[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
This usually happens when using TexturePacks. Most likely corrupted texturepack file. Might want to try to redownload it, or report it to the texturepoack maker

I have traced the issue to the following: load any texture pack at runtime (that includes server texture packs), and it'll corrupt the bees. Even if you unload all texture packs in the same minecraft session (ie: switch to a different single player world after disabling the packs), it will still be corrupted. Only a complete reload will fix it, until you load a pack after booting up minecraft.

So my solution was simple: no more server texture pack and distribute the textures to everyone so they can load it at startup instead.

T

targetingyou78

Hi,

after I have pritty much reached everything I wanted in the latest dw 1.10 pack I´m locking again into a pack with a bit more difficulty. Since Infitech was always a good pack I´m now a bit scared of the mining process that Gregtech brings with.
I don´t like to search for TIN and everything... Thats personal I know and not meant as critic but my question is if there is any way to modify this so it creates ores like in normal minecraft or a other way to get those resources as for example in skyblock maps...

Also I never advanced further then late copper age in Gregtech. Is the mining thing for higher tier ores later the same as early game serching? I mean if RNG hates you you can spend ours seraching for TIN... if it loves you you may have it at spawn.
To add-on to what Pyure was saying, yeah the pre generation is almost the same as before. If you really don't like it you can go into the config files and turn on pre generation from other mods that are dissables by default. In the gregtech config you can turn on Vanilla ores and in railcraft or buildcraft or IC2 you can turn on their copper and tin generation.

Reactions: Dentvar

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

after I have pritty much reached everything I wanted in the latest dw 1.10 pack I´m locking again into a pack with a bit more difficulty. Since Infitech was always a good pack I´m now a bit scared of the mining process that Gregtech brings with.
I don´t like to search for TIN and everything... Thats personal I know and not meant as critic but my question is if there is any way to modify this so it creates ores like in normal minecraft or a other way to get those resources as for example in skyblock maps...

Also I never advanced further then late copper age in Gregtech. Is the mining thing for higher tier ores later the same as early game serching? I mean if RNG hates you you can spend ours seraching for TIN... if it loves you you may have it at spawn.

There are numerous "stumbling blocks" (no pun intended) with GT ore veins. Best advice is just get out on foot and explore for your early-game Tin, and it's partly what I love about this ore generation that it forces you to go explore long and hard for stuff you need. You aren't just gonna excavate one chunk to bedrock and literally have all the ores you'll need because it doesn't work that way.

Make the Ore Distribution book, and follow the Quest Book to help guide you thru all the steps in order to progress. The Ore Distribution book really helps you focus on proper elevations for tunneling when searching for low-down stuff like Redstone or Diamond or even Chalcopyrite, your best source of early-game Copper and Iron. But make close note of proper elevations, split the high and low values and tunnel right in the middle. You can "prospect" with your GT Hammer, but better still once you get going in the modpack, make the OD or OV Scanner which can "look" deeper into the tunnel walls to help you find ore veins you might have slightly missed with the tunnels. I space my tunnels 3 chunks apart under the theory that the size of the GT ore veins makes such a spacing somewhat unlikely to miss a vein while still allowing you to cover large areas with such a tunnel grid. Another good method of mining in this pack is to sink vertical exploration shafts, also with a 3-chunk spacing between then. Use ladders to get up and down until you've progressed to making a jetpack for some flight capability. I prefer the Advanced Nano ChestPlate but whatever suits your own playstyle.

I think this is by far the best modpack out there, it can be tough when you need a certain ore (Manganese was one of my own personal roadblocks for a while) but you just need to keep pressing, keep extending those tunnels at the proper elevations, and eventually you hit paydirt and get that great sense of satisfaction that comes along with such a discovery. Be prepare for a long slow grind, because that's what this pack is all about. If you're into "tech", there's nothing better than GregTech with all the machines and ores, especially this version of GregTech 5 Unofficial (GT5u) which expands upon the mod and makes it even that much more fun. Enjoy!

This spreadsheet might also help you:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VAGdatbshLjSE24ULd1WZtalF4/edit#gid=615927632

One column I like to point out is the "Rarity" so you have some idea of how difficult your search might be. The lower the rarity number, the less ore veins will spawn and the harder they will be to find. But also realize that even tho an ore like Platinum might be the rarest ore vein (Rarity=5), there are other ways to obtain needed Platinum dusts (in this specific case, have a look at Nickel Ores in NEI and you'll see what I'm talking about, there's a way to obtain tiny Platinum Dusts via macerating Nickel Ore then Thermal Centrifuge the Crushed Nickel Ores).

Last edited:
U

UNG_God

If go all the way on pneumaticraft you can convert rf to Eu , and the big reactors turbines gives a ton of rf, so going that way can generate a good chunk of power. (if you want to know how, check my videos)

saplings do generate scrap, on the past i used to u-macerate wood so it would give 6 pulps to make scrap, i did not tested but there is some exploitish things to be used to generate scrap. Scrap boxes are not only useful to make amplifier for uum, you could setup a system to create the box and use the box, getting a random item, throwing the trash away and keeping the good one, my friend used to do that on no gt (or brain required) custom packs, and always got a good chunk of rare material.

well i did everything i could with galacticraft, no naquad on the asteroids, build all machines (my moon buggy vanished T_T ) with exception of the laser thing because LuV component required. The miner is pretty cool, a pity it dont recognize gt ores.
A very strange thing happened to me, a jarred a node , and it was a normal one, but now it became a pure one... what the heck... it would be bad if was my main node for draining using the method i exploited.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone happen to know the EU lose from using transformers? (for both down and up stepping)
Going by http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity

The answer appears to be 2 ^ Tier.

