[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

S

Sven "flamestrider"

Do you know what tier the radioactive material come from in material bags? You have me super paranoid, since I always grab material bags. (I think I might switch it up to component bags)
The easy workaround is to make a hazmat suit early on since it isn't prohibitively expensive imo. You'll need it for all those "hot" ingots from the EBF anyhow :)

N

nickicool

hi friends! I really like Infytech2 for industrial hardcore gameplay. I play from January 2016. Time is short for games and GreegTech playing for the first time, so only evolved to LV machines. During the game any questions. Please help me, I don't know where else to ask, because the game mechanics and recipes in InfyTech2 may vary:

1. a week ago I updated infytech to the latest version (my version will in ~ February). Now I can't take lava with the bucket.This is disabled?

2. I need lava to complete the quest (Yes, I got the book quest using cheat and activated manualy the quest mode - this is very interesting gameplay for me. Before it wasn't.). I decided to craft a IC2 pump to pump lava. But it doesn't work. I connected it to the coal generator IC2 and Gregtech diesel generator. What am I doing wrong?

I tried in creative mode (a new game) to test pumping water with a pump and a coal IC generator (screenshot http://c2n.me/3BB624Q): turned with wrench the pump down texture hole, and put in pump stack fluid cells (screen http://c2n.me/3BB7kU3).

3. I want to automatically fill the coal boilers Gregtech, but nothing works with item conduits (EnderIO), BC pipes, or Gregtech pipes with the module conveyors - does not work. But I saw lets plays on Infytech2 (end of 2015), where it works (there used EnderIO conduits). You can now automate the download of coal in boilers? Tried and on bronze and steel. Also the boiler does not give in pipe dust ashes. I tried to start a new game in creative mode, and there is also not working.

4. I can not understand how to use IC2 and EnderIO generators to power Gregtech mechanisms (e.g. battery buffers). Is this possible?

H

Herrminator1994

Now I need Tungsten. One of my Advanced Miner II setups turned up 12 crushed Scheelite ore, so there has to be a vein around here somewhere right?

R

RomaEcho

Is it possible to tune NEI in order to see all wariations of item from different materials? I mean now I find in nei 'drill' and get only one base drill without any properties although there are many drills made from different materials, and I would see all of them in NEI search results. Maybe its some settings or configs need to edit.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to tune NEI in order to see all wariations of item from different materials? I mean now I find in nei 'drill' and get only one base drill without any properties although there are many drills made from different materials, and I would see all of them in NEI search results. Maybe its some settings or configs need to edit.

I'm not sure if you can turn on all of the recipes or not but if you could, the sheer number of tools and materials would flood NEI with 100's of pages.

PS Are you doing the drill quest from the book? I just did it a few hours ago so feel your pain if you're trying to cycle through all of the materials page by page. Anyway, I made the tip out of the blue steel we had to make from an earlier quest.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
I encountered a wierd problem. it seems that I can't convert IC2 EU into GT EU. I placed a HV transformer in inverted mode right next to a IC2 reactor outputting 224 EU/t. I have a total of 3 Aluminium wires that connect it to a EV battery buffer. The lapotron crystals in it aren't charging at all.

I have the same problem with semifluid generators i use to get rid of unwanted creosote oil. they do produce energy, transmit it to the transformer (the energy bar shown in the semifluid GUI goes down after placing the transformer) and stop when the transformer is filled. The semifluid's internal buffer drains further if I connect the transformer to a battery buffer, but the batterys don't load. The energy isn't going into the internal buffer of the battery buffer, as I have 3 loaded and a single empty battery in the buffer. so the energy effectively dissapears.

Did anyone else come accross this problem?

*edit* the semifluids are actually working correctly, but the reactor still isn't loading the battery buffer

Last edited:

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if you can turn on all of the recipes or not but if you could, the sheer number of tools and materials would flood NEI with 100's of pages.

PS Are you doing the drill quest from the book? I just did it a few hours ago so feel your pain if you're trying to cycle through all of the materials page by page. Anyway, I made the tip out of the blue steel we had to make from an earlier quest.
You'll find that option in Gregtech config file "Gregtech.cfg". Go set to true the following: "show_all_metaitems_in_creative_and_NEI"

R

RomaEcho

I had no problem to compare different drills or other tools because I already added CraftGuide mod to the modpack which doesnt affect balance (and dont add any item) but shows all available variants for items. But when I made first drill I didnt expected that it just dissapear when broking. I thought maybe will need to change drill tip or something..)) Its too high cost for drill - 5 titanium ingots, motor, battery, and tip whis is 4 steels and 4 ingots of specific material.
I made it from beryllium which gave super fast speed of mining. Its just destroys blocks specially cobblestone. I just mined about 4 stucks of beryllium and drill brocked and dissapeared. Well, yeah, its super fast, but cost...

You'll find that option in Gregtech config file "Gregtech.cfg". Go set to true the following: "show_all_metaitems_in_creative_and_NEI"

Enabled that option and NEI now shows all possible drill tips but still just one drill (precisely three, for diffrent voltages). That not exactly what I expacted but already something. Thanks for tip.

