[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Which log file do I look at to see what ore is spawning as I play the game? 80 shafts without the ore I need is enough, and I'm tired of it. I'm not far enough along to use seismic prospectors.

I remember reading that as you discover new areas, a log file will show you the ore that's generating, but I'm having trouble finding the file.
There is no such file. The only thing close enough is triggered oregen with GT debug turned on (dont remember if debug1 or 2). It will show in the log just an info that some vein tried to generate. If it was successful or not it will not show.

edit: that file is just normal fml log file (located at the server side)

A

Agrax

Which log file do I look at to see what ore is spawning as I play the game? 80 shafts without the ore I need is enough, and I'm tired of it. I'm not far enough along to use seismic prospectors.

I remember reading that as you discover new areas, a log file will show you the ore that's generating, but I'm having trouble finding the file.

An extremelly cheaty and cheap way for you to find exact ores u r looking 4 is simply generate the second world with the same seed, tp to your home location and type two commands

/cofh clearblocks [playername] [x z y] ; 1
/cofh clearblocks [playername] [x z y] ; 4

It gets rid of all stone and dirt around you in a specified radius by x y and z variable.

As i said- its available, but it ruins all fun. It should be avoided at all cost.
Use at your own risk.

B

Boshy

well i blew up almost half of my machines the second time even tho i thought after the first time that will never happen again.
If that would happen one more time im not sure if i would rebuild everything again.
i like the modpack because its kinda hard but losing stuff you worked for days if not weeks just hurts
You should seriously consider making more World Backups before you start setting up something big. It helps me out a Lot as the backup System is really relyable and allows you to get back to certain points easily.

B

Boshy

I think you should reconsider your mining strategy. Every orespawn is dedicated to a 3x3 Chunk area/grid. Once you found an ore of any kind, you should be able to tell where the borders of the 3x3 Chuck area is, therefore you can tell how the Chunk grids are spread and digging down into the very Center of each grid gives you a fairly high chance of finding any ore. Trust me, this is far more rewarding and a lot better, since straight tunnels dont get you anywhere. You should really give it a shot!

C

Chriss22

You should seriously consider making more World Backups before you start setting up something big. It helps me out a Lot as the backup System is really relyable and allows you to get back to certain points easily.
i could maybe do this if........it would be my server or singleplayer

Reactions: Boshy

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody know why mass fabricators would refuse to operate in a processing array?
Because they are not supported, due to special code they are using. Same goes for some others: Amplificator, Disassembler, Electric Furnace, Microwave, Printer, Fluid Canner, Forming Press, Rock Breaker, Replicator Scanner

Reactions: MarcNemesis

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Because they are not supported, due to special code they are using. Same goes for some others: Amplificator, Disassembler, Electric Furnace, Microwave, Printer, Fluid Canner, Forming Press, Rock Breaker, Replicator Scanner
Nice to know. I was planning of making a humongus processing array (assuming such a thing is possible.)

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks.

Follow up: any idea why a LV mass fabricator wouldn't run alone on a dedicated LV line immediately after getting transformed down from MV? It runs for a few seconds and then runs out of power. I've tried this in 3 different places in the base and gotten the same behavior.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The LV mass fab needs 8 Amp, so 3 transformers. And just to add:
MV 4 Amp
HV 2Amp
EV 1Amp
IV 0.5Amp(1Amp every second tick)

4xVoltage, 2x Speed, 0.5x Amp each tier, so constant energy need per UUM for every tier. Upgrading Mass fab does not make them more efficient, but easier to handle.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix
H

Herrminator1994

The LV mass fab needs 8 Amp, so 3 transformers. And just to add:
MV 4 Amp
HV 2Amp
EV 1Amp
IV 0.5Amp(1Amp every second tick)

4xVoltage, 2x Speed, 0.5x Amp each tier, so constant energy need per UUM for every tier. Upgrading Mass fab does not make them more efficient, but easier to handle.
That extend to LuV mass fab, quarter amp of LuV power?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Well, thats more or less that i mean. Processing Iridium Ore will not supply enough so some sort of bigger production for it must be build. That might be Bees, Crops, Replication or the platinum group sluge processing chain.
One of them is needed but once build it should be enough osmium for all your needs.

C

Chriss22

Problem is a Purified Osmium Ore from Bees/Plants takes like 1200 Second in the autoclave since i never seen a Osmium ore in any world so you can get Crushed Osmium or to make 4 Purified ones in the Chem Reactor.

Replication needs even more time with 5000 second (lol almost one and a half hour for an ore)

vorpalchicken

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get an Integrated Circuit set to configuration == 24, I can get 0-9 but am scratching my head how to set it to 24?

(It's so I can use molten rubber in an assembly machine to make copper cables)

Last edited: