[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

starwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Have you noticed a change in how common ore asteroids are? (That is, GT ore asteroids?) I only seem to find one every few thousand blocks, which makes trying to find Naquadah veins ridiculous now.

I'm running into the same issue; the asteroids seem much rarer now, and I've gone 7k in every direction, and found mostly aluminum, magnetite, and tin. :/

I'm not worried about the rarity, Just hoping it spawns at all. Right now I have my doubts. Completing a tier 3 rocket was a huge investment (for me) that's not paying off right now. Not firmly into EV tech yet and still running my base off my original LV multifarm (80 plus coke ovens).

Other than easier titanium kinda a waste if no Naquadah spawns.

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Have you guys considered putting 1-4 Advanced Miner II on the main island of The End and just mine the crushed Naquadah Ore? Once that is complete, you simply use a Temple Caller, reset The End, kill the dragon and mine the island anew. Sure it's slow but if your not having luck finding a Naquaduh vein, then i'd say it is a solid option.

Edit: I haven't tried that yet for the record. It's just a idea i had recently considering i just made my HSS Coils and the next step is Naquaduh.

Reactions: Pyure
T

targetingyou78

Quick question, I'm trying to build my first multi-multi-block structure and was curious as to what can be shared on the sides that are common. For instance, I know you can share things like Heating Coils and Casings but can you share inputs? Outputs? Power? etc etc etc

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, I'm trying to build my first multi-multi-block structure and was curious as to what can be shared on the sides that are common. For instance, I know you can share things like Heating Coils and Casings but can you share inputs? Outputs? Power? etc etc etc
Yes. Anything that is set in the middle will be shared.

For example
- You could share 1 Energy Hatch for a double EBF. You'll have to feed it 2A though.
- With a Distillation tower, you could share the outputs.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Maintenance hatch cannot be shared.
Edit 2: @Herrminator1994 posted a picture of his setup which shows what you can do on page #709. He's using a Quad EBF. Keep in mind you'll need 2 Energy hatch for that since you can only send 2A to each hatch.

T

targetingyou78

Yes. Anything that is set in the middle will be shared.

For example
- You could share 1 Energy Hatch for a double EBF. You'll have to feed it 2A though.
- With a Distillation tower, you could share the outputs.

Edit: I forgot to mention, Maintenance hatch cannot be shared.
Edit 2: @Herrminator1994 posted a picture of his setup which shows what you can do on page #709. He's using a Quad EBF. Keep in mind you'll need 2 Energy hatch for that since you can only send 2A to each hatch.
Lol this is exactly the type of response I was hoping for. The energy hatch excepting two amps is awesome. I had not thought of that.

I forgot this one today. For like the third time.

Sure is nice to save materials on your second distillation tower tho.
That is actually exactly what I'm doing. Setting up my three Distillation towers and two Cracking Units.

Thanks for the info. I went ahead into a creative world and actually fooled around with multiblocks until I got a really good understanding and created the exact setup I want. It's pretty clean looking :) The only thing I did not end up finding out was the two amps per Energy Hatch so I can actually even save on one hatch.

2017-01-08_23.36.39.png 2017-01-08_23.37.35.png

S

Sven "flamestrider"

In my current game, on the Aurafury server, I'm building a distillation tower and cracker that's build like so: the d-t is in a 5x5 multistructure, at the top of one of the tower sides, I attached two crackers that share one side with the d-t and also share blocks, so that the two crackers are a 5wide x 3deep x5high.
One side of the d-t is for cracked light fuel, two control blocks that share an input hatch, but keep every other block on it's on quarter of the structure.
The Crackers share one layer, in which I placed the hydrogen input hatch and the normal coils and stainless casings...
I chose not to share any energy hatches, since most of them are aluminium, MV, and thus saved me some chrome on this massively costly construction.

S

Sven "flamestrider"

@Jason McRay Found what I think is a recipe error... Adamantium nuggets can be cooked in a furnace, then just crafted to an ingot, while and ingot, made from dust, is made in the EBF at 1600eu/t at 3598K.
One of those recipes should be disabled I think... probably the furnace one :)

Edit: update: I tried smelting the nuggets doesn't work in the normal furnace, so it's probably just a visual thing, oh well, no cheap adamantium smelting for me I guess ;)

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
Although it has no documentation, speed and jump boosts seems to works fine in singleplayer worlds but in multiplayer it causes ticking entity crashs and you cannot login without editing your player.dat.
WOw, nice to know. I was starting to play arround with it just a few days ago.

Reactions: asb3pe
C

ColdComfort

Have you guys considered putting 1-4 Advanced Miner II on the main island of The End and just mine the crushed Naquadah Ore? Once that is complete, you simply use a Temple Caller, reset The End, kill the dragon and mine the island anew. Sure it's slow but if your not having luck finding a Naquaduh vein, then i'd say it is a solid option.

Edit: I haven't tried that yet for the record. It's just a idea i had recently considering i just made my HSS Coils and the next step is Naquaduh.
Yep, that's the only other place to find Naquadah. Already did that twice, but it's slow and tedious, and kind of makes the asteroid belt pointless not to have any actually spawn there.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Which in turn made for a weird decision for me: I too don't know if a pipe is "used" for level 1, so I wasn't sure whether I wanted to put 6 pipes or 7 into the controller (went with 7 ultimately)

Not much sense in putting in a full stack since I really only care about the height of a specific vein...notwithstanding that the range is so large that I hit 3 different veins on my first run.

