[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

AtP

Jul 29, 2019
Try inverting the transformer.

Simple answer: no.

Edit: Also, if energy is a concern to process tungsten, then you may wanna upgrade gour energy system.

I tried it and it still doesnt work. Either the greg machine explodes, or gets no energy. I always place a battery inside to proof it gets no energy... And ye.. It doesnt get any?! I also tried it without and nothing happened :-((
Adding I still dont know how to connect ic2 machines without a cable... Got a answer too for this? THX!

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
I tried it and it still doesnt work. Either the greg machine explodes, or gets no energy. I always place a battery inside to proof it gets no energy... And ye.. It doesnt get any?! I also tried it without and nothing happened :-((
Adding I still dont know how to connect ic2 machines without a cable... Got a answer too for this? THX!
You are probably not creating enough energy, neither one of the Ic2 generators you are using are a great route to take with in this pack. In order for the inverted transformer to output you will need 4 amps going into it from the Ic2 side. Personally id recommend going a different route for power since your already losing efficiency just getting to GT power and thats not a good thing at LV

AtP

Jul 29, 2019
You are probably not creating enough energy, neither one of the Ic2 generators you are using are a great route to take with in this pack. In order for the inverted transformer to output you will need 4 amps going into it from the Ic2 side. Personally id recommend going a different route for power since your already losing efficiency just getting to GT power and thats not a good thing at LV

Ik, but theres no other ic2 machine.. only nuclear... And I just got no idea how to sum the ic2 energy of more generators up. All ic2 cables are missing

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Ik, but theres no other ic2 machine.. only nuclear... And I just got no idea how to sum the ic2 energy of more generators up. All ic2 cables are missing
If you knew already, dare I ask why you are doing that? Also have you tried the ULV transformer, inverting an LV is attempting to output MV.

AtP

Jul 29, 2019
I didnt know. Thats why I am asking if theres a way ^^ Gonna try ulv of greg and lv of ic2

AtP

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, it worked, but both, the greg transformer and greg machine catch fire all the time. Can u tell me the compareable transformers? After some sec they exploded aswell^^

Last edited:
G

Greyfell309

You are in for a surprise if you think tungsten takes a lot of time and energy :p
Actually it's my second time i play this modpack. This pack is has everything i would want. But lot has changed since last year. And this time i will avoid lava energy, since first time, lava got me all the way to the mark II fusion reactor.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013

You should power IC2 machines with gregtech power, not the other way around. For every power generation method from IC2, there is a better GT way of doing it.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Hi. Is there no way to get tungsten other than GT? Because that take a huge amount of time and energy.

I'm gonna stick this little one in spoilers
If power is an issue- you'll want to upgrade your power supply regardless but this might make life easier.
Drogon dies in Game of Thrones :)

...just kidding, here ya go ;)
Put better coils in the EBF-
from what I understand for every 900k you exceed a recipes temperature, the EBF gains 5% efficiency
and for every 1800k you exceed, you can overclock by 1 tier without the energy penalty.​
So in theory- make some tungsten coils, then HSS-G?? coils, then recycle the tungsten coils and reclaim the materials.

EconBrony

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it's my second time i play this modpack. This pack is has everything i would want. But lot has changed since last year. And this time i will avoid lava energy, since first time, lava got me all the way to the mark II fusion reactor.
Theres even more changes to Gregtech 5u out there now. New multiblocks, complete overhaul to chemistry and more.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
Put better coils in the EBF-
from what I understand for every 900k you exceed a recipes temperature, the EBF gains 5% efficiency
and for every 1800k you exceed, you can overclock by 1 tier without the energy penalty.​
So in theory- make some tungsten coils, then HSS-G?? coils, then recycle the tungsten coils and reclaim the materials.

citation? can't find this listed anywhere

C

CabbageFoot

So... I have a huge problem. I just got back into this game recently, and am running V1.7.10 of the modpack. Problem is my hoes seem to not work. Instead of making farmland when you right click on grass/dirt it simply converts grass into dirt and sometimes drops seeds. Is there any solution for this? I literally can't farm becuase of this because I can't make farmland at all. I tried reproducing this with a regular hoe and with a gregtech hoe, both do the same thing.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
You need a watersource/sprinkler nearby for it to turn to farmland. Most likely it's turning to grass=>farmland=>dirt instantly.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
So... I have a huge problem. I just got back into this game recently, and am running V1.7.10 of the modpack. Problem is my hoes seem to not work. Instead of making farmland when you right click on grass/dirt it simply converts grass into dirt and sometimes drops seeds. Is there any solution for this? I literally can't farm becuase of this because I can't make farmland at all. I tried reproducing this with a regular hoe and with a gregtech hoe, both do the same thing.

You need a watersource/sprinkler nearby for it to turn to farmland. Most likely it's turning to grass=>farmland=>dirt instantly.

just tested in game and verified, need to have water or else it just goes to dirt right away

C

CabbageFoot

Thanks for the fast response. seem's that is what was going on. Strange, did notch change this or he modpack? Was this to combat the crop induced block deletion?

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast response. seem's that is what was going on. Strange, did notch change this or he modpack? Was this to combat the crop induced block deletion?
I'm pretty sure this was a minecraft change aeons ago...but i could be wrong. I don't even remember a time where water wasn't needed for farmland...