[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

ele360

Jul 29, 2019
Back for more noob questions. I'm trying to move a bronze steam machine with the wrench. I read online that it uses microblock rules and that I have to wrench the center of the block twice to remove. But when I do so nothing happens.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Back for more noob questions. I'm trying to move a bronze steam machine with the wrench. I read online that it uses microblock rules and that I have to wrench the center of the block twice to remove. But when I do so nothing happens.
Any gregtech machines need to be removed using a wrench by "destroying" the block using the wrench. If you use something else, you won't be getting your machine back but instead a Machine block.

The method you described is for Ic2 machines.

S

SoraLow360

Any gregtech machines need to be removed using a wrench by "destroying" the block using the wrench. If you use something else, you won't be getting your machine back but instead a Machine block.

The method you described is for Ic2 machines.
Thanks for the help. This is my first time playing with GT, I guess I'm so conditioned to doing things a certain why I never even considering just breaking the block with the wrench.

pro5

Jul 29, 2019
I update 3.2.18 to 3.2.20. And tin cable recipe is broken. (molten rubber + tin wire in assembler). Its bug? How enable this recipe? I created big automated system with this recipe. All auto-system is broken now :(

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Can you put matter fabricators and replicators in processing arrays?
Yes it can. Just remember that the liquid in the input hatch will be consumed accordingly to the number of mass fabricstor replicator you are using.

I update 3.2.18 to 3.2.20. And tin cable recipe is broken. (molten rubber + tin wire in assembler). Its bug? How enable this recipe? I created big automated system with this recipe. All auto-system is broken now :(
It's not a bug. Tin cable are made using black carpet & string with the tin wire.

H

Herrminator1994

Have you considered having an LV or higher Electrolyzer (or multiple for that matter) run on water passively to generate both Oxy & Hydrogen?
I ran about 5000 black granite dust through my to get the oxygen I needed. I did the water thing at the start, but at this point I'm generating quite a bit of oxygen as byproduct.

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Attempting to complete HQM quest "Bio Flight." I made the jetpack and received proper credit for the first step. Then I charged the jetpack with 30,000 mB of IC2 biogas in the IC2 Fermenter. Jetpack durability says 26/27 which matches the charged jetpack shown in NEI. The ItemIDs match too. However HQM will not give me credit for the second part of the quest named "Fly!" What am I doing wrong?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Attempting to complete HQM quest "Bio Flight." I made the jetpack and received proper credit for the first step. Then I charged the jetpack with 30,000 mB of IC2 biogas in the IC2 Fermenter. Jetpack durability says 26/27 which matches the charged jetpack shown in NEI. The ItemIDs match too. However HQM will not give me credit for the second part of the quest named "Fly!" What am I doing wrong?
Hmm.. If you will not solve that please let me know by opening an issue on github. There is a new modpack update coming soon(tm) so it would be great to have that fixed

lafflam

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.. If you will not solve that please let me know by opening an issue on github. There is a new modpack update coming soon(tm) so it would be great to have that fixed

When I got to the GitHub, someone else had already posted this as a bug. However, something he or she said in the bug report reminded me about an anomaly during my experience. I remembered that I had removed the jetpack from the Fermenter prior to completely filling it because I ran out of biofuel. I decided to test it for a few seconds while making more fuel. Then I finished filling the jetpack and the HQM wouldn't recognize the completion. That got me thinking... could "removing it from the Fermenter" or "wearing it once" prevent the quest from registering so to that multiple players cannot get credit by simply passing around one jetpack?

I made a new jetpack, but this time I left it in the Fermenter until it was completely filled with 30,000 mB of biofuel. Under these conditions, the HQM quest is awarded as expected. Therefore, this might not be a bug. It might be intended to prevent cheating the quest. :)

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
2017-03-05_22.30.32.png

So i've got a octuple Distillation Tower setup going with the following (all the same):
- They all have a "Needs Maintenance Cover" which is set to emit a RS Signal is there is at least 1 maintenance required on top of the Machine Controller.
- On the bottom side, i have a Wireless Transmitter (In) Cover set on Frequency -64.
- They are all activated through Wireless Redstone cover via an AND Gate.
- 1 Lever + no Maintenance issue + closed 3rd condition = Towers activate (this works fine)

A while back, i had one maintenance issue on one of the the controller and all 8 towers stopped running (as intended.) So i knew the setup worked fine.