Just appeared another question - how to charge OD Scanner? Tried MV Bat Buffer, didnt worked.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
I had no problem to compare different drills or other tools because I already added CraftGuide mod to the modpack which doesnt affect balance (and dont add any item) but shows all available variants for items. But when I made first drill I didnt expected that it just dissapear when broking. I thought maybe will need to change drill tip or something..)) Its too high cost for drill - 5 titanium ingots, motor, battery, and tip whis is 4 steels and 4 ingots of specific material.
I made it from beryllium which gave super fast speed of mining. Its just destroys blocks specially cobblestone. I just mined about 4 stucks of beryllium and drill brocked and dissapeared. Well, yeah, its super fast, but cost...

Enabled that option and NEI now shows all possible drill tips but still just one drill (precisely three, for diffrent voltages). That not exactly what I expacted but already something. Thanks for tip.

Just appeared another question - how to charge OD Scanner? Tried MV Bat Buffer, didnt worked.
As for drill breaking, you could use the Gregtech disassembler to regain some (all if using IV grade) materials before you breK your drill.

OD scanner can be charged in LV machines.
OV scanner can be charged in MV machines.

Reactions: RomaEcho
G

Greyfell309

My base in infitech is progressing fantastically! My main power source is still methane, although I finally reached the early EV age.

I now build a single thorium reactor that I want to use as main power supply while I turn the methane producers on and off depending on how full my EV battery buffers are. But I have no clue how I should do this. at first I thought I could simply use the EU reader cover, but it doesn't detect the amount of energy in the batteries, just in the internal buffer. My next thought was to use opencomputers, as I used computercraft in a similar way a few years back on the monster pack, but I don't really understand how I could realize this task with it.

The only more or less working solution I know how to build would be to use the reactor to power the methane production and use a comparator on a railcraft tank valve to see when I need to turn the reactors on or off, but this wouldn't help me much, as I would simply switch from using Lava as an energy source to Thorium, without actually producing more energy.

How do you guys tackle the problem?
How can methane be an energy source? It takes a lot of energy to produce methane. But maybe there is something i don't know. Please tell me more about your methane setup. I tried the large gas turbine but failed to sustain gas production so I dismantle it in the arc furnace.

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
How can methane be an energy source? It takes a lot of energy to produce methane. But maybe there is something i don't know. Please tell me more about your methane setup. I tried the large gas turbine but failed to sustain gas production so I dismantle it in the arc furnace.

here's a link to the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/datPG
http://imgur.com/a/datPG
The idea here is to create a a fuel that has a higher energy density than steam; steam has 500EU/B while methane has 35kEU/B. so it's easier to store a lot of energy with methane instead of steam. that way it's possible to cover a large energy demand for a short time, without having to use lower fuel efficiency machines like the large boiler. the setup here produces 240 EU/t worth of methane as long as it has enough carbon and lava at it's disposal. With a full size Railcraft tank it's possible to store up to 900m EU.

I used this setup as main energy source for quite a long time, I just reached the early EV era without using anyting else to power my workshhop machines and ore processor since I built this contraption. But I definitely reached it's limit. 240 EU/t simply isn't enough anymore to sustain my current power needs.

I could simply enlarge this setup, but it's damn annoying to get all the lava needed to keep it running. I'm currently working on a distillation tower setup to process all the oil I found so far. I will most likely use Thorium as a primary energy source for the next few weeks, with methane as a secondary to cover peak energy demands and finally nitro diesel as tertiary energy source, incase I use up all the methane.

I wouldn't recommend this setup for players who have progressed far enough in the tech tree, but it's a good choice for new players.

U

UNG_God

Im planning the setup for my Mass Fabricator, does anyone know how many EU per tick the Mass Fabricator draws?
a lot , i really mean a lot, i might be wrong, but i believe i saw on the past the problem people had with BloodAspen matter fabrication using i believe entire 12 amps of the tier voltage (so lv would be 12x32eu), i still did not got one, but just looking at the internal buffer of the fabricator, tells me it is true.

Now I can't take lava with the bucket.This is disabled?
never had this problem, i know lava on bucket will kill , but not able to use, you can use ic2 cell to collect it.

IC2 pump to pump lava.
looking at pictures, your pump need to touch the water surface.

coal boilers Gregtech
nope, i tried too and it is disabled on this pack, it is a manual job.

4. I can not understand how to use IC2 and EnderIO generators to power Gregtech mechanisms (e.g. battery buffers). Is this possible?
rf to gt idk, ic2 can be made using transformers (gt trans on ic2 storage/transformer).

How can methane be an energy source?
using a source that gives more than consuming, i used to make a pumpkin methane based one... ended switching to biogas.

