[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played gregtech since 1.6.4 I believe so I find myself a bit lost at the moment. I am probably just missing something, but I can't seem to find a way into level 3 mining (diamonds specifically) without using thaumcraft which I would rather not use. Every material I can find that is level 3 mining capable, requires level 3 mining to get, or tech far advanced from the basic steam macerator I am trying to make. I've already found a graphite vein with diamonds all around it, I just can't get them. Do I just need to get lucky with chest loot to advanced? Or is there some resource I am overlooking that I need to find and mine with my level 2 picks to open up level 3?

Did gregtech has his own steam tank? or a liquid tank?
I know I could use Ender IO, Open blocks or BC tanks, but they are too cheap (ender IO not too much) and I feel like Im cheating..

P.D. Im still on bronze-Steel age

The fluid pipes themselves act as tanks, last time I played "gregtech only" I would just make like a 3x3x3 "box of pipes" and it would hold a fair bit of steam. The BC/Open Blocks tanks are cheap because they are tiny, railcraft tanks and drums have "gregified" recipes in this pack, they hold like 20-30 times as much minimum.

Reactions: Miguel1118

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Look for a nickel vein, and you'll find cobalt in there. Cobalt can just be smelted, and has a mining level of 3. Kept me in picks for awhile. I know you don't want to use thaumcraft, but looting up a few thaumium ingots isn't hard, and just use a file on 3 shards and it gives you a pickaxe head.

No research/thaumcraft needed, other than a few shards (terra has best durability, ordo silk touch, perditio weakest but fastest pick) and a looted ingot for the rod, which is in just about every chest I've found.

Diamonds are rather rare in my world, so I save my diamond pick for the harder materials, since granite/obsidian wrecks gregtech picks (takes more durability per block than stone).

Ah, cobalt, I thought that was just an advanced byproduct, guess that's another vein to look for. Thanks.

I am so against using magic this time that I removed thaumcraft from the pack, so I wont be finding any thaumium ingots.

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played gregtech since 1.6.4 I believe so I find myself a bit lost at the moment. I am probably just missing something, but I can't seem to find a way into level 3 mining (diamonds specifically) without using thaumcraft which I would rather not use. Every material I can find that is level 3 mining capable, requires level 3 mining to get, or tech far advanced from the basic steam macerator I am trying to make. I've already found a graphite vein with diamonds all around it, I just can't get them. Do I just need to get lucky with chest loot to advanced? Or is there some resource I am overlooking that I need to find and mine with my level 2 picks to open up level 3?

The fluid pipes themselves act as tanks, last time I played "gregtech only" I would just make like a 3x3x3 "box of pipes" and it would hold a fair bit of steam. The BC/Open Blocks tanks are cheap because they are tiny, railcraft tanks and drums have "gregified" recipes in this pack, they hold like 20-30 times as much minimum.

Look for a nickel vein, and you'll find cobalt in there. Cobalt can just be smelted, and has a mining level of 3. Kept me in picks for awhile. I know you don't want to use thaumcraft, but looting up a few thaumium ingots isn't hard, and just use a file on 3 shards and it gives you a pickaxe head.

No research/thaumcraft needed, other than a few shards (terra has best durability, ordo silk touch, perditio weakest but fastest pick) and a looted ingot for the rod, which is in just about every chest I've found.

Diamonds are rather rare in my world, so I save my diamond pick for the harder materials, since granite/obsidian wrecks gregtech picks (takes more durability per block than stone).

I too am fairly anti-thaumcraft, and it's either lots of sinking shafts every 3 chunks (using flint of course) until you hit paydirt, or lots and lots of looting chests. I did the latter until I was abit into my bronze age.

Reactions: Astasia

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, cobalt, I thought that was just an advanced byproduct, guess that's another vein to look for. Thanks.

I am so against using magic this time that I removed thaumcraft from the pack, so I wont be finding any thaumium ingots.

Yeah, when sinking your shafts look for "Garnierite". It's green. The vein is mixed garnierite, pentandite, cobaltite, and nickel at the bottom. Should be about sixty or so cobaltite blocks in a vein.

