[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone able to craft an AE2 "Network Tool"?

Would like to know if the recipe is just botched on my end. Its supposed to be a shapeless recipe.
Not getting recipe at all? Or the recipe shown by NEI is not working.[DOUBLEPOST=1413359868][/DOUBLEPOST]Regarding Food stuff... There will be a change in 1.1.6 which you will all probably like (except those like me :D )

Last edited:
Reactions: Darky212

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Not getting recipe at all? Or the recipe shown by NEI is not working.[DOUBLEPOST=1413359868][/DOUBLEPOST]Regarding Food stuff... There will be a change in 1.1.6 which you will all probably like (except those like me :D )
No recipe at all, but I'm not playing the very latest version.

Re. food: Sorry for being a whiny bitch about the food.[DOUBLEPOST=1413377738][/DOUBLEPOST]
i ended up making a new map as i went about 5k blocks and still couldnt find any so this new map i got lucky 200 blocks away a massive tin, coal and iron :)
As a possible alternative, you can use bees for tin if you're into those. Of course, that's a very substantial undertaking of its own. Also, there's an IC2 tin crop.

Reactions: Darky212

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
No recipe at all, but I'm not playing the very latest version.

Re. food: Sorry for being a whiny bitch about the food.

No worries. You are not alone in that :)

About the network tool: Looks like its not showing up in NEI at all, but should be craftable (check the AE wiki for recipe and try that, or use CraftGuide)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Just for clarification because I just woke up and my last reply was sort of useless: The tool itself does show up in NEI for me, but without a crafting recipe. When I tried last night to craft it using a wiki, I found it relied on a "certus quartz wrench". This wrench does not appear at all in the wiki and my attempts to craft it using an X pattern with various certus-type crystals didn't work.

I'm guessing the Tool recipe doesn't exist because it depends on an item which doesn't exist. If necessary we could probably create a recipe using a certus-block (4 quartz) instead of the missing wrench (5 quartz). Let me know if you want me to provide you a recipe for that.

Craftguide just crashes my client on me when I attempt to "set item" so I don't play with it much.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok Network Tool is not craftable afterall. Will look at the problem whenI get home. But its most likely directly in AE2.[DOUBLEPOST=1413380076][/DOUBLEPOST]If you want you can make the recipe for it, but its only 2 lines of script, so i think I will be able to do it :D[DOUBLEPOST=1413380298][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway in think better will be to enable the Certus Wrench, in case there are some other recipes dependant on it. It got disabled with the tools, and i hadnt realized that will happen :D Apologizes, but this will be in 1.1.7 update down the line. Will make a quickfix file for ppl who wants to get Network Tool without cheating today:)

Last edited:
Reactions: MigukNamja

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Curses, intercontinental communication xD
We need some kind of basic, once use bucket ... because you cant make bread with just a crafting table, its kinda iffy and im having real trouble finding enough food on the dev server, having finally found somewhere far away enough from everyone else and the massive taint biome not far from, judging by the layout, majpaynes base ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
We need some kind of basic, once use bucket ... because you cant make bread with just a crafting table, its kinda iffy and im having real trouble finding enough food on the dev server, having finally found somewhere far away enough from everyone else and the massive taint biome not far from, judging by the layout, majpaynes base ...

I'm currently in Turkey so I know what you mean about intercontinental communications!! Just finally found wifi so thought I'd check in :) some new people too (as I've seen from the emails) good!!!!

Edit: are taint biomes set to spread?! They are a pain in the ass unless your really really into magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019

I have a base?! Awesome!

Actually, I haven't even logged in to the dev server yet. I was still talking with Grove about getting whitelisted, and I was doing a lot of travel for work last week and this week.

I hope that guy's base was a mess, which made you think it was mine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Update v1.1.6 - Technology Focus

Forge Updated to 10.13.1.1223

New mods:
- BigReactors and CoFHCore
- CustomOreGen and Per Fabrica Ad Astra - disabled by default. Provided for those who bit more realistic (and easier) GT ore gen. Warning, you will need to learn the look of new ores. Will not work well with current worlds. Recommended creating new world.
- Waila Harvestability

Updated mods:
- Binnie Mods to 2.0-dev5
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.0
- CodeChickenCore to 1.0.4.29
- EnderIO to 2.1.1.235
- Forestry to 3.1.1.4
- Galacticraft (all 3 modules) to 3.0.5.222
- GregTech to 5.05.12
- IC2 to 2.2.650
- LogisticPipes to 0.8.1.68
- MineTweaker3 to 3.0.9
- NEIPlugins Unofficial to 1.1.0.11
- NEI to 1.0.3.62
- OpenComponents to 0.2.1.25
- OpenComputers to 1.3.6.69
- PneumaticCraft to 1.2.10-25
- ProjectZulu to 1.3d
- Refined Relocation to 1.0.6f
- SpiceOfLife to 1.2.2 - now disabled by default. Provided for those who wants to add bit more challenge, and have a reason to cook more food.
- Thaumcraft to 4.2.1.3
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5.396
- Wireless Restone to 1.4.1.6
- YAMPST to 1.1.6