Pretty sure no pipe is used for "Level 1" (controller level). Here's how I know... Every time I use my Miner, I place it atop the first layer of ores I'm preparing to mine. And, me being me, quite a few time I get the Miner all set up, whack it with my Hammer to start it up, and I see ores coming in... so I leave thinking everything is just fine... come back an hour later and find that no ores are coming in... well you already know the story... I always forget to load the Miner with the Drilling Pipe. LOL

So the reason I get ores coming in initially, is because the Miner will mine the Controller level without any Mining Pipe, you see? And it won't drop down to the next layer without any pipe, which is why I come back to find the Miner hasn't done a darn thing except burn an hour's worth of precious Nitro-Diesel. LOL

Long story, but it proves the point, which is, you don't need a length of pipe for "Level 1", the Controller layer.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Pretty sure no pipe is used for "Level 1" (controller level). Here's how I know... Every time I use my Miner, I place it atop the first layer of ores I'm preparing to mine. And, me being me, quite a few time I get the Miner all set up, whack it with my Hammer to start it up, and I see ores coming in... so I leave thinking everything is just fine... come back an hour later and find that no ores are coming in... well you already know the story... I always forget to load the Miner with the Drilling Pipe. LOL

So the reason I get ores coming in initially, is because the Miner will mine the Controller level without any Mining Pipe, you see? And it won't drop down to the next layer without any pipe, which is why I come back to find the Miner hasn't done a darn thing except burn an hour's worth of precious Nitro-Diesel. LOL

Long story, but it proves the point, which is, you don't need a length of pipe for "Level 1", the Controller layer.
Woops, I was hoping that w/o a pipe the thing would simply stop running and save fuel. Not the case?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Will that option to reset The End work on a server? I don't know what a Temple Caller is...

And we're pretty much in the same place, I'm making my HSS Coils today. Yesterday, I mined the last ore vein that was on my "must-have" list of materials (Neodymium), so yeah now it's time to change focus from mining to advancing!

Best thing about making HSS coils is... ? It's that you instantly get back the 16 Tungstensteel Coils that you had to make in order to EBF the HSS dusts... which means we don't have to wait to make the green HSS dust (which is the one I am planning to use for my HV Drill bit and my HV Chainsaw since the green HSS seems to be better than the yellow HSS for tools).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Woops, I was hoping that w/o a pipe the thing would simply stop running and save fuel. Not the case?

Definitely does not shut off. I kick myself (mentally obv) every time I've forgotten the Mining Pipe solely because of wasting the fuel. It does not shut off, so yeah, that might impact your plans when the Miner is at the bottom of the ores.

And while we're on the subject of wasting valuable stuff... last night I throw 2 stacks of Tungsten dusts into my EBF.... 8 hours later I return to find I forgot to set the item conduit which puts the ingots into the Vacuum Freezer... so about 48 Tungsten Ingots got deleted when they had nowhere to go. Sigh. Welcome to GregTech. haha And yeah I know... bigger output bus solves the problem. Doh. I don't know why only 16 "hot" ingots makes a full stack, that messed me up.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Definitely does not shut off. I kick myself (mentally obv) every time I've forgotten the Mining Pipe solely because of wasting the fuel. It does not shut off, so yeah, that might impact your plans when the Miner is at the bottom of the ores.

And while we're on the subject of wasting valuable stuff... last night I throw 2 stacks of Tungsten dusts into my EBF.... 8 hours later I return to find I forgot to set the item conduit which puts the ingots into the Vacuum Freezer... so about 48 Tungsten Ingots got deleted when they had nowhere to go. Sigh. Welcome to GregTech. haha And yeah I know... bigger output bus solves the problem. Doh. I don't know why only 16 "hot" ingots makes a full stack, that messed me up.
I don't even bother with bigger output buses. I just use a tiny output bus and always have it output (via ender io conduit) into a chest. All my multiblocks have a chest above the input and output buses.

I wonder if I can detect the contents of the controller block and use a redstone signal to automatically turn off the miner when it runs out of pipes. I might not be able to do it directly since that would require a machine controller cover on the same block (tricky) but I could at least shut off the fuel intake easily enough. Especially if I switch the input hatch to ULV (smaller, waste less)

U

UNG_God

Have you noticed a change in how common ore asteroids are? (That is, GT ore asteroids?) I only seem to find one every few thousand blocks, which makes trying to find Naquadah veins ridiculous now.

indeed, there is not many of them and when they shown up on the "correct" high, i only find magnetite or bauxite, plz, that is very dumb, that thing we trip all the time on the overworld, now nether, moon, mars and even there.

Have you guys considered putting 1-4 Advanced Miner II on the main island of The End and just mine the crushed Naquadah Ore?

the only problem is that naquad ore is not the only type, there is enriched one too, also one quest require 40 blocks of naquad ore, so it should be there, but it is not, maybe blood messed up the generation and since most people dont go there, it was not fixed.

Doh. I don't know why only 16 "hot" ingots makes a full stack, that messed me up.

the same logic of old vanilla door... but serious that is just the author wanting our inventories to get full sooner, 4 large tungsteel cells are a stack.

I don't even bother with bigger output buses.

lv is minimum, as some recipes output more than one item, but on a multi smelter with a high coil 16 slots is kind of good.