[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
The problem with using Nitro-Diesel fuel to run the Advanced Miner II is that there aren't any Diesel Turbines higher than HV tier. For running the Miner at EV tier you need 2 HV Diesel Turbines (because the quarry only requires 1/2 amp to operate, not a full amp). Two turbines is pretty simple and easy. That's why I run my Miner II at EV tier. But let's say we want to get a bit faster and go to IV tier... now we need 8 HV Diesel Turbines and 2 transformers. And for LuV tier, we'd need 32 HV Diesels and 3 transformers. It's beginning to get a bit ridiculous. Might as well just pack up a Large Diesel Engine multiblock and build one of them in the field with the Quarry each time we run it. LOL

So yeah, nitro works for up to EV tier, but for IV tier and higher, I assume the only way to go is with battery power... most likely setting up some battery transfer system using Dimensional Transceivers or something.

One thing I always wondered about... but since I never got there I don't know... is the use of Naquadah Reactors to power a Miner II in the field feasible? Or perhaps there's a magical energy device that could be used... if anyone has good suggestions, please pass them along. :)

How well can Gt multiblocks be moved with ForgeRelocation/Framez? It gets to a point where its probably easier to build a fully mobile rig rather than dismantle and reassemble every time.

I

Ilirith

gt doesn't play nice with AE2 spatial things, abd I assume that's the same functionality

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Frames move things around in world, kinda like pistons on steroids. The AE thingy takes it out of the world and whacks it into a disk drive right??
The simple answer: Yes.

Assuming this is related to the above post about making a fully mobile miner/oil rig. Then again, tbe simple answer would be: Yes AE2 has the capacity to take the rig and it's power generator as is and load it onto a spacial data storage. Then, you can unload as it was where you want it to be.

For example: in my world, i moved The End portal to my base because it was more convenient.

In short, the possibility with AE2 spacial storage are limitless.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't done it myself, have just been told by veterans of GT, that AE2 spatial doesn't play nice with gt machinery, such as blocks being deleted and whatnot
Hmm, you piqued my curiosity. I'll go ahead and make a Distillation tower and try it right away. :).

Edit #1: Just in case you had the idea of using it. I can confirm you that the Buildcraft Builder does not replicate Gregtech Multiblock correctly. Atleast, the last time i played infitech 2 (3.2.20) Though i highly doubt this has changed in 3.2.21.

Edit 2 (Result of test): So it work about 50% of the way i'd say. I'll explain and also post some pictures.

Working
- By working, i mean that you can safely store the multiblock inside the Spatial Storage. You can also "safely" output the stored multiblock. (I say "safely" because i have no idea what the effect would be on say a Mutliblock Turbine.)

Not working
- By not working, i mean that when the multiblock get outputted, some block (mainly the function block such as Hatch, Bus, Main block, etc) get outputted as ".Name" block and have glitched skin (not a recognized item.)

However, the ".Name" problem can be easily fixed by logging off and then back on to the server. Though this is not a perfect fix, it is by far a much better work arround than using the Buildcraft Builder (see Edit #1 above.)

It is also a somewhat better work arround to dismantling everything and moving it to a new location if you 1) Have no patience for that and 2) Have the power to supply the Spatial Pylons.

Last edited:

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
Just did a multiblock diesel to test complex GT and AE2 Spatial, got the .name blocks on the important bits, relogged and everything was good. I did have it running perfectly at the time of storage and it all came back dead, empty and un-repaired.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Just did a multiblock diesel to test complex GT and AE2 Spatial, got the .name blocks on the important bits, relogged and everything was good. I did have it running perfectly at the time of storage and it all came back dead, empty and un-repaired.
Well for that there's an easy solution. Kepe in mind it's not a fix but rather a kind of workarround.

It involve a mix of Shutters, GT Wireless Transmitter/receiver, a "Need Maintenance Cover"

My idea behind this (would need testing has it's been a while and i haven't tested in the above condition) is as follow:
- Output fuel to the Generator only when signal is active at "X" Quantity (minimal ammount required to run at peak efficiency)
- Signal is receive by the Need Maintenance Cover that send a signal if the machine is at "Y" efficiency (can be manually set between 60-100% efficiency.)

In theory, when you move the whole setup, the multiblock won't be recognized due the ".Name". When you log off and back in, the machine will setup correctly. it will then detect that it doesn't require further maintenance to operate and should send a signal to activate the fuel input which in turn will activate the Multiblock.

Edit: So i tested my theory with a Large Gas Turbine.
- Ended up eating my turbine when i loged back in.
- Even though the Duct tape still showed on the Maintenance Hatch, the maintenance was gone (Which is normal considering it's as if you moved the main block.)

Result: The transfer of multiblock using spatial storage with the method i described above is fesable if your willing to work a tiny bit
- You need to remove your Turbine before transfering to spatial storage.
- If you have a tank with fluid inside, do not transfer it to spatial storage (it'll be drained)
- If you have a battery buffer with battery inside, do not transfer it to spatial storage (the battery will dissapear)

So depending on how you feed your fluid and how you retrieve the power, using spatial storage is possible though a bit unintuitive.