- Rehauled Extra Bees comb processing. It now needs to be processed in Alloy Smelter. You also get one extra ingot/dust for this. Thanks to @MigukNamja
- Disabled ProjectRed Marble caves. Redundant with Chisel Marble.
- Forestry farms changed to be squared instead of diamond shaped
- Thaumcraft saplings droprate tweaked to 10% when using Thaumium Grafter
- Moved Oxygen bars to the bottom right
- Moved Wand dial display to the top left
- Re-enabled Inventory Tweaks shortcuts
- Hunger Overhaul less painfull
- Forestry Ethanol/Biomass is bit more useful now
- Items now drop into Tombstones on death. Armor and Inventory items will take 5 extra damage from death. Items on hotbar will take 10 more. Items equipped in Galacticraft tab will drop on ground. To collect items from the grave, right click the grave. Breaking the TombStone may cause some items to be lost.
- EnderIO SagMill properly crushing Redstone Ore from Gregtech
- Forestry farms set to squared (lets hope forever now)
- Red Alloy Ingots are unifying to ProjectRed version instead of GT.
- Fixed an energy usage of some processing recipes in eIO (Alloy Smelter and SAG Mill)
- Semi-Fixed Railcraft Stone Brick Wall crafting, when PFAA is enabled.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
I have a base?! Awesome!

Actually, I haven't even logged in to the dev server yet. I was still talking with Grove about getting whitelisted, and I was doing a lot of travel for work last week and this week.

I hope that guy's base was a mess, which made you think it was mine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Really?
Then someone stole your layout ideas from the post on like, page 15? lol

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Very glad someone told me that FTB does indeed have a Gregtech 5 modpack available. Just began playing it. Just curious why the mod that removes all tree leaves instantly once the tree trunk is gone isn't in the pack? Just one of my pet peeves, seeing those leaf blocks everywhere after I've harvested a small forest. I hate that (OCD obv), and I thought all modpacks were using it now to reduce server lag from those leaf blocks ticking? Also disappointed that I can't make charcoal in a furnace (that's absurd), but I guess I'm going to learn to hate Gregtech all over again. LOL

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Welcome to hardship and annoyance and stuff :)

Very glad someone told me that FTB does indeed have a Gregtech 5 modpack available. Just began playing it. Just curious why the mod that removes all tree leaves instantly once the tree trunk is gone isn't in the pack?
Would deprecate scythes and other leaf-destroying tools

Also disappointed that I can't make charcoal in a furnace (that's absurd
Would somewhat deprecate coalcoke ovens, overly-facilitate automated coal-power generation, and generally make initial life too easy.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I got spoiled by another modpack, apparently they re-buffed some of Greg's nerfs. Not allowing charcoal for early game def seems like a typical Gregorius thing. :D I'm typing on the forums while I wait for the 7 minutes of nighttime to pass in my little 1x2 hole in the ground... because I have no light because I couldn't make any charcoal. Whee!

I do like the book that we're given at spawn to describe the GT ore distribution. However, I found the ores to be very problematic. There's no way to dig to find ores (unless you're insane enough to spend hours and days looking), ravines never revealed any ores at all (which is how rare the ores occur), and I only found a few exposed veins by examining mountain ranges. It's as if all the ores are intentionally hidden and Greg is laughing and muttering "good luck finding them, suckers!". hahaha Having said that... when I did come across a useful vein of some ore, it was always a joyous occasion, a time to celebrate. But those moments were so few and far between, and the ores I would find were often not useful to me yet... where were the coal veins I could use? Or the silver or lead vein I could never find? Do any of you have any tips for finding ores? I wanted silver to make a bunch of solar boilers, but I couldn't ever find any of it except for a couple of random small ores.

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I guess I got spoiled by another modpack, apparently they re-buffed some of Greg's nerfs. Not allowing charcoal for early game def seems like a typical Gregorius thing. :D I'm typing on the forums while I wait for the 7 minutes of nighttime to pass in my little 1x2 hole in the ground... because I have no light because I couldn't make any charcoal. Whee!
This is definitely a challenge. It irritated the hell out of me and I'm still thinking there needs to be a crappy Day 1 torch option of some sort.

Couple of options:
1) Coal Ore veins are now gigantic and easy to see from the surface. Run around till you find one on some exposed rock
2) Make a coal coke oven really fast if you have clay/sand nearby
3) Make a normal furnace and burn other crap (like cobblestone) so that the furnace itself generates enough light until morning (I seriously did this once)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It never made any sense to me that charcoal and coal provide the same capability. Why not allow charcoal for early game, but make it like a weaker version of coal so that perhaps one charcoal only smelts 4 ores instead of the 8 ores coal can smelt? Or maybe allow two torches per charcoal instead of the 4 torches when using coal?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
It never made any sense to me that charcoal and coal provide the same capability. Why not allow charcoal for early game, but make it like a weaker version of coal so that perhaps one charcoal only smelts 4 ores instead of the 8 ores coal can smelt? Or maybe allow two torches per charcoal instead of the 4 torches when using coal?
Agreed, sadly we'd need to bring this up with Mojangsoft :)