You can reverse engineer "Tier" if you know how much power you're generating.

(theoretical eu/t) = (8 * 4 ^ Tier).

If you're (theoretically) generating 32 eu/t, Tier is 1, and therefore loss is 2.

Reactions: EconBrony

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, solving for Tier is a pain in the ass if you're like me and you didn't learn how to solve for exponents in algebra. On the positive side, I learned new math today. Which I'll promptly forget in a few hours.

For a transformer that emits 512 eu/t, solve for X:
Code:
8 * (4^x) = 512
(4^x) = 512/8
(4^x) = 64
Log(4^x) = Log(64)
(x)* Log(4) = Log(64)   <<< did not know you could do this
x = LOG(64)/LOG(4) 
x = tier 3

Therefore loss is:
Code:
x = 2 ^ tier
x = 2 ^ 3
x = 8 eu/t

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Also, solving for Tier is a pain in the ass if you're like me and you didn't learn how to solve for exponents in algebra. On the positive side, I learned new math today. Which I'll promptly forget in a few hours.

For a transformer that emits 512 eu/t, solve for X:
Code:
8 * (4^x) = 512
(4^x) = 512/8
(4^x) = 64
Log(4^x) = Log(64)
(x)* Log(4) = Log(64)   <<< did not know you could do this
x = LOG(64)/LOG(4)
x = tier 3

Therefore loss is:
Code:
x = 2 ^ tier
x = 2 ^ 3
x = 8 eu/t
I have a head ache X_x

C

ColdComfort

Going by http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity

The answer appears to be 2 ^ Tier.

You can reverse engineer "Tier" if you know how much power you're generating.

(theoretical eu/t) = (8 * 4 ^ Tier).

If you're (theoretically) generating 32 eu/t, Tier is 1, and therefore loss is 2.

Am I looking at the right part? The only think I can see on that page referencing that math is regarding cable and battery setups, but not transformers?

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
He's referring to the following part:

Also any GT Block and Battery outputting Energy has an energy loss on output.
This means there is no such thing as lossless cables in GregTech.

A power outputting machine will take (8 * 4 ^ Tier) + (2 ^ Tier) EU from its storage and output only (8 * 4 ^ Tier) EU.<b r/>The energy lost is therefore (2 ^ Tier).

I tested it out: 2 connected LV battery buffers. Transfer a full lithium battery from one to the other with one LV transformer in between them, and then again with a LV battery buffer in between. The result is exactly the same; thus a transformer loses the same amount of EU as a buffer does.

Reactions: ColdComfort

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
He's referring to the following part:

Also any GT Block and Battery outputting Energy has an energy loss on output.
This means there is no such thing as lossless cables in GregTech.

A power outputting machine will take (8 * 4 ^ Tier) + (2 ^ Tier) EU from its storage and output only (8 * 4 ^ Tier) EU.<b r/>The energy lost is therefore (2 ^ Tier).
Righto

Reactions: ColdComfort

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
Also, a nice way of exploiting this mechanic is when you need to up-tier power. Just drop a higher tier battery buffer on a lower voltage line/machine and you only pay the energy penalty once, instead of multiple times depending on the tier difference. This is also an easy way to get explosions if you do it wrong :D

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Also, a nice way of exploiting this mechanic is when you need to up-tier power. Just drop a higher tier battery buffer on a lower voltage line/machine and you only pay the energy penalty once, instead of multiple times depending on the tier difference. This is also an easy way to get explosions if you do it wrong :D
"Exploit" sort of implies that this is a shady maneuver, but really its intentional and creates interesting logistical obstacles. I'm doing it right now (working on centralizing my power. My machines are all HV, but I'm sending power around as EV)

H

Herrminator1994

Only problem there is that I tend to store and distribute power at the highest voltage I can for transmission efficiency. A hundred meters of HV loses 20% at 1 Eu/Amp/Meter. A hundred meters of IV loses 1.2%.

Haiya-Dragon

Jul 29, 2019
"Exploit" sort of implies that this is a shady maneuver, but really its intentional and creates interesting logistical obstacles. I'm doing it right now (working on centralizing my power. My machines are all HV, but I'm sending power around as EV)

I meant exploit in its true meaning, that is: take advantage of. I know, it's association on these parts is generally something that's more akin to cheating while you can :)

Only problem there is that I tend to store and distribute power at the highest voltage I can for transmission efficiency. A hundred meters of HV loses 20% at 1 Eu/Amp/Meter. A hundred meters of IV loses 1.2%.

Yes, that's exactly what this behavior helps you with. Instead of using two transformers to go from LV to HV, you can just drop a single HV battery buffer and be done. A small trade-off is that you'll lose 8 EU/t instead of 4+2, but it saves space, materials and gives more control over your output amps.

H

Herrminator1994

I meant exploit in its true meaning, that is: take advantage of. I know, it's association on these parts is generally something that's more akin to cheating while you can :)

Yes, that's exactly what this behavior helps you with. Instead of using two transformers to go from LV to HV, you can just drop a single HV battery buffer and be done. A small trade-off is that you'll lose 8 EU/t instead of 4+2, but it saves space, materials and gives more control over your output amps.
Problem is I'm generating IV power. Dropping any battery buffer lower than IV gives the boom-boom.

jFleetwind

Jul 29, 2019
So, in the interest of saving myself a bunch of time aimlessly digging around through config files, I figure I might as well just ask here. Does anyone know if or how you can change the default biome generation size? Basically I'm looking to increase biome size across the board on my map.