[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Have you considered making either 1k or 4k driv3 per item? Doesn't cost much and a 1k drive can hold arround 24k maybe more of one type of item. Worst case scenario, until you can upgrade, you can spam a load of 1k for specific items.

That's not what this page on ME Storage Math says. But maybe the math is different in Infitech?

It says a 1K drive with only 1 item in it can hold 127 stacks, which is 8128 items.
So two of those 1k drives will hold the same amount as a Jabba barrel with two structural upgrades, or 256 stacks of one item. That's not a lot really. I generally have to upgrade the barrels to level 5, the steel upgrade which can hold 2048 stacks of one item.

According to that math page, a 64k drive with 1 item in it can hold 8128 stacks, which is about a half-million items. Now that's much better. That's 4 of the steel Jabba barrels. Now we're getting closer to what I need, but I'll still need lots of em... maybe 100 drives is too high an estimate but surely i'll need 50 anyways.

Having said all that... there's no way I'm gonna micro-manage my AE drives and use the Workbench to filter each drive to hold a different specific item. That seems like crazy over-management to me, too much effort for zero real benefit. I intend to just spam the drives/bays and let AE2 figure out where the items go. I really don't care what it does with em because all my drive bays will be in a central location, my server room I guess.

Oh, and just for comparison/conversation... a GT Quantum Chest, even the lowest tier-one version of it, can hold something close to 2 million items, if I recall correctly (not in-game)... but they cost WAY more than a Jabba barrel does, obv. I have osmium but don't think spending it on chests is very wise right now.

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
That's not what this page on ME Storage Math says. But maybe the math is different in Infitech?

It says a 1K drive with only 1 item in it can hold 127 stacks, which is 8128 items.
So two of those 1k drives will hold the same amount as a Jabba barrel with two structural upgrades, or 256 stacks of one item. That's not a lot really. I generally have to upgrade the barrels to level 5, the steel upgrade which can hold 2048 stacks of one item.

According to that math page, a 64k drive with 1 item in it can hold 8128 stacks, which is about a half-million items. Now that's much better. That's 4 of the steel Jabba barrels. Now we're getting closer to what I need, but I'll still need lots of em... maybe 100 drives is too high an estimate but surely i'll need 50 anyways.

Having said all that... there's no way I'm gonna micro-manage my AE drives and use the Workbench to filter each drive to hold a different specific item. That seems like crazy over-management to me, too much effort for zero real benefit. I intend to just spam the drives/bays and let AE2 figure out where the items go. I really don't care what it does with em because all my drive bays will be in a central location, my server room I guess.

Oh, and just for comparison/conversation... a GT Quantum Chest, even the lowest tier-one version of it, can hold something close to 2 million items, if I recall correctly (not in-game)... but they cost WAY more than a Jabba barrel does, obv. I have osmium but don't think spending it on chests is very wise right now.
It seems you are right. I guess it's been longer than i thought since i played and forgot what i'm using to store my Redstone dust.. Sorry for misleading.

But now..with what you said...i think Quantum Chest or highly structured Jabba barrel are the solution to go to if you won't want to waste anything. Other than that, i'd go with what Pyure said. When you get to a certain point, you might aswell just void it... OR just a thought....Fill a room of Quantum chest V and when those are all full....store them in Spatial storage just for the purpose of being able to say "I should of listen to Pyure and void..." :p

Reactions: asb3pe

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
I installed stacks on stacks, a mod that lets me build warehouses and place dust/ingots in the world as blocks. A moderately sized warehouse, 9*9*18 on the inside, built with the floor at y=64, completely hollow to bedrock holds 3/4 of a million items

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I installed stacks on stacks, a mod that lets me build warehouses and place dust/ingots in the world as blocks. A moderately sized warehouse, 9*9*18 on the inside, built with the floor at y=64, completely hollow to bedrock holds 3/4 of a million items
Does it add anything else (like crafting recipes) or bug to the rest of the modpack. I'm just curious ;)

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
Nothing other than the physical placement of dust/ingots, which is just a right click to place and a left to pick-up.

Lighting is a little buggy (sometimes the piles render in darkness) but don't take my word for it, it might not be the stacks mod, i modded the mod pack with optifine + shaders

e: and when i said it lets me build warehouses, the warehouses are just an aesthetic thing i built like any other house, they don't come with the mod, you could build a pillar of lapis dust in your front yard if you wanted to.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing other than the physical placement of dust/ingots, which is just a right click to place and a left to pick-up.

Lighting is a little buggy (sometimes the piles render in darkness) but don't take my word for it, it might not be the stacks mod, i modded the mod pack with optifine + shaders

e: and when i said it lets me build warehouses, the warehouses are just an aesthetic thing i built like any other house, they don't come with the mod, you could build a pillar of lapis dust in your front yard if you wanted to.
yah I figured as much for the Warehosue. I'm more interested in the ingot/dust placement part. It's something I've thought of doing back in the days in a crude manner by placing Block of Ingots (I know, completely inefficient.) But when you don't know what to do to make your life more complicated, you think of about just anything :p.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
2017-07-13_11.11.36.png Here's 1.5 stacks of Iron and a stack of Tungsten. Note that the dust texture doesn't change size/height if there is less than 64 dusts in it, 1 dust is the same size as 64. you can place them down 1 by 1 or shift click for full stack in one go

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 34250 Here's 1.5 stacks of Iron and a stack of Tungsten. Note that the dust texture doesn't change size/height if there is less than 64 dusts in it, 1 dust is the same size as 64. you can place them down 1 by 1 or shift click for full stack in one go
Sweet. I'm gonna assume the texture work along with the texture pack your using or does it require a texture specifically for this mod?

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
it comes with the texture and is coloured based on the color of the item itself, generated on load. I turned all my packs off and it looks the same

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Big reactors, shoul i bother with them (in this modpack) or use something GT/IC2 have to offer?
Depends on various factors.
- Do you have access to other (less costly/more efficient) power source?
- Do you enjoy having diverse power network?
- Do you like trying new stuff?

If you answered yes/no/no to these questions, then i'd assume it's safe to say you don't want to bother with it as RF can be generated via GT energy.

Reactions: GammaGoblin

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
There is another thing to consider, while they consume an incredible amount of water to do it they can generate an incredible amount of steam, which can be fed into normal GT steam turbines for EU. You'll need a lot of water though, and they've got different water to steam ratios so you can't create a closed loop or anything even. Just need a lot of water generation.

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
you're going to want a BR reactor hooked up to a GT large steam turbine, only because you're gonna get SO much yellourium and it's better than voiding/recycling it all

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i am in dire need of two things:
1)Dirt. I kinda dont want to produce it via biochaff since i use it to make biogass.
https://forestryforminecraft.info/farms:configuration
Here it says i could get dirt with some config. I tried it and i get peat, but not dirt. Am i doing smth wrong (i have configured circuit and planted bog earth)?

2)Some lighting source apart from torches. And wireless/passive too, since i have already enough cables, GT-EU cables, Item/Fluid conduits, AE-cables..

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, i am in dire need of two things:
1)Dirt. I kinda dont want to produce it via biochaff since i use it to make biogass.
https://forestryforminecraft.info/farms:configuration
Here it says i could get dirt with some config. I tried it and i get peat, but not dirt. Am i doing smth wrong (i have configured circuit and planted bog earth)?

2)Some lighting source apart from torches. And wireless/passive too, since i have already enough cables, GT-EU cables, Item/Fluid conduits, AE-cables..
1) Dirt you get only occasionaly from Peat Bog farm.

2) Wireless Powered Light from EnderIO

Reactions: GammaGoblin