[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

cimyPt

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have a question.
I was pretty sure, that for example: pulverizing ruby ore you had a 10% change of chrome dust, iron had a chance for nickel and some others.
But now NEI doesnt show this, pulverizing only has a change for the stone/netherrack/endstone dust... was this a change?

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I have a question.
I was pretty sure, that for example: pulverizing ruby ore you had a 10% change of chrome dust, iron had a chance for nickel and some others.
But now NEI doesnt show this, pulverizing only has a change for the stone/netherrack/endstone dust... was this a change?
A bug fixed in the next GT version.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, than im not crazy. Now im thinking if i should save some of the ores or not... when is it expected for that version to be on infitech, any ideia?
When Blood releases the new version (as a release, not prerelease) and I will have time to make an update (time currently will not be an issue, because tomorrow I can be considered as unemployed - lost my job)

Reactions: MarcNemesis

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
When Blood releases the new version (as a release, not prerelease) and I will have time to make an update (time currently will not be an issue, because tomorrow I can be considered as unemployed - lost my job)

That is bad news. Hope you find something else quickly.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
At this point I am quite convinced there is no Maple Trees or Maple Syrup to be found in this modpack. Something must have broken, perhaps the biomes aren't coded properly. The Pam's Harvestcraft wiki says to look in mountain, winter and/or coniferous biomes, and then look for a Spruce Tree with a Maple Trunk. I've been all over my map and haven't found a single Maple Tree to get Syrup from, and there are a lot of food recipes requiring the syrup.

Edit: The only thing I've found is a statement that says certain Pam's items are tied to Biomes O'Plenty biomes, and of course this modpack doesn't use that mod, it uses ExtraBiomesXL instead. So the only way to get certain Pam's items might be to use the "Market" block (which I haven't looked into yet but if it works then my problem is solved I guess).

Last edited:

Xenius

Jul 29, 2019
Hellow Infitech2 community. Can i add ExtraCells and one of terrain gen mod (realistic terrain generation) to this modpack for my singleplayer world or it will conflict with other modes.
Thanks in advance for reply and sorry for my english. :D

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Edit: Solved! GT Ore Generation book for the win! Thx for the books, they do help (when used LOL). A: Small Sulfur Ore found in overworld from level 5 to 15 and in nether from 10 to 60. yay!

I'm confused by the change to rubber-making because I can't understand where/how to obtain sulfur. I've never seen any surrounding overworld lava pools (i.e. Railcraft oregen is obviously not turned on), and I also checked the Nether as best I can during early game (i.e. not very extensively, unfortunately) and haven't found any sulfur there either. What's the key, or trick, to making early-game rubber? Only thing I see in NEI is combining rubber dust with sulfur.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
When Blood releases the new version (as a release, not prerelease) and I will have time to make an update (time currently will not be
an issue, because tomorrow I can be considered as unemployed - lost my job)
That is bad news. Hope you find something else quickly.
I prefer to hope that he live on patreons. That way we'll get more update! :p

Edit: Went back to "like" @Jason McRay post to complement my above comment lol.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
I did a LV steam to biogas calculation and setup in my calculation sheet. Also did a comparison of GT distillery compared to IC2 fermenter with GT setup being the clear winner. Overall i have to say its extremly good, probably the best early game energy source ive seen so far,
Here is the base setup
http://prnt.sc/d1dtw5

A lot more information can be found in the calculation sheet. I should also not that it includes both cable losses, transmittion losses and turbine efficiency.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing (in the low tech power system tab)

TLDR version is that you can run the base setup (macerator, solid/fluid canner, distillery) on 3 high pressure coal boilers consuming 1 coal every 53 1/3 seconds and 8 leaves every 2000 seconds. This will give you 36 eu/tick worth of biogas or 0.8 mb/tick of biogas.

The really cool think is that the real bottleneck is the distillery. You can run 100 distilleries on the base setup so by just adding 3 more distilleries (and 9 coal boilers, alternatively 6 lava boilers) you can run a blast furnace with excess energy. This would consume only 8 leaves every 500s and 1 coal every 12.5 seconds (or 0.016 mb/t of lava).

If you run it on its own biogas the output decreases to 17 eu/t for base setup and 18 for each additional distillery. You would then need 6 distilleries (and 6+4 gas turbines) to run the blast furnace but would only require 8 leaves every 333.3 seconds and nothing else. That is REALLY good

Reactions: Pyure

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
Also did a comparison of GT distillery compared to IC2 fermenter with GT setup being the clear winner.
The gt machines need 47,12% of the energy to produce the biogas but the ic2 fermenter only need 25% of the biogas to run the fluid heat generators for the fermenter. How can the gt setup be a clear winner?

R

RomaEcho

Can i add ExtraCells

I'm playing with extra cells2. Found some bugs - for example, don't try to open interface of me chest with fluid storage inside - game crushing, or bug with dissapearing of cells after unload fluids in fluid terminal. In single player world dissapeared cells is able to take from creative)) so it's not big deal. For the rest hasn't noticed problems. It seems once in the past exta cells was in the pack but was removed because of bugs.

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Did in game test comparing GT distillery and fermenter run on biogas. With 1 bucket of biogas you can produce 1.6 buckets of biogas in the fermenter with a fluid heat generator. That is a loss of 1/1.6= 62.5% which is in line with the numbers i posted earlier (40000/64000= 0.625). Basically you need get 64k heat from biogas in fluid heat generator and you need 40k to produce 1 bucket of biogas.

so efficiency wise its actually around 49.7->53% loss for GT setup and 62.5% for IC fermenter. Moreover you also get more output per machine as well as the net output of energy is about 40% higher with distillery vs fermenter (17-18 eu/t vs 13.5 eu/t).

Lava gets you 0.5 buckets of biogas per bucket of lava and hot coolant gets you 2 byckets of biogas per bucket of hot coolant. Both of those liquids are handled better in the GT large heat exchanger.

For this reason i stated that GT>IC2 when it comes to producing biogas. And then we havent talked about distillation tower (the 47.12% numbers is actually for distillation tower without losses). However that is slightly sub optimized now that i look at it, it should use a solid/fluid canner rather than the pyrolyze oven to increase efficiency even further.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarknessShadow

Timelife

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if this has been mentioned, it probably has, but because tungsten clusters are removed the research should be removed from the kami unlock requirements, it will not allow me to research ichor. Granted the server I am on is a little behind on updates, I do not know if this has been address as it is not mentioned on the change log.

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had issues with Chickenbone's Wireless Redstone? I set up some fairly complex grid control systems, but if I leave the chunks and come back they all stop updating.

McFrugal

Jul 29, 2019
Did in game test comparing GT distillery and fermenter run on biogas. With 1 bucket of biogas you can produce 1.6 buckets of biogas in the fermenter with a fluid heat generator. That is a loss of 1/1.6= 62.5% which is in line with the numbers i posted earlier (40000/64000= 0.625). Basically you need get 64k heat from biogas in fluid heat generator and you need 40k to produce 1 bucket of biogas.

so efficiency wise its actually around 49.7->53% loss for GT setup and 62.5% for IC fermenter. Moreover you also get more output per machine as well as the net output of energy is about 40% higher with distillery vs fermenter (17-18 eu/t vs 13.5 eu/t).

Lava gets you 0.5 buckets of biogas per bucket of lava and hot coolant gets you 2 byckets of biogas per bucket of hot coolant. Both of those liquids are handled better in the GT large heat exchanger.

For this reason i stated that GT>IC2 when it comes to producing biogas. And then we havent talked about distillation tower (the 47.12% numbers is actually for distillation tower without losses). However that is slightly sub optimized now that i look at it, it should use a solid/fluid canner rather than the pyrolyze oven to increase efficiency even further.