Edit #2: For some odd reason, Bedrockium Drum cannot be transported in a Spatial Storage. It's probably too heavy for the memory of the Spatial Storage.

Last edited:

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
sounds like it's best used to just transport the basic layout/framework for the miner/drill setup, so that you don't have to place all the dumb blocks, just the complex few

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
sounds like it's best used to just transport the basic layout/framework for the miner/drill setup, so that you don't have to place all the dumb blocks, just the complex few
In the case of a Miner or Oil Rig, yes it would probably be faster to just dismantle it completely rather than placing down Spatial Pylon.

I would probably see myself using the Spatial Pylon system in a more complexe Power Plant where you may have Shared Mutliblock (for example: I use a shared wall OctoDistillation Tower along with a complexe Pipe system.) This is the kind of situation where it would be easyer for me to Spatial storage the whole thing even if it mean losing some liquid (or i could just wait till it run dry.)

ijustwantpics

Dec 13, 2013
For drills/AMIIs, I'm thinking have a robot place the pylons in the next drilling area while the drill is active in the current area, then when the drill finishes its an immediate swap, and then a robot can pick up the pylons and redeploy them again in the next next area.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
For drills/AMIIs, I'm thinking have a robot place the pylons in the next drilling area while the drill is active in the current area, then when the drill finishes its an immediate swap, and then a robot can pick up the pylons and redeploy them again in the next next area.
You'll ned your pylons in order to store the setup in the spatial storage. So you'll need twice the pylons/storage devices. But non the less, i can see some potential here.. Your making me wonder if robots can dismantle the Miner & Rig and then place them in the desired location. If so, no need for spatial storage transportation.

Though i won't be able to test this one because i have no knowledge of any robots exept a very tiny bit of PneumaticCraft Drones which i haven't had the chance to try out yet (only watched videos on them.)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Storage of items is a problem for me, I now have AE2 going, but 10 drives isn't gonna cut it and I can't make 50 or 100 of the 64k drives for a while. LOL

Spent a few weeks making all the bees, so now I have all the combs coming in, but between all the crushed ores, all the dusts, and all the combs... holy cow, it's a lot of storage required. What do I do?

Right now everything is in Jabba barrels which works, but it's not very efficient since I have to keep shuffling stuff around as I process it slowly one ore at a time. I have a wall of 100 Jabba barrels, and that doesn't include the combs which I'm storing in AE!!

I can't possibly make a storage bus for each barrel, and even AE drives doesn't seem like they will be sufficient over the long haul. What do the rest of you do for Gregtech storage? Should I just spend a few weeks making AE drives and be done with it? Or go ahead and make 200 storage busses for all my barrels?

I'd go with Storage Drawers because that mod has the nice Drawer Controller which only would require one AE2 Storage Bus to connect all those items... however, I don't think even the largest drawer with the highest tier upgrade will be large enough, meaning each item stored will required multiple drawers. Barrels seem way better, but then I have the Storage Bus issue to deal with. But barrels can easily be upgraded to hold 2000+ stacks (I can make Enderium plates). Quantum Chests from Gregtech apparently hold even more, but I'd still have the same problem of needing a Storage Bus for each chest, right?

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Storage of items is a problem for me, I now have AE2 going, but 10 drives isn't gonna cut it and I can't make 50 or 100 of the 64k drives for a while. LOL

Spent a few weeks making all the bees, so now I have all the combs coming in, but between all the crushed ores, all the dusts, and all the combs... holy cow, it's a lot of storage required. What do I do?

Right now everything is in Jabba barrels which works, but it's not very efficient since I have to keep shuffling stuff around as I process it slowly one ore at a time. I have a wall of 100 Jabba barrels, and that doesn't include the combs which I'm storing in AE!!

I can't possibly make a storage bus for each barrel, and even AE drives doesn't seem like they will be sufficient over the long haul. What do the rest of you do for Gregtech storage? Should I just spend a few weeks making AE drives and be done with it? Or go ahead and make 200 storage busses for all my barrels?

I'd go with Storage Drawers because that mod has the nice Drawer Controller which only would require one AE2 Storage Bus to connect all those items... however, I don't think even the largest drawer with the highest tier upgrade will be large enough, meaning each item stored will required multiple drawers. Barrels seem way better, but then I have the Storage Bus issue to deal with. But barrels can easily be upgraded to hold 2000+ stacks (I can make Enderium plates). Quantum Chests from Gregtech apparently hold even more, but I'd still have the same problem of needing a Storage Bus for each chest, right?
Have you considered making either 1k or 4k driv3 per item? Doesn't cost much and a 1k drive can hold arround 24k maybe more of one type of item. Worst case scenario, until you can upgrade, you can spam a load of 1k for specific items.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'd go with Storage Drawers because that mod has the nice Drawer Controller which only would require one AE2 Storage Bus to connect all those items... however, I don't think even the largest drawer with the highest tier upgrade will be large enough, meaning each item stored will required multiple drawers.
I like to do this too even though it feels super-cheaty (1 channel for tons of controlled drawers). Do you really need to store that much stuff though? I feel like once you have sufficiently-stupid quantities of a thing, its ok to slap a void-upgrade on the drawer too (which, granted, reduces your storage capability, but who needs millions of iron ingots?)