G

Greyfell309

here's a link to the imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/datPG
I wouldn't recommend this setup for players who have progressed far enough in the tech tree, but it's a good choice for new players.
I asked because i tried the large gas turbine and didn't really like to spend energy in creating the gas. I spend many hours to get the large gas turbine setup. For the gas i used the pyrolise oven to make some bio stuff and then using around 16 distillers to make the actual gas.. But that wasn't even close to sustan my large turbine... Yes, steam is low energy density, but it's almost free. So if you tower up 40 lava boilers and hook them up to a large steam turbine with a thamium rotor u have 600 EU/t for FREE! Well, all u need to do is getting the lava from the nether. So, one thirsty tank and a chunk loader will provide the lava. I think it's more efficient to store the power in batteries. Anyway, if you want to make thorium power consider this: a reactor setup that produces 840EU/t with uranium fuel will produce only 168 EU/t with thorium, wich is way less...

S

Sven "flamestrider"

hi friends! I really like Infytech2 for industrial hardcore gameplay. I play from January 2016. Time is short for games and GreegTech playing for the first time, so only evolved to LV machines. During the game any questions. Please help me, I don't know where else to ask, because the game mechanics and recipes in InfyTech2 may vary:

1. a week ago I updated infytech to the latest version (my version will in ~ February). Now I can't take lava with the bucket.This is disabled?

2. I need lava to complete the quest (Yes, I got the book quest using cheat and activated manualy the quest mode - this is very interesting gameplay for me. Before it wasn't.). I decided to craft a IC2 pump to pump lava. But it doesn't work. I connected it to the coal generator IC2 and Gregtech diesel generator. What am I doing wrong?

I tried in creative mode (a new game) to test pumping water with a pump and a coal IC generator (screenshot http://c2n.me/3BB624Q): turned with wrench the pump down texture hole, and put in pump stack fluid cells (screen http://c2n.me/3BB7kU3).

3. I want to automatically fill the coal boilers Gregtech, but nothing works with item conduits (EnderIO), BC pipes, or Gregtech pipes with the module conveyors - does not work. But I saw lets plays on Infytech2 (end of 2015), where it works (there used EnderIO conduits). You can now automate the download of coal in boilers? Tried and on bronze and steel. Also the boiler does not give in pipe dust ashes. I tried to start a new game in creative mode, and there is also not working.

3:
Small GT boilers cannot be operated by automation for that you need to choose a different kind of boiler, like a RC one or a large GT Boiler...
4:
How to get IC2 power to GT electricity:
http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech_5/Electricity#Energy_conversions
From Changelog v3.0.0
- All RF production is disabled (except Big Reactors)
- All RF power transportation is disabled (this means Conduits, Kinesis pipes and similiar)
- GregTech wires are now capable of powering RF machines. Conversion ratio: 1EU=3,6RF; 1RF=0,2EU

DenTommes

Jul 29, 2019
I asked because i tried the large gas turbine and didn't really like to spend energy in creating the gas. I spend many hours to get the large gas turbine setup. For the gas i used the pyrolise oven to make some bio stuff and then using around 16 distillers to make the actual gas.. But that wasn't even close to sustan my large turbine... Yes, steam is low energy density, but it's almost free. So if you tower up 40 lava boilers and hook them up to a large steam turbine with a thamium rotor u have 600 EU/t for FREE! Well, all u need to do is getting the lava from the nether. So, one thirsty tank and a chunk loader will provide the lava. I think it's more efficient to store the power in batteries. Anyway, if you want to make thorium power consider this: a reactor setup that produces 840EU/t with uranium fuel will produce only 168 EU/t with thorium, wich is way less...

Well... my methane production is free too, it uses lava to produce the methane. but no, using batteries to store all that energy isn't nearly as efficent as using the railcraft tank to store methane. you'd need 90 Lapotron Crystals to build an equivalent energy storage and you needed the necesssary machinery and power infrastructure to build all of it in the first place...

This setup can be build in bronze age, there isn't a better power storage available that early in the game.

Why I'm using Thorium reactors? it's actually quite simple: I'll need Lutetium later on, the only way to produce it is with thorium reactors, so there's no way to avoid building them.

G

Greyfell309

Well... my methane production is free too, it uses lava to produce the methane. but no, using batteries to store all that energy isn't nearly as efficent as using the railcraft tank to store methane. you'd need 90 Lapotron Crystals to build an equivalent energy storage and you needed the necesssary machinery and power infrastructure to build all of it in the first place...

This setup can be build in bronze age, there isn't a better power storage available that early in the game.

Why I'm using Thorium reactors? it's actually quite simple: I'll need Lutetium later on, the only way to produce it is with thorium reactors, so there's no way to avoid building them.
Good to know. Thx for sharing

U

UNG_God

that is very old you know, also is for gt5 vanilla not gt5u.

From Changelog v3.0.0
- All RF production is disabled (except Big Reactors)
- All RF power transportation is disabled (this means Conduits, Kinesis pipes and similiar)

that dont seems correct, ender io stirling generator does produce power and i truly hope the power conduit is working, or i just throw some material out of the window.

R

RomaEcho

that dont seems correct, ender io stirling generator does produce power and i truly hope the power conduit is working, or i just throw some material out of the window.

Energy Conduit is working, I use them for powering farming station from generators.