whitelist Server: FrozenNations.PlayAt.CH
(This server can be accessed through being accepted in Discord)

AgriCraft
Apple Core
Applied Energistics 2
Arcane Engineering
Arcane Arteries
Armor Status HUD
Attained Drops
Aura Cascade
Automagy
Avaritia
Baubles
BDLib
Bee Better at Bees
Better Achievements
Big Trees
Binnie Patcher
Binnie's Mods
Biomes OP
Blood Arsenal
Blood Magic
Botania
Botanical Addons
Bspkrs Core
Carpenter's Blocks
Catwalks
CaveControl
Chisel
ChromatiCraft
Climate Control
CodeChickenCore
CodeChickenLib
CoFH Core
CoFH Lib
Cooking for Blockheads
Crafting Craft
Crafting Tweaks
Custom Stuff 3
Dragon API
Dynamic Surroundings
Ender Core
Ender Zoo
Et Futurum
Expanded Industry
Extra Utilities
Farseek
Fastcraft
Floating Ruins
Forbidden Magic
Forestry
Forge Multipart
FTBLib
FTBTweaks
FTBUtilities
Gadomancy
Garden Stuff
GeoStrata
GrowthCraft
Hardcore Darkness
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Hardcore Wither
Hunger Overhaul
Immersive Engineering
Immersive Integration
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
JABBA
Journeymap
Lib Sandstone
Magic Bees
Mantle
MeteorCraft
Minetweaker3
ModLister
ModTweaker2
Morpheus
Natural Absorbtion
Neat
NEI Addons
NEI Integration
Nether Ores
Nether Portal Fix
Nodal Mechanics
No Mob Spawning on Trees
Not Enough Items
Not Enough Resources
Not Enough Thaumcraft Tabs
OpenBlocks
OpenMods Lib
Pam's Harvestcraft
Railcraft
Reliquary
Roguelike Dungeons
Realistic Terrain Generator
Storage Drawers
Streams
Tabula Rasa
Tainted Magic
TCBotaniaExoflame
TC Inventory Scan
TC Node Tracker
Thaumcraft
Thaumcraft Mob Aspects
Thaumcraft NEI Plugin
Thaumic Exploration
Thaumic Horizons
Thaumic Tinkerer
Twilight Forest
Waila
Waila Blacklist
Waila Events
Waila Harvestability
Waila Inhibitors
Witchery

On Bugs, Exploits, and other issues:

I do not have any personal beta testers to help test the pack. Yes, there will be issues. I will be playing through the pack on Frozen Nations, and I will be actively trying to fix any issues that are reported through Github.
If you plan on reporting an issue, upload your crash report or fml-client-latest.log if you do not have a crash report. Without these files, it is impossible to diagnose any issues that exist.

FAQ and Survival Tips

Currently, the guide book is empty. Eventually, it should be filled with this section and some additional details to help you get on your way. The only important note that I will leave here for now is the most important one about wand progression. In order to craft the next tier wand, you need a full wand of the previous tier. In order to make a Greatwood wand, your Treated Wood Wand must contain 45 vis of all aspects. That is possible, but I won't directly say how.

Update News

Version 3.0.0 worlds are incompatable with V2.2.0 and below. It is advised to use a new world on this version. Your previous saves may be usable, but will not be desirable.

Last edited:

Nedreow

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher doesn't seem to be downloading the pack properly, I only get vanilla minecraft when I download the pack.
Any solutions on my end or will it have to be fixed?

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
I have been made aware of this issue and am waiting on ftb to approve the fixed file. It shouldn't have broken at all.

Hirix

Jul 29, 2019
When downloading, seems Floating Ruins is duplicated in the pack so it cant launch. One called Floating Ruins and the other called [1.7.10]Floating Ruins

Shadows_of_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, So it appears that the download now works, but the mod Custom Stuff 3 that I am using to create my dummy items for wand progression doesn't work with the ftb launcher. I'm currently rewriting these items using another mod that hopefully works, and will upload an actual working file shortly. I really wasn't expecting as many issues as have happened.

Hirix

Jul 29, 2019
What mod is it that is creating random sounds? Keep hearing what sounds like a jet flying overhead even deep in the caves

Reaperjtm1

Jul 29, 2019
may I request bibliocraft, I mostly want it for shelves and the book shelf. I am ok with the printing press disabled.

Reactions: Hirix