[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like some input regarding the available options of energy supply with LV, early MV tech. I just built the EBF and feel like I need to seriously buff my power infrastructure. Right now I have a LBB firing up 4 LV steam turbines. Instead of building more steam turbines I want to discover new ways to provide power.

1. Are there other options than the diesel generators or gas turbines at this stage (except steam)?

2. Both machines can be powered by a variety of fuels. Searching NEI for 2 h straight and I'm a little confused which path to choose, since there are so many.

Which fuels do they actually accept?

Gas turbine: Hydrogen, Methane, Biogas

Diesel generator: Ethanol, Fuel (BC), Diesel (mix of heavy and light fuel, same as GT gasoline?), Nitro-Diesel

That correct?

3. Ethanol can be processed out of biomass with a distillery. That biomass is only obtainable through the Forestry fermenter and not the same as IC2 industrial biomass? The later can also be made with a pyrolyse oven...

Thanks ;)
At the top of my head, another option which is completely green (no pollution created) would be the IC2 Experimental Kinetic Water/Wind Generator.

The Kinetic water generator create a higher voltage in burst while the wind mill create a steady but lower voltage. Long-term, i would assume the Wind Mill create more energy but i never got around to testing it.

To give you aproximate numbers: A Kinetic Water Generator in a deep ocean with no land near it (radius of about 22 meters) using a Iron Rotor can reach aproximately 143EU/t. But as i mentionned above, they do so in burst. Meaning they will start at 0 and rise all the way up to it's maximum speed, stay there a few seconds (5-10 seconds or so) and then slowly go back down to 0 where it will stay like that about 10-20 seconds.

The Kinetic Wind Generator with a wind strenght of about 33 would reach perhaps 80-90 EU/t (not sure on the quantity to be honest) and constantly output that same ammount. It's good to know that a Kinetic Wind Generator will have an increased power output during Thunder storm by 50%.

Edit: Changed "outtage to Output" to avoid soudning like a power bump. :p

Last edited:

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like some input regarding the available options of energy supply with LV, early MV tech. I just built the EBF and feel like I need to seriously buff my power infrastructure. Right now I have a LBB firing up 4 LV steam turbines. Instead of building more steam turbines I want to discover new ways to provide power.

1. Are there other options than the diesel generators or gas turbines at this stage (except steam)?

2. Both machines can be powered by a variety of fuels. Searching NEI for 2 h straight and I'm a little confused which path to choose, since there are so many.

Which fuels do they actually accept?

Gas turbine: Hydrogen, Methane, Biogas

Diesel generator: Ethanol, Fuel (BC), Diesel (mix of heavy and light fuel, same as GT gasoline?), Nitro-Diesel

That correct?

3. Ethanol can be processed out of biomass with a distillery. That biomass is only obtainable through the Forestry fermenter and not the same as IC2 industrial biomass? The later can also be made with a pyrolyse oven...

Thanks ;)

Here's my early game biogas setup.

Vanilla layered cactus farm (7*24 cacti) -> gt macerator to bio chaff-> ic2 fluid/solid-decanner to ic2 biomass-> 5x ic2 fermenters to biogas. The macerator and decanner are powered by a gas turbine and the fermenters are heated by 5x ic2 fluid heat generators, all using biogas.

The net gain in biogas isn't huge, but ...
... it runs 4x LV gas tubines. It's enough to run LV processing lines (eg oil->polyethylene) for long periods. I also run macerator->ore-washer->thermal-centrifuge in between other runs.
... and 1x HV gas turbine. I also use it for short bursts of HV, really nice for finishing off teflon, creating titaniumtetrachloride etc in HV chemical reactors.
... very easy to start and extend. I started with 4x24 cacti and 2 fermenters. If you notice you're getting an excess of cacti, add an extra fermenter. Vice versa, running low on cacti? Add another layer of 24 cacti. At the moment I'm getting an excess so will add an extra fermenter when I get a moment!