I found mine at y-34

Reactions: Astasia

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I was looking for thetrahedrite vein to get stibnite for batterys for like 2 hours in the layers 80-120 and didnt find nothing
Then I went for xray mod and continue looking for another 2 hours and still nothing!
I think xray mod didnt work well with gregtech ores, cause I was digging and then some ores that I didnt see before with x-ray appear
Is there a way to fix it? or to find that vein quickly?
I dont care if I have to cheat or use external programs for this, Im really tried tying to find it

Last edited:

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
Guys I was looking for thetrahedrite vein to get stibnite for batterys for like 2 hours in the layers 80-120 and didnt find nothing
Then I went for xray mod and continue looking for another 2 hours and still nothing!
I think xray mod didnt work well with gregtech ores, cause I was digging and then some ores that I didnt see before with x-ray appear
Is there a way to fix it? or to find that vein quickly?
I dont care if I have to cheat or use external programs for this, Im really tried tying to find it
You'd be right about xray mods not working, Greg did things specifically to hamper them so they screw up. The suggested method is create a world with the same seed and use cofh to destroy everything that's not ores to check. The command to clear within a hundred blocks of you is this.

Code:
/cofh clearblocks <name> 100 200 100 lava water stone dirt grass sand gravel

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
You'd be right about xray mods not working, Greg did things specifically to hamper them so they screw up.

It actually works well enough. It only shows exposed faces of ore, but that's all you need and all a lot of them do anyway (xray texture packs for example), between all the caves and the size of ore veins, it's very hard for a vein to be completely hidden, they stretch out and touch too many things. I used one for a few hours earlier just to find tin so I could actually start doing stuff, and I could pretty much see everything.

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
It actually works well enough. It only shows exposed faces of ore, but that's all you need and all a lot of them do anyway (xray texture packs for example), between all the caves and the size of ore veins, it's very hard for a vein to be completely hidden, they stretch out and touch too many things. I used one for a few hours earlier just to find tin so I could actually start doing stuff, and I could pretty much see everything.

Yes I found a lot of veins with xray but no one thetrahedrite in 4 hours, and thats suspicious..

You'd be right about xray mods not working, Greg did things specifically to hamper them so they screw up. The suggested method is create a world with the same seed and use cofh to destroy everything that's not ores to check. The command to clear within a hundred blocks of you is this.

Code:
/cofh clearblocks <name> 100 200 100 lava water stone dirt grass sand gravel

Thanks Im gonna use it :)

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
There goes another hour looking for it, Cant even find it with the cofh clearblocks..

Edit: Now I can assure there is something wrong here, there is no tetrahedrite vein in the map
2015_03_10_04_25_08.png

Last edited:

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
There goes another hour looking for it, Cant even find it with the cofh clearblocks..
I know how you feel. I spent looking for Tetrahedrite for quite some time as well... I ended up going to creative, potion of speed, rebound a sprint key to my side mouse button and started to fly around like mad. This is indeed one of the aspects of GregTech I personally dont like that much. Same goes with stuff like AE2 meteors, or Thaumcraft nodes. I havent yet checked the oregen style in GT6, but little spoiler on upcomming IT:R and AE2:
AE2 meteors will not be the only way of obtaining presses. Even in GT5 there is a way how to craft them, but it is a lot expensive. So what I might end up doing is lowering the cost of the presses to somewhat reasonable. Still expensive, but obtainable in mid-late MV age.
For TC aura nodes... I know that might be little cheaty, but what I recommend is a client side mod: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227328-thaumcraft-node-tracker - it is a simple client side mod, that will automaticaly waypoint an aura after you scan it :)

For GT ore spawn, i might do little tweaks in the end for some of the ores to be "more common", but not too much common.

Reactions: Dlur100 and SergeyS

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
@Miguel1118 It's antimony you want right? My suggestion is just go looking for a small ore, it should hopefully be easier to find then a tetrahedrite vein for you. Then you can use thaumcraft to transmute any other metal to it, you'll need a source of water or sugar cane to provide the aqua essentia though, I recommend crafting water buckets into fresh water from harvestcraft as it gets the four aqua without needing to destroy the bucket. Really though look into thaumcraft for metal transmutation, it's possible to transmute to a ton of different metals although some of the metals need materials that can be tricky to get without a mana bean farm. The full list of what it can transmute to by the way is iron, gold, copper, tin, silver, lead, zinc, nickel, antimony, cobalt, and aluminum but I haven't figured out how to unlock that last one, it can also transmute straight to pretty much any alloy that is a combination of those, makes steel even as an added bonus.

So yeah, thaumcraft plus a small ore may be your best bet, it's a reliable source of antimony once you get some to start and a supply of water.

