[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Jason Walsh

Jul 29, 2019
could someone help me with this, messing around in a test world and i can't get EU from the reactor at all, i know the GT transformers can pull EU from it, but i get nothing, inverted mode or not, reactor is stable producing 840EU/t.
Bug or can you only make the 5x5 fluid reactors for the hot coolant in the large heat exchanger

Attachments

• 2016-11-24_21.40.07.png
    2016-11-24_21.40.07.png
    226.7 KB · Views: 53

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
could someone help me with this, messing around in a test world and i can't get EU from the reactor at all, i know the GT transformers can pull EU from it, but i get nothing, inverted mode or not, reactor is stable producing 840EU/t.
Bug or can you only make the 5x5 fluid reactors for the hot coolant in the large heat exchanger
You can simply put an ic2 transformer inbetween.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
How can i add books to Enchiridion library (the one which opens up on H button)?

I mainly interested in GT Ore-gen book, but it would be nice to know how to add others too.
Bump to this. Always thought the Enchiridion mod was just used to make the custom books. The Library feature of it would be very helpful and useful to avoid carrying books everywhere.

Reactions: Odesseiron

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Bump to this. Always thought the Enchiridion mod was just used to make the custom books. The Library feature of it would be very helpful and useful to avoid carrying books everywhere.

In a previous play-thru I had all the Enchiridion books in one package, I believe it must be the "Book Binder" item which is just 2 paper and 2 string so worth a test. For me, my books are just fine remaining in the Bibliocraft Bookcase on the wall.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My GT Chainsaw has almost zero durability left, and so now I need to make a decision - a few pages back there was a discussion about using the Disassembler versus the Arc Furnace, someone said the Arc would return all the stainless steel, is that accurate? I'm only at LV so the Disassembler only gives back 60% of the materials, whatever that means. I suppose I could (and probably should) make the MV Disassembler (70% return of parts) if I'm gonna go that route. Which machine do you recommend and what can I expect when I use it? Due to the fact I haven't found any Manganese yet, Stainless Steel parts are a very valuable commodity to me - meaning, if I have to make another Chainsaw from scratch, I wouldn't have enough Stainless Steel. I need those parts back.

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
In a previous play-thru I had all the Enchiridion books in one package, I believe it must be the "Book Binder" item which is just 2 paper and 2 string so worth a test. For me, my books are just fine remaining in the Bibliocraft Bookcase on the wall.

The bookbinder works, however it is an item. I was referring to the Enchiridion library which allows access to any book you've found remotely. I found out you need to edit the json file in the Enchiridion config and add each individual book; which is a pain and not worth doing. It was more just a curious question about a feature I never knew existed.

My GT Chainsaw has almost zero durability left, and so now I need to make a decision - a few pages back there was a discussion about using the Disassembler versus the Arc Furnace, someone said the Arc would return all the stainless steel, is that accurate? I'm only at LV so the Disassembler only gives back 60% of the materials, whatever that means. I suppose I could (and probably should) make the MV Disassembler (70% return of parts) if I'm gonna go that route. Which machine do you recommend and what can I expect when I use it? Due to the fact I haven't found any Manganese yet, Stainless Steel parts are a very valuable commodity to me - meaning, if I have to make another Chainsaw from scratch, I wouldn't have enough Stainless Steel. I need those parts back.

Oddly enough I still have my first LV chainsaw; however it's very low on durability and for some reason won't dissassemble in any dissassemblers (I've cheated in HV/EV dissassemblers to test with nothing happening). Just tried it in the arc furnace and again nothing. Maybe just a bugged item, or maybe there is no arc furnace recipe now.

On a side note the large heat exchanger has some outdated values in the its' Guide book. 1L/sec hot coolant returns 80L/sec steam, not 10L/sec steam as indicated in the book. I now understand the desire for superheated steam as Huge TungestenSteel pipes would bottleneck my setup with just a single Nuclear Reactor :O

Also about RC tank valves. They definitely don't have a limit to their input rate/flow, have definitely tested that one out.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Also about RC tank valves. They definitely don't have a limit to their input rate/flow, have definitely tested that one out.

That's interesting ... can I ask how you confirmed that?

I haven't played for a while but I seem to remember needing to use at least two valves to get enough steam out to my turbines in order to reliably keep up with the EBF. One wasn't enough even if I used a large enough pipe. That's why I searched for the same question and found the link above.

I'm no expert at this stuff though so could have got something wrong :(

Are you using GT pumps by any chance?

Captain_Oats

Jul 29, 2019
Again this was only input into the tank, output from the bottom of the tank from what I've seen definitely has the 1000mb/t limit. I made a computercraft script that displays the i/o rate via the amount and a timer to see how much steam the Large Heat Exchanger was actually producing as numbers weren't adding up for me.

With High Pressure Fluid pipes from GT I was getting readings over 5,000mb/t (100,000L/s) from a single valve input (because I had forgotten to put more valves). After reading the wiki on LHE that number seems to be an expected value for the steam output from the LHE so I can confirm it wasn't an error on my part (not to mention it filled the RC tank incredibly fast). I used the exact same setup with a bedrockium drum and read the same value as well.

On a side note, after nuking myself once due to forgetting to install fluid ejectors (I wussed out and loaded another save), and then almost twice because apparently fluid regulators don't work reliably, I've finally upgraded my simple Nuke with an LHE and it looks badass.