Solid/fluid canner is definitely optimal for producing biomass. The advantage of using the fermenter and fluid heat generator combo is that the efficiency can never get worse no matter how bad your cable loss/turbine efficiency is, because it uses biogas to produce biogas, not EU. If you take those factors into account then the gap between GT and IC2 gets a little smaller when using the distillation tower.
The Distillery is actually the worst option for producing biogas! It costs 640 eu to make 32 biogas, so 20 eu/biogas. 1000 biogas produces 32000 base eu in a gas burning turbine, so you're losing 20000 out of 32000. A 62.5% loss, the same as IC2. This only gets worse with cable loss and turbine efficiency. By comparison, the distillation tower takes 120k EU to produce 8000 biogas, which is 15 eu/biogas. So you lose 15000 out of 32000, which is about a 47% loss before cable/batbox/turbine/etc losses. For example, if you use an HV gas turbine you're running at 85% fuel efficiency which means you're actually losing 15000 out of 27200, a loss of 55.1%.

In most cases you're probably best off using pure IC2... but the distillation tower does make biogas very fast, so if you want a very large biogas operation that could be worth it? I feel like you'd want to use nuclear power at that point.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I do not know if this has been mentioned, it probably has, but because tungsten clusters are removed the research should be removed from the kami unlock requirements, it will not allow me to research ichor. Granted the server I am on is a little behind on updates, I do not know if this has been address as it is not mentioned on the change log.
It has been adressed now (well 4 hrs ago). Will be fixed in next pack update (.16)
Has anyone else had issues with Chickenbone's Wireless Redstone? I set up some fairly complex grid control systems, but if I leave the chunks and come back they all stop updating.
Yes. WRCBE is buggy and often stops updating. To fix that you need to do block update next to the transmitter/receiver (in theory classic redstone clock should be enough)

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Solid/fluid canner is definitely optimal for producing biomass. The advantage of using the fermenter and fluid heat generator combo is that the efficiency can never get worse no matter how bad your cable loss/turbine efficiency is, because it uses biogas to produce biogas, not EU. If you take those factors into account then the gap between GT and IC2 gets a little smaller when using the distillation tower.
The Distillery is actually the worst option for producing biogas! It costs 640 eu to make 32 biogas, so 20 eu/biogas. 1000 biogas produces 32000 base eu in a gas burning turbine, so you're losing 20000 out of 32000. A 62.5% loss, the same as IC2. This only gets worse with cable loss and turbine efficiency. By comparison, the distillation tower takes 120k EU to produce 8000 biogas, which is 15 eu/biogas. So you lose 15000 out of 32000, which is about a 47% loss before cable/batbox/turbine/etc losses. For example, if you use an HV gas turbine you're running at 85% fuel efficiency which means you're actually losing 15000 out of 27200, a loss of 55.1%.

In most cases you're probably best off using pure IC2... but the distillation tower does make biogas very fast, so if you want a very large biogas operation that could be worth it? I feel like you'd want to use nuclear power at that point

Crap, forgot that the energy content of biogas is actually 32 eu/mb not 45, that is really gonna trow a wrench into those numbers :p That should make the numbers for the low tier stuff quite close to eachother both in terms of efficiency and output.

Regarding HV efficiency gas turbines: If you are at the point you are making distillation towers for biogas production i think you will likely be doing large gas turbines so that specific energy loss would not be relevant anymore. Its also a question of scale, a few distillation towers feeding a large gas turbine is quite compact and efficient while the ic2 setup has no scaleability.

I will do some further calculations once i get back home to see how things actually pan out

Edit: Numbers look much better for the IC2 version now, will add stats for ic2 fermenters on different fuel sources later. Will update distillation tower setup as well

Last edited:

JoFlash Studios

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. WRCBE is buggy and often stops updating. To fix that you need to do block update next to the transmitter/receiver (in theory classic redstone clock should be enough)

That's really disappointing. WR-CBE was such a nice, elegant solution to the problem I was having. I guess the alternative is to use OpenComputers? Are there other good wireless solutions?