Reactions: Miguel1118

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
I know how you feel. I spent looking for Tetrahedrite for quite some time as well... I ended up going to creative, potion of speed, rebound a sprint key to my side mouse button and started to fly around like mad. This is indeed one of the aspects of GregTech I personally dont like that much. Same goes with stuff like AE2 meteors, or Thaumcraft nodes. I havent yet checked the oregen style in GT6, but little spoiler on upcomming IT:R and AE2:
AE2 meteors will not be the only way of obtaining presses. Even in GT5 there is a way how to craft them, but it is a lot expensive. So what I might end up doing is lowering the cost of the presses to somewhat reasonable. Still expensive, but obtainable in mid-late MV age.
For TC aura nodes... I know that might be little cheaty, but what I recommend is a client side mod: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227328-thaumcraft-node-tracker - it is a simple client side mod, that will automaticaly waypoint an aura after you scan it :)

For GT ore spawn, i might do little tweaks in the end for some of the ores to be "more common", but not too much common.

I really didint like to cheat, but tetrahedrite seems to be really impossible to find even with creative, I have seen like 4 or 5 nodes near to my base, but havent seen any meteor, havent looked for them yet...

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OH SWEET JESUS!!!
2015_03_10_04_51_46.png

Reactions: Dentvar and Pyure

Astasia

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, when sinking your shafts look for "Garnierite". It's green. The vein is mixed garnierite, pentandite, cobaltite, and nickel at the bottom. Should be about sixty or so cobaltite blocks in a vein.

I found mine at y-34

Blarg, I thought I found it. There was some pentadite and something green, but it turned out to be mostly soapstone/talc.

I found a couple chests somewhere along the way, one of them had 3 dark steel ingots in it, I decided to risk it and craft them into a dark pick, turns out it can mine diamonds. The chest also had 2 diamonds in it though, so I had my macerator anyway.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Blarg, I thought I found it. There was some pentadite and something green, but it turned out to be mostly soapstone/talc.

I found a couple chests somewhere along the way, one of them had 3 dark steel ingots in it, I decided to risk it and craft them into a dark pick, turns out it can mine diamonds. The chest also had 2 diamonds in it though, so I had my macerator anyway.
Yea.. If you are lucky to find a dark steel, that is the best thing you can do with it. Make a pickaxe and then Sword :)

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
I'm attempting to add night vision to a dark helm after energizing it. I've added other things to the dark helm (spectacles, goggles of revealing, capacitors), but I can't get it to take a Potion of Night Vision. I've tried both the standard Potion of Night Vision (3:00) and the extended, it won't combine in the anvil. Any thoughts?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I'm attempting to add night vision to a dark helm after energizing it. I've added other things to the dark helm (spectacles, goggles of revealing, capacitors), but I can't get it to take a Potion of Night Vision. I've tried both the standard Potion of Night Vision (3:00) and the extended, it won't combine in the anvil. Any thoughts?
Just tried it. Added spectacles, goggles, all 3 capacitors and Potion of Night Vision (the 3 minute one, normal, NOT splash) and everything works fine.

edit: this test i performed in my 2.1.5 instance, i dont have 2.1.4 anymore to test it on that version. And currently cant download it.. internet being derpy again :(

Dlur100

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried it. Added spectacles, goggles, all 3 capacitors and Potion of Night Vision (the 3 minute one, normal, NOT splash) and everything works fine.

edit: this test i performed in my 2.1.5 instance, i dont have 2.1.4 anymore to test it on that version. And currently cant download it.. internet being derpy again :(
Oh, right I guess I should mention that our server is still on like 2.0.10 :( Heh

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Nether is a great place to find tin. Also found a ton in the end. Once found, a large tin vein will keep you going through most of the game.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, right I guess I should mention that our server is still on like 2.0.10 :( Heh
I am not even going to try to ask why... What at least i can say is: Your call, but dont report any broken stuff in earlier versions, because I don't care (that goes for official issue tracker or PMs; I am fine with talking about them in here). I already got few, was trying to find why the heck they are happening, unable to recreate and then I have found out THAT guy uses 1.1.9....

So just a friendly warning for all of you... using outdated version? At least first try to update to see if the issue is still present, then report. It helps a lot. I am not always listing everysingle fix in the updates, because I just dont remember. I am fixing stuff in bulks, often "off" the updating procedure, when I play, and then I will push those fixes in bulk.