Really wish you could put blocks in front of the turbines though. Those connected texture problems due to sharing multiblock-blocks is attrocious :/
Might try wasting 6 turbine blocks and offsetting the top turbines for more depth, and to rid of the misaligned textures.

LHE.png

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Oddly enough I still have my first LV chainsaw; however it's very low on durability and for some reason won't dissassemble in any dissassemblers (I've cheated in HV/EV dissassemblers to test with nothing happening). Just tried it in the arc furnace and again nothing. Maybe just a bugged item, or maybe there is no arc furnace recipe now.
Hm. How did you craft it? Any chance you automated some or all of it?
IIRC there are really crappy limitations to the diassemblers. They don't work properly unless the tools were manually assembled or some such.

Zarvoxbe

Jul 29, 2019
I've no luck with Silverwood

My friend and I have traveled more than 5 thousand blocks to only find a single block of magical biome and one Silverwood which give two saplings.

Envoyé depuis Tapatalk

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
When is the GT Plunger ever going to work? Do we have an ETA on what year it will finally be fixed?

Or perhaps it's just me. The quest book says something about "left click machine" (I can't find the Plunger quest at the moment) but all that does is act like I'm hitting the machine with an empty hand. Nothing happens. I've tried left clicking, right clicking, and I've also right clicked into the machine GUI and tried to left click and right click on the internal tank with the fluid, but nothing happens.

Ever since I've played GT, the plunger has never worked and the only way I can remove excess fluid is to break the machine and replace it, which gets very annoying especially since we have a tool supposedly designed for this very purpose.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've no luck with Silverwood

My friend and I have traveled more than 5 thousand blocks to only find a single block of magical biome and one Silverwood which give two saplings.

Envoyé depuis Tapatalk

Have you really *scoured* your journeymap for light blue patches? They are so easy to miss especially when you're in any forest. They could be just a few blocks away but you miss them.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The plunger should remove up to one bucket at a time - could that be your problem?

No, I always do math equations with a goal of never wasting a drop of fluid. However, there are a few items where it literally becomes impossible to do this... molten rubber being one of them. I'm always left with 16 mb of fluid in my Chemical Reactor after converting Sufluric Naphtha into Naphtha, and that's the fluid I'm trying to remove with the Plunger, a very small amount far less that one bucket's worth.

For something like making copper cables, I use the 16 bucket tanks from Ender IO to transfer rubber into my Assembling Machine. The problem is, copper cable requires 144 mb of rubber per cable, and if you do the math, that means one Ender IO tank of rubber can make 111.1111 cables. See the problem? The fractional leftover means I'll have a very small amount of rubber left in the tank when I'm finished. To solve this problem would mean having to use 9 tanks of molten rubber, and I'd have to make 1000 cables at a time which is just too many obv.

What this game needs most (IMO obv) is a device that would allow us to measure out an exact fluid amount (for OCD players like myself lol).

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Is that excess in the input or output tanks? I've definitely used it successfully on the output.

Of course, something might have changed in the last few updates to bug it out but I won't be able to verify it for you now since I don't want to update to the pollution model yet.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Is that excess in the input or output tanks? I've definitely used it successfully on the output.

Of course, something might have changed in the last few updates to bug it out but I won't be able to verify it for you now since I don't want to update to the pollution model yet.

I'm trying to clear input tanks, not output tanks. If the Plunger only works for OUTPUT tanks, then why doesn't the Quest Book tell us that important fact?

Clearing output tanks is entirely useless IMO. The way to clear out an output tank is to output the fluid into a drum, duh. LOL So my point is, the Plunger should really only apply to INPUT tanks, since clearing output tanks is trivial.

Also, this isn't a new problem, as I indicated in my previous post, I've dealt with this Plunger issue for as long as I've been playing GT5 modpacks. It's not just this pack.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Remember these guys do this stuff in their free time and it's not always easy to remember what's it like to not know something that's obvious to you because you've known it so long.

My solution to this sort of problem is to try and have one machine per process - that's hard at the early stages but it always saves hassle later. :)

EDIT: Having said that I notice in the changelog for 5.09.22 it says 'The Plunger will now empty the input tank of a machine if the output tank is empty. (Fixes #370)'.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Remember these guys do this stuff in their free time and it's not always easy to remember what's it like to not know something that's obvious to you because you've known it so long.

My solution to this sort of problem is to try and have one machine per process - that's hard at the early stages but it always saves hassle later. :)

That's the sort of stuff wet dreams are made of. LOL

Now that you mentioned Output versus Input tanks, I think you jogged my memory, which seems to be telling me your answer is correct. If so, I guess we can only blame Greg himself for his decision to make Input tanks on machines "one way only". Other mods have similar issues, but they solve it with a button in the machine's GUI to "Clear Input Tank". One press and done, easy, no problems.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
That's the sort of stuff wet dreams are made of. LOL

Now that you mentioned Output versus Input tanks, I think you jogged my memory, which seems to be telling me your answer is correct. If so, I guess we can only blame Greg himself for his decision to make Input tanks on machines "one way only". Other mods have similar issues, but they solve it with a button in the machine's GUI to "Clear Input Tank". One press and done, easy, no problems.

Yeah, I know. But it does pay off in the end. Did you see my edit - looks like BloodAsp is a little more forgiving.