In the pitcure that you see, the second one starting from the right is causing me problem for some reason. It currently has 1 maintenance issue. Yet, it won't emit the RS Signal to stop the system whether it's be on "Emit if 1 maintenance required" (inverted or not.) I've tested it on the first one starting from the right as it got no maintenance issue and this one will send the signal. All 8 towers are within the chunk boundary. All cover have the same frequency (i've doubled checked them and even tried a different frequency.)

I've also noticed that if those two controller that you see on the picture are not on the same frequency, then the problem does not occure. Though i'm going to sleep, tomorow if i have time i'll go in creative and recreate this setup and see if the problem is the same. If so, i'll try 8 individual tower to see if that fix the problem.

In the mean time though, i'm opened to suggestion as i'm too tired to think straight.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
When I got to the GitHub, someone else had already posted this as a bug. However, something he or she said in the bug report reminded me about an anomaly during my experience. I remembered that I had removed the jetpack from the Fermenter prior to completely filling it because I ran out of biofuel. I decided to test it for a few seconds while making more fuel. Then I finished filling the jetpack and the HQM wouldn't recognize the completion. That got me thinking... could "removing it from the Fermenter" or "wearing it once" prevent the quest from registering so to that multiple players cannot get credit by simply passing around one jetpack?

I made a new jetpack, but this time I left it in the Fermenter until it was completely filled with 30,000 mB of biofuel. Under these conditions, the HQM quest is awarded as expected. Therefore, this might not be a bug. It might be intended to prevent cheating the quest. :)
Well since player need to craft the jetpack i dont see it as cheat prevention. It is just unfortunate mechanic in IC2 that adds an extra NBT tag after the jeetpack has been put on (that nbt tag is i think hover mode on/off (fresh one does not have that tag). Solution for that would be to add the full jetpack (both with tag and without) to a special oreDict and let the book detect that. Problem is, that I do not know if I will be able to do it with just different nbt tags. If it will not be possible, I might just put in the quest information about this situation.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 32572

So i've got a octuple Distillation Tower setup going with the following (all the same):
- They all have a "Needs Maintenance Cover" which is set to emit a RS Signal is there is at least 1 maintenance required on top of the Machine Controller.
- On the bottom side, i have a Wireless Transmitter (In) Cover set on Frequency -64.
- They are all activated through Wireless Redstone cover via an AND Gate.
- 1 Lever + no Maintenance issue + closed 3rd condition = Towers activate (this works fine)

A while back, i had one maintenance issue on one of the the controller and all 8 towers stopped running (as intended.) So i knew the setup worked fine.

In the pitcure that you see, the second one starting from the right is causing me problem for some reason. It currently has 1 maintenance issue. Yet, it won't emit the RS Signal to stop the system whether it's be on "Emit if 1 maintenance required" (inverted or not.) I've tested it on the first one starting from the right as it got no maintenance issue and this one will send the signal. All 8 towers are within the chunk boundary. All cover have the same frequency (i've doubled checked them and even tried a different frequency.)

I've also noticed that if those two controller that you see on the picture are not on the same frequency, then the problem does not occure. Though i'm going to sleep, tomorow if i have time i'll go in creative and recreate this setup and see if the problem is the same. If so, i'll try 8 individual tower to see if that fix the problem.

In the mean time though, i'm opened to suggestion as i'm too tired to think straight.
Not working.png Working.png

So i went in creative and made a replica of what i described in my above quote. The result was the same. So i went ahead and made 4 individual tower instead of 8 that shared walls. Surprisingly, the result was the same.

On the picture with the lamp activated, you can see that the far right tower does not have maintenance made. The third tower is only missing screwdriver maintenance.

On the picture with the lamp closed, the only thing that changed is that i applied Duct tape to the far right tower. The wireless redstone transmitter or the "Needs maintenance cover" does not detect the third tower required maintenance.

At first i thoguht this would of been a problem of walls sharing but apparently not. Now i know this should be posted on Blood's Github but i thought i'd share my finding anyhow since i had asked the question.

Last edited:
E

Ewind

Hi,
No idea for your distillation tower maintenance issue, sorry.
Two questions, probably stupid :
- Is there an early game ( like LV time ) to automate tree farming (carpenter?) for rubber issue ( without going into thaumcraft) ?
- Is there a reason the wood cutter doesn't work on IC2 rubber leaves ( ie : I don't get a sapling every time I break one? ) and for axes to be unable to chop down the whole tree in one time?

Thanks

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
The Forestry treefarm can harvest sticky resing for rubber and should be possible in LV.

IC2 rubber leaves are coded in a "strange" way. So all the default tools do not work on them.