A

AlphaA

Thanks for the input guys! LPG seems to be very effective, but I still need to build an oil drillling rig first to ensure a steady supply :)

I did some calculations with the aim to provide enough fuel for continous operation of a MV gas turbine/diesel generator.
The extraction of methane out of crops via centrifuge is relatively energy effiecient (netting ~68 EU/t) but very costly in terms of machinery (12 LV centrifuges needed).
The production of biogas via IC2 biomass and distillery nets only ~38 EU/t. Three distilleries are needed to produce enough biogas, consuming each 30 EU/t.
The IC2 fermenter needs alot of heat to produce biogas. In my testings I found out, that I'd need about 14 fermenters and 14 IC2 fluid heat gens to produce enough biogas to sustain an MV gas turbine.
The fermenter produces 200 mB of biogas in ~12s (with fluid heater on biogas), while the later burns 100 mB in 10s to produce heat. That's only 6.67 mB/s excess biogas and I need about 90 mB/s for an MV gas turbine. Or did I overlook something?
Best way seems to use Forestry fermenter and distillery into ethanol and burn it in a diesel gen. Nets about 63 EU/t and isn't that costly to build. One can even run the fermenter buy RF (e.g. easy minimal big reactor with RC steam engines) improving the power output.

EDIT: Mixed something up, fixed it.

Last edited:
G

Greyfell309

Thanks for the input guys! LPG seems to be very effective, but I still need to build an oil drillling rig first to ensure a steady supply :)

I did some calculations with the aim to provide enough fuel for continous operation of a MV gas turbine/diesel generator.
The extraction of methane out of crops via centrifuge is relatively energy effiecient (netting ~68 EU/t) but very costly in terms of machinery (12 LV centrifuges needed).
The production of biogas via IC2 fermenter and distillery nets only ~38 EU/t , not including the power needed to heat the fermenter. Three distilleries are needed to produce enough biogas, consuming each 30 EU/t.
Best way seems to use Forestry fermenter and distillery into ethanol and burn it in a diesel gen. Nets about 63 EU/t and isn't that costly to build. One can even run the fermenter buy RF (e.g. easy minimal big reactor with RC steam engines) improving the power output.
What i did was just using lava. Tower up 40 high pressure lava boilers and build a large steam turbine with a thamium rotor and BOOM, u have a steady supply of 780 EU/t :D. You can get lava from the nether with a thirsty tank. Make 8 drums, and swap 4 at a time to mantain a steady supply of lava. This got me straight to nuclear power

S

Sacaros

Thousands of blocks away from anything remotely explored, I find this cottage. I wonder how many more of these little surprises are hidden throughout the map. Server experience rules.

Reactions: Celestialphoenix

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019
Long time no see :) Been having a fairly long break for a while but i think it might be time to get back into minecraft again :)

I saw some really interesting changes on the ic2 forum that GT was getting transfered into version 1.10. Will there be a transfer of infitech to that version at some point in the future?

And i also see they have introduced polution, however has that been implemented into infitech already? I have to say it looked awesome, cant wait to try it out. Who is it that has been working on this feature? Would love to discuss it at lenght at some point since its very close to my actual work so its close to my heart :)

Also i see there is still a link to my calculation document on google docs, anything i need to update in there that you guys know of?

Joel Falk

Jul 29, 2019

1. Last time i checked there arent that many options when it comes to generators, its steam, gas or diesel that are the options as far as i am concerned

2. When it comes to fuel you have quite a lot of choice.

For gas turbines you can do steam to methane or food to methane if you can make a decent sized farm. Oil to LPG is probably also a viable route. For LPG i think you can make it both with pneumaticraft and gregtech however i dont know which one is better at this point. If you can find a natural gas source that is actually amazing for power for a long time. You turn it into methane and LPG which can be burned in the regular small gas turbines and later in large gas turbines. The process should be able to be powered with sulfuric acid from desulfurisation.

With the diesel turbine you have the various liquid oil products but nitro diesel is by far the best route in my oppinion.

For steam i would say solid fuel boilers are very work intense due to the small amount of steam you get per item so at this tech level it is by far the easiest to go with high pressure lava boilers (1 drum of lava gets you A LOT of power).

This information might be a bit outdated since i havent played in a while but as far as oil go i think oilsand would probably be the easiest source of fuel but you can also go with an oilrig. However it works poorly with light oil so then its probably better to go with LPG fuel.

Once you have oil the best way would be to refine it into nitro diesel since that way you will help with the progression into HV (for high tech circuits) and beyond using the same infrastructure. Capacity wise this system can sustain you untill nuclear age or large turbines. Unless some larger changes have been made i have a little overview in my calculation sheet on what you need to build to make the low tech system work.

You can find this in the low tech power system (also food to methane and steam to methane)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ypolb7s6aLHTMSyClcbFxEPIlYP19qZGNUgDUOqpP4Q/edit?usp=sharing

this is the list of machines you need
http://prntscr.com/co5uew

I have mostly more advanced systems in the document but since im thinking of starting a new server i might try out something new and see what i can find.

Last edited:
S

SinTh0r4s

Hey Guys,

got a quick question here: How many Input Bus can i use on Processing arrays? I got one of my array set up with 16 MV Electrolyzer and i want to dump in all the dust to process. But out of my 5 Input Busses only one is able to detect the items and start processing. Is there a rule to follow?

Cheers,
Sin

G

Greyfell309

Hey Guys,

got a quick question here: How many Input Bus can i use on Processing arrays? I got one of my array set up with 16 MV Electrolyzer and i want to dump in all the dust to process. But out of my 5 Input Busses only one is able to detect the items and start processing. Is there a rule to follow?

Cheers,
Sin
Hi. Why not using just one input bus ? U can keep it filled with dusts via hoppers, conduits, AE stuff, pipes and translocators. When needed, you can loop certain amount of empty cells as many electrolyzer recipes require.

S

SinTh0r4s

Hi. Why not using just one input bus ? U can keep it filled with dusts via hoppers, conduits, AE stuff, pipes and translocators. When needed, you can loop certain amount of empty cells as many electrolyzer recipes require.
I am using a separate Input Bus with one slot which is full of Empty Cells (And that is working). But i don't want 16 not so often found dusts to be stuck in the input and block about 80k Silicon Dioxide... Sure i can use Regulators, but creating multiple hatches would be so much more easy ;-)

Sin

I

Ilirith

Greetings =)

I have an issue, that i haven't had with any other modpacks ( might be a coincidence, who knows? ).
Occasionally my ability to right click to use an item ( such as eating something ) is not working, while i can still place blocks with right click as well as empty a bucket of water into a cauldron.
I can't empty the bucket of water on the ground though.

It seems to happen after/when i right click while harvesting stuff on my farm, and i can still harvest fine even after the problem arises.
I can't open the Quest book either, but i can access machines fine.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Dnatabar

[Edit]

Only solution i've found is to restart the game, quitting and loading the world is not enough, but restarting the game does work ( just takes a while to start up , so its quite a bother )

tsbardella

Jul 29, 2019
I have an issue, that i haven't had with any other modpacks ( might be a coincidence, who knows? ).
Occasionally my ability to right click to use an item ( such as eating something ) is not working, while i can still place blocks with right click as well as empty a bucket of water into a cauldron.

try this Look at the mouse touch pad settings on your pc- change the delay to no delay here is a video

S

SinTh0r4s

Its me again^^

Is it possible to put Replicators or Mass Fabricators in Processing Arrays?

Sin

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings =)

I can't empty the bucket of water on the ground though.

It seems to happen after/when i right click while harvesting stuff on my farm, and i can still harvest fine even after the problem arises.
I can't open the Quest book either, but i can access machines fine.

Any ideas?

Sincerely,
Dnatabar

[Edit]

Only solution i've found is to restart the game, quitting and loading the world is not enough, but restarting the game does work ( just takes a while to start up , so its quite a bother )
This happens if you have set /gamerule doDaylightCycle false. If you want eternal day use NEIs function in cheat mode on top left (right click on the phases of day to disable those parts)

I

Ilirith

This happens if you have set /gamerule doDaylightCycle false. If you want eternal day use NEIs function in cheat mode on top left (right click on the phases of day to disable those parts)
Ah! yea that is most definitely it!
I'l give it a try in a bit, thanks!

[Edit]
Update, it worked splendidly! Thanks :D